• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else about to try straight after mc?

Hey guys, went to epu yesterday and they did 2 preg tests, they were both still positive so they took some blood and did an internal scan..they said that they are happy enough that there isnt anything that has been left inside. turns out my hcg level is only 30 so i have to go bak tomoro for another blood test to confirm that the levels are dropping. wats makin it worse tho is that its my birthday tomorrow..ther was so many plans made by friends to go out and party and i was supposed to go to amsterdam on friday with the oh...then i became pregnant and all those plans changed to ones more suitable for a pregnant woman, i was looking forward to it even more, then the baby died..and now i just cant bring myself to be happy. i feel like i dont deserve to celebrate, why should i be happy about somthin when i've just lost my little baby....heads away with it girls...havin one of those days :(

Little_1-You have too still enjoy your birthday and be happy. I know the loss is awful but hopefully you'll be busy soon preparing for another baby. I do believe there is a reason for the MC. xx

Sorry you're feeling so low Little1, but if you have something nice planned for your birthday you should definitely go ahead with it. Taking your mind off things will do you good. Plus, I keep telling myself now that we should enjoy going out and doing whatever while we can as soon we will not be able to :)

thanks girls, i like your ideas on it rachel and jo, ill try my best to embrace the idea that this will be the last birthday i have without having a little 1 in my arms to help me blow out the candles. yea my friends and oh decided to have a party for me this saturday in a friends house wether i want it or not lol so ill try my best to smile and enjoy it and oh has booked a night in a hotel for us for my b/day, its not until the 3rd of dec..knowing my luck my af will show for it lol but if not it will be a nice way to start trying for preg number 2! hope your both doin good! x

jcorinne, I am also 32 and also tried for a long time before getting pregnant this time - 16 cycles. I haven't been on clomid but I definitely understand your impatience. Let's get through this together. Did he say wait 3 months before trying at all, or wait 3 months before another round of clomid? If the former then I'd get a second opinion. My dr. said that recent studies have shown there is no good reason to wait - and I read a study somewhere that women are more likely to have full term pregnancies in the 6 months after miscarriage.

rachelkt - thanks for the encouragement.

He wasn't really specific, just said we will try again in about 3 months so make another appointment with me in Feb. We are going to try on our own for now. But I can only hope that I will ovulate on my own. After clomid 50mg my 21 day was only 0.4, 100mg for two cycles it only got up to 9.9, then after 150mg it was 13.3-that was when I conceived. I have started using OPK's again so keep your fingers crossed that this mc has jump started my ovulation. And thanks I really need somebody to get through this with.

I know that I have seen in all the reading online I've been doing lately posts from women who don't normally ovulate on their own but do after miscarriage. I'm sure you'll be one of them! I don't know what the 9.9 and 13.3 numbers refer to. But I do think it's pretty cool that you responded so well to clomid - a higher dose and boom you conceived. So sounds like once you ovulate everything else works pretty well. I'm sure you'll be pregnant again soon.

As for me, just got back from the dr. She said whatever is still in there is only 1 cm long and may just be a clot, so she thinks it'll clear on its own. Not worth surgery at this point. She's just going to monitor my hormone levels and hope they come down on their own. Not sure how I feel. Yay to no surgery, but I also wish I could just DO something instead of waiting to see if it comes out by itself.

Piccolo thanks for the encouraging words. I am not sure what I would do without this site. You girls seem to be the only ones who understand. I'm glad you don't have to have surgery but I know the wait is like a cruel joke. :hugs:

Hello ladies, can I join you?:flower: Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am that so many women have gone thru this and ended up here. But, the PMA vibe I get from this thread is amazing!
So, I had an unscheduled scan on 11/11/11 for cramping and spotting, and we found out baby had stopped growing about 2 weeks earlier. I should've been 9 weeks. DH and I have been thru every emotion about it, but we both talked about ttc again as soon as we could and it made me feel like I had something to look forward to again. I have now stopped bleeding (opted to mc naturally), and hpt are -ve.
I so desperately want to be pregnant again, but since I've stopped bleeding and feel physically ready to move on DH won't touch me:nope: I tried to get him to :sex: last night, but he told me he wasn't ready yet:shrug: I so miss the closeness that you just don't get with cuddling - which was what he offered me. I was gutted and felt like a sex pest (!), and then thought maybe I'm being a bit weird wanting sex again so soon?:shrug:
I understand if it's too soon for him to want to ttc, but I bought some opk's (which we didn't use before) just so I could be sure my body was getting back to normal and they are -ve and he knows that, I even explained to him that it's not good baby-making time, but the perfect time to just enjoy each other.
I'm so confused :( This morning he acted like nothing happened, and when he asked how I slept I told him not very well because I was upset about what (didn't) happened. All he said was "ok", he's not the type to talk about stuff and it's even worse now because he's away til Friday working.

Anyway, sorry for dragging the tone down and for such a long post, but thanks for reading.

