Anyone else around a year of trying?

I have just read this online

An MRI scan is a painless and harmless procedure. You may experience a slight sense of claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces) when you are inside the scanner.

Unlike X-rays, MRI scans do not involve exposing the body to radiation. This means that people who may be vulnerable to the effects of radiation, such as pregnant women and babies, can safely use them.

Feeling much better :happydance:

Unfortunately AF showed up yesterday :( oh well at least I have my IVF consult to "look forward" to!

Galaxy - good luck with the MRI!

Oh no horrible witch :(.

MRI went fine - Glad its over and done with though!

AF is due today but had no usual cramping (other than the mild cramping a couple of days ago).
But noticed a very light brown discharge /spotting on my liner this morning so she is on her way

Aww Goldfish :hugs: so sorry to hear that AF showed :hugs: Is your IVF consultant appt a week today? Is that when you'll talk about the best treatments for you?

Galaxy Girl how are you getting on? Hope the MRI scan went well and didn't eat too much of your Saturday up!

Oh well Monday morning again :growlmad: roll on hometime!!

xxx

MRI was fine - Was in it for a whole hour though!! But I think I fell asleep :haha:

AF came sunday though :cry: Just want it to hurry up so we can try again :haha:

Hope your well :hugs:

Galaxy - booo to AF! FX this cycle!

Scarlett - yes my IVF consult appt is next Monday so hopefully that'll be when we discuss blood test results and next steps towards IVF. How is the baby?

Galaxy so sorry to hear that AF arrived :hugs: keeping everything crossed for next cycle for you! WOW a whole hour in the machine, not surprised you fell asleep!! When do you get the results?

Goldfish how exciting for Monday! Really hope things start moving really quickly after your appt! What are the blood test results you're waiting on and how do they make a difference to which approach you'll use?

I'm all good thank you and Diddy is well :cloud9: my cramps returned over the weekend which totally freaked me out, but they've eased up again thankfully! My first midwife appt is a week today so am looking forward to that and then 12 wk scan on 10th May. In the meantime I've bought a doppler which arrived yesterday and I'm sure I'm going to get hooked on it :blush:

Roll on the weekend...and next week for us all!! xxx

Galaxy so sorry to hear that AF arrived :hugs: keeping everything crossed for next cycle for you! WOW a whole hour in the machine, not surprised you fell asleep!! When do you get the results?

Goldfish how exciting for Monday! Really hope things start moving really quickly after your appt! What are the blood test results you're waiting on and how do they make a difference to which approach you'll use?

I'm all good thank you and Diddy is well :cloud9: my cramps returned over the weekend which totally freaked me out, but they've eased up again thankfully! My first midwife appt is a week today so am looking forward to that and then 12 wk scan on 10th May. In the meantime I've bought a doppler which arrived yesterday and I'm sure I'm going to get hooked on it :blush:

Roll on the weekend...and next week for us all!! xxx

Ive started 'slimming world' this week in an attempt to shift some pounds and be more healthy - Hoping that will result in a BFP soon :dance:

I get my results back in the next couple of weeks, I have to phone the drs to book an appt to find out the results though :shrug:

The cramping is probably just things stretching so dont worry :hugs:

Goldfish - Good Luck for monday :thumbup:

Hope your both well :hugs:

Morning Galaxy! Good on you with slimming world – is that the one where you have syns? If you’re ever looking for exercise classes then I really recommend Zumba. I HATE exercising and the gym but started to go last year as I knew I needed to shift some pounds too, and I love it so much that I now go several times a week….I’ve even been going since my BFP! Really hope your first meeting went well at SW :hugs:

That’s a pain you’ve got to make another apt with your Dr to get results – hope you get them soon and there’s some good news for you!

Yeah am sure the cramping is things stretching and I think the placenta is still attaching too from what I’ve read (as the cramps are where Diddy is) it’s funny as when I have them I worry and then when I don’t have them I worry too LOL!

Goldfish really hope all is well with you….only 4 sleeps til Monday!!

Hope you’ve both got lovely weekends planned – roll on Friday!!

xx

Goldfish I am new here. What are your symptoms of endometriosis? I am wondering whether I have it too. My name is Kate and I have been ttc for 8 months. I have painful periods.. Sorry to gate crash.

Yeah slimming world is the one with syns. I love it!! It is defo the right 'diet' for me :happydance:
Got my first weigh in on monday! I will have to get one of those little countdown things with weight loss on that I have seen people have on here :haha:

Ive done zumba before it is great fun but I am soooo uncoordinated its silly Lol!!

Katerym - I too have very painful periods ...

Should I be worrying? I better not look on google as It will just freak me out!

Hi all, I am new to the site! My DH and I have been TTC since August 2012. I am 32 DH is 35. I have had an HSG, FSH and progesterone levels done. FSH was great, HSG was great, progesterone on cd16 was 5.8 and on cd21 was 1.2. Are these levels normal? I have tried using the ovulation sticks and some work better than others, but have not really got the "dark" line. I do believe I ovulate, however it is difficult for me to know exactly when because my cycles are 22, 24, 26 or 28 days long. Most being between 22-25 days. Also, when is the time to actually "do the deed"? When the stick has a "dark" line making the ovulation stick positive or before this happens? I am trying to learn about TTC as much as possible! Please share with me any advice, I will be so grateful!! Thank so much!

Goldfish I am new here. What are your symptoms of endometriosis? I am wondering whether I have it too. My name is Kate and I have been ttc for 8 months. I have painful periods.. Sorry to gate crash.

