• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else a sweet potato?

My moms planned a shower for me for Nov 17th.... next weekend! Cannot believe it's nearly here :) :happydance:
Once I've done the shower I can start to work on organizing everything and getting any other essentials - Woo hoo!

Anyone had or having a shower soon?

We're not having one (they're not very common over here).

But I am planning on doing some shopping trips over the next few weekends, to start looking for Christmas presents and for some more bits and pieces for bub :)

x

We're not having one (they're not very common over here).

But I am planning on doing some shopping trips over the next few weekends, to start looking for Christmas presents and for some more bits and pieces for bub :)

x
It's really too bad they aren't as common/ popular because it's so awesome to get together with all the women u know and open a whole bunch of gifts for baby - while having little appetizers/ dessert! Hopefully this little man gets lots of the essentials we need - it seriously helps so much!
I think people need to start making it a new trend - it's awesome :)

im having a shower!! My best friend and mum are sorting one out. Im so excited to have all my family and friends round to see the nursery. I wont see many of them for a good few months so will be lovely to catch up :)

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Oooh, maybe the trend is starting over here :D

Has anyone starting thinking about their birth plan yet?

Started to write down a few of the things I'd like/ prefer... Haven't made a final draft or anything.... Still feels early - so I guess I should do it soon.....

I'm the same really, I haven't written it all properly, but I've got a list of things which I want / don't want.

It's just nice and empowering that they actually ask us to write down our preferences, I think :) I had no idea before I get pregnant quite how much we were able to decide for ourselves!

This is great, obviously not necessarily going to go as planned BUT good to be able to tell them certain things.
Back when my mom was having one of us they shot her up with Demerol and she was SUPER sick from it - nice to be able to say u don't want that or to be given anything without concent. Makes me feel more comfortable, my cousins wife who just had her baby in May was told to get in really weird positions all over the place, I'd prefer to not be humiliated by doing all that if possible....

Hi all

Hope you have fun at your baby shower!

You are all a head of me thinking about your birth plans! Iv not a great couple of weeks. I have had a cough for four weeks now got told it was a virus. I had the flu and whopping cough injections in Tuesday and that night i felt terrible. Wednesday i couldn't get out of bed iv never felt so ill. Went back to the doctors they said i have never a chest infection and am on antibiotics. They said if i was pregnant i would of had an xray. They said its in the verge if numonia. I have to go back to the doctors next week. I feel
A but better but im so tired and fed up if coughing. Just hope baby is ok!

Hope your all ok! X

Hi all

Hope you have fun at your baby shower!

You are all a head of me thinking about your birth plans! Iv not a great couple of weeks. I have had a cough for four weeks now got told it was a virus. I had the flu and whopping cough injections in Tuesday and that night i felt terrible. Wednesday i couldn't get out of bed iv never felt so ill. Went back to the doctors they said i have never a chest infection and am on antibiotics. They said if i was pregnant i would of had an xray. They said its in the verge if numonia. I have to go back to the doctors next week. I feel
A but better but im so tired and fed up if coughing. Just hope baby is ok!

Hope your all ok! X
OMG! So sorry to hear ur struggling and sick :( Hopefully they can get everything treated quickly so you get some time to organize stuff - nothing worse than trying to do anything while sick.... :hugs:
I don't have a full birth plan, just a few basics.
You can look up online some basic tips for making one, even if all you record is no drugs given without concent and what u prefer for pain meds. I don't have a ton on the list yet...
Hope u feel better soon!

Hi all how are you?

Just to let you know that iv been back to the doctors. I have more antibiotics. They said it could be pneumonia. If these don't work i have to go into hospital.

Im feeling very fed up with everything! X

Oh no, really sorry to hear this - last thing you need when you're pregnant.

I hope you get better really soon x

Hi all how are you?

Just to let you know that iv been back to the doctors. I have more antibiotics. They said it could be pneumonia. If these don't work i have to go into hospital.

Im feeling very fed up with everything! X
Ohhh! That's terrible, lets hope these anti-b's do the trick and u can be back to funtioning before baby comes!

Had my baby shower this weekend, got so much stuff - filled my trunk to the brim and had to put a few things in the back seat! I cannot believe it.... Now to organize it all, it's taking up most of the space in the nursery....
Of course I requested 6 months+ since they don't use that many 0-3 or 3-6... I'll have to go through and organize by size.... Hopefully I can exchange some of the items. Also got given a few that are 18 months/ 24 months..... That's SO far away!

I will have to take some pics and send them when I finally get into organizing them.

Luckily I got given a few newborn size outfits - which will be great for the hospital :)

Hi all

I had to go back to the doctors and got referred to the labour ward. I was there 9 hours and had every test going.

I have pneumonia and have yet another set of antibiotics. Thats three sets altogether.

I have been signed off work as iv had alot of time off.

I feel so fed up and game been so emotional and tearful.

How are you all? X

Oh no Jessica, no wonder you're feeling fed up.

I hope that the anti-biotics start working soon and it clears up nice and quickly.

I'm ok thanks, just counting down the weeks really! x

Awww Jessica, that sucks but obviously it seems like the best option. Baby needs a healthy momma and this should help to accomplish that.
I'm honestly counting down the days to mat leave too (well I'm taking a few weeks vacation time before it starts....) CANNOT wait for Dec 14th!!!! No working through Xmas at all :) Woo hoo!

Also managed to get a bit of organizing done in the nursery.... Looks like I've got way too much 0-3,3,3-6 month clothing..... Hopefully people listen and only buy 6 months+ for any Xmas gifts.....

Dec 24th for me (with lots of days off in between) can't wait!

I washed all our baby clothes yesterday, we probably haven't got enough really, so I'll have to grab some more before Jan! It is harder being team yellow, there really isn't a lot of choice in the neutral clothes if you want to buy in advance!

I've noticed this too.... Seems to be much harder get get enough, although I do like the yellow/ neutral baby stuff - wish people would have bought more of it for my little man...

There are some very cute things out there! We've got a lot of white and grey at the moment. Think I'll get some yellows next, to make it all a bit more interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->