Hi Auntylolo, welcome to the thread, i'm sorry your hubby being a bit reluctant has he given his reasons for not wanting to try again straight away or does he need a bit more time. x

No he's just being a dick and pretending it didn't happen. Maybe he's not dealing with it as well as he makes out, I just wish he would open up to me :sad1:

Sorry to hear that auntylolo :( Maybe he just needs a bit more time... I think you should try to talk to him... I hope he comes around soon for you. I've just got back from visiting my friend and her 3 week old baby and it has made me even more desperate to get pregnant, if that's even possible?!?!

Sorry for your loss Auntylolo :hugs: It is such a hard thing to go thru. My DH hasn't really talked about our loss either. To me it seemed like he was sad for me the first day we found out but then he was kinda over it and thought I should be to. I don't think you are weird for wanting sex again so soon. For us we need that closeness and bond to our partner. You never know maybe he was afraid that he would physically hurt you or that it would be too emotional for you or him. Sometimes when you have a hubby that doesn't talk you assume the worse and when you finally learn the truth it is something that was actually dear. I hope things get better for you. :hugs:

Welcome auntylolo, i agree with jcorinne, try talkiing to him...i no somtimes it may feel like your talking to a brick wall with an attitude (talking from personal ex.) but just be open and honest and tell him how it is making you feel... you both have enough to go thru right now, the last thing u need is to bottle things up with eachother... we're all here for you anyway, anytime you need an ear xx

just an up-date for you all...final hcg levels from epu came up as 28 which showed that they had went down by 2 in the 2days between blood tests.. hospital has said that i have to retest and if i am still getting positives in a week i have to go straight down to them.. apparently prg tests dont show a positive unless your hormones are 50 and above...yet mine are still pos at 28 so they said they want me to make sure that the test goes negative...god i have such a messed up body! hope everyones doin well! x

Today I would have been 9 weeks pregnant :( It has been two weeks as of today and it was a hard day. When can I expect to ovulate? Just keep getting negative tests and I am so ready to try again. If I count the day I miscarried as CD1 I am CD14 which is when I used to always ovulate. Ahhh I'm so frustrated and sad.

Today I would have been 9 weeks pregnant :( It has been two weeks as of today and it was a hard day. When can I expect to ovulate? Just keep getting negative tests and I am so ready to try again. If I count the day I miscarried as CD1 I am CD14 which is when I used to always ovulate. Ahhh I'm so frustrated and sad.

:hugs: It is hard when you get to those days and think what you would have/ should have been :(

It is frustrating not knowing when you will ovulate again, I seemed to pretty much o at normal time straight after my m/c but everyone is different so there really is no way of telling. All I can say is to try to remember that it WILL happen and we just need to be patient... I didn't use OPKs this month - I wanted to use them last month as after the m/c I wouldn't have had any idea at all what was going on and wanted reassurance that all was back to normal. But I found that they made the baby making experience a bit too high pressure :( SO this month we went back to dtd lots during most fertile week (or what I am presuming is most fertile week!) It worked last time so I am hoping it will again!

just an up-date for you all...final hcg levels from epu came up as 28 which showed that they had went down by 2 in the 2days between blood tests.. hospital has said that i have to retest and if i am still getting positives in a week i have to go straight down to them.. apparently prg tests dont show a positive unless your hormones are 50 and above...yet mine are still pos at 28 so they said they want me to make sure that the test goes negative...god i have such a messed up body! hope everyones doin well! x

Sounds confusing?! I hope they get to the bottom of it soon, keep us updated!

Ho is everybody doing? I think I'm still waiting to O. Had a few twinges but nothing significant. Since I don't O by myself I have no idea when I should be expecting it. Wanted to bd tonight but my OH is gonna be out and I find myself panicking over it just in case I miss the right time. I keep saying I'm gonna relax my approach to this but I just can't beat the fact I wanna be pregnant again so badly...

Hi everyone, sorry not been on for awhile been having family stop with me over the weekend.

I'm still getting good clear postive pregnancy results and last conception indicator test I did on Saturday showed I was 3+ with no waiting time. I've booked an appt for next Tuesday the 6th for an early scan as I've had no AF inbetween.

Little-1-How are the tests going are they getting fainter yet? I hope everything goes back to normal as soon as possible and you still managed to have good Birthday and night away.

Auntylolo-I hope you and your partner get things sorted out.

Rachel-My FX'd this will be your month, how long did it take you last time?

Babybumplove-I was similar to Rachel and believe I ovulated as normal. However I was only 4 weeks 4 days when I MC which might be the reason why I got back on track very quickly.

We got pregnant in our first month of trying last time, so I am really hoping for it to be quick again... I was hoping it'd happen first month again after the m/c but it didn't :( I am keeping hopeful for this month though :)

I know how you feel it has been 4 weeks since my miscarriage and we have been trying to conceive since it stopped now it has been 4 weeks and no sign of my period but my Dr has told me to wait until i am 2 weeks past the day my period is due as it coukld be just late due to miscarriage but only time will tell I hope all the lovely ladies on here get there BFP's there have been some very supportive comments and its so nice to here.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"