Kate - I used to have heavy periods and bad cramping, but I thought it was normal!! Ironically the past few years, my periods have gotten lighter, but then I started getting random pelvic pains (not associated with periods) - I thought I was just having stomach aches. Then in early 2011, the pain got really bad until I started getting it every day. I finally had an intravaginal ultrasound, where they saw endometriomas on my ovaries. I then had a laparoscopy to diagnose endo - a lap is really the only way to formally diagnose it because it's hard to tell otherwise apparently. Maybe go speak to your GP if you're worried - but please remember that some people just take longer to conceive so don't panic yet, and some people have painful periods and don't have endo! good luck to you

Hi all, I am new to the site! My DH and I have been TTC since August 2012. I am 32 DH is 35. I have had an HSG, FSH and progesterone levels done. FSH was great, HSG was great, progesterone on cd16 was 5.8 and on cd21 was 1.2. Are these levels normal? I have tried using the ovulation sticks and some work better than others, but have not really got the "dark" line. I do believe I ovulate, however it is difficult for me to know exactly when because my cycles are 22, 24, 26 or 28 days long. Most being between 22-25 days. Also, when is the time to actually "do the deed"? When the stick has a "dark" line making the ovulation stick positive or before this happens? I am trying to learn about TTC as much as possible! Please share with me any advice, I will be so grateful!! Thank so much!

Hi Marti - I'm not sure what units you've been given for your progesterone (for example, the UK and the US use completely different units of measurement for this!) so it's hard to say. To check if you've ovulated, it's important that they check progesterone about 7 days after you ovulate, so CD16 and CD21 might not be the right times? I'd recommend charting your basal temperature (google it for more info). When your ovulation stick test is as dark or darker than the control line, then you MIGHT ovulate the next day or 2, so that's the best time to BD (as well as the few days before that happens plus the next 2 days for good luck ;)

Morning Girls!

Galaxy :happydance: yay for Slimming World for you then – my friend is doing it and has already lost over a stone! I think being allowed the naughty things occasionally defo makes a difference. Hope all goes well for you on Monday!

Marti what Goldfish has said is exactly what I was going to say!! For your prog level to be measured right your blood test needs to be done a week before your period and I’d defo suggest temping and also charting your CM – when you start to see EWCM, that’s a good sign to be DTD :winkwink: Fertility Friend is a great way to chart both temps and CM and they email you lessons explaining it all so that it makes sense. Also it’s cheaper than OPKs as all you need to buy is a basal thermometer. Hope that helps :flower:

Goldfish really hope all goes well on Monday for you! Am keeping everything crossed that things really start moving and happening for you after your apt :hugs:

Well it’s Friday again WOO HOO :happydance: so hope everyone has lovely weekends!

xxx

Morning Ladies!!

How's everyone doing?

Goldfish - how did Monday go?

And Galaxy - any news on your knee?

:flower: xx

Kate - I used to have heavy periods and bad cramping, but I thought it was normal!! Ironically the past few years, my periods have gotten lighter, but then I started getting random pelvic pains (not associated with periods) - I thought I was just having stomach aches. Then in early 2011, the pain got really bad until I started getting it every day. I finally had an intravaginal ultrasound, where they saw endometriomas on my ovaries. I then had a laparoscopy to diagnose endo - a lap is really the only way to formally diagnose it because it's hard to tell otherwise apparently. Maybe go speak to your GP if you're worried - but please remember that some people just take longer to conceive so don't panic yet, and some people have painful periods and don't have endo! good luck to you

I actually asked my dr about this yesterday as I was worried because I get painful periods. Her answer was painful periods does not mean something is wrong. She asked if I was doubled up in pain that I couldnt do anything or if I was being sick because of the pain my answer to both no. She also said the pain shouldnt last any longer than 2 days which for me it doesnt. So I certainly came away feeling reassured I am 'normal' lol. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on myself and If I discover any changes to contact GP :shurg: ?

Morning Ladies!!

How's everyone doing?

Goldfish - how did Monday go?

And Galaxy - any news on your knee?

:flower: xx

Well first week of SW and I lost 7lb :happydance: I couldnt believe it!!

Joined a gym yesterday and had my first workout today, I feel sooooooo much better for it :).

Also saw the Dr yesterday and she has told me Im not allowed to track anything from my next cycle and just DTD as and when I can through the summer and if im not pregnant by then to go back and she will run some tests :happydance: So I am certainly feeling much more positive!

MRI scan results hasnt come back for my hip yet :growlmad:

Scarlett - nice to hear from you, hope you and bub are well.

I got bad news at my ivf appt on Monday...found out I have low AMH levels so probably have low ovarian reserve. The dr was nice enough to fast track things for me so instead of waiting till the next cycle, I can start downregulating in this cycle when I reach CD21, which happens to be next week! So the odds are not in my favour but I will give it a go as its unlikely I will conceive naturally between my crap egg reserve, endo and blocked tube!

Good news was that I have put on 2.5 kg!!! Something positive at least, it's been a huge effort to put this weight on and I intend to put on a couple more kg!

Galaxy - well done on your weight loss!!

I'm not sure how active I will be on this thread now, just feel a bit overwhelmed at the thought of doing IVF. I will be updating my journal if anyone is interested in following though!

Hellooooooooooooo!

And sorry for the delay, been rather hectic as I've just moved home :wacko:

GG: WOW congrats to you :happydance: that's brilliant news...all round what with what the Dr said to. I hope that you have an update on your hip by now. And of course that BFP ASAP!!

Goldfish: I'm so sorry about your news, but I'm so pleased to hear that things are finally happening for you! I hope you're not feeling too poorly on the drugs and that your BFP is just around the corner. Would defo follow your journey as I've got everything crossed for you!! Where is it?

Lots and lots of :dust: dust: to you both

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"