anyone else been told there big for dates and baby is breech?

mummy2be 2009

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

hope u r all well? and looking forward to christmas!!

I went for my 30 week m/w appt this week to be told not only am i big for dates (measuring 34) but also baby is breech!

i am booked in for a scan monday 21st dec to check her growth, was wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me? this is my 3rd pregnancy and i must stress my most unpleasent having a breech baby is very uncomfortable.

can u tell me what advice you have been given? what happened at your growth scan? do u think i will end up with a c-section?? i dont have a great m/w she seems to have little time to spend with me so i don't get to ask all the questions i want to.

can any of you help

claire xxx

Sorry I can't be much help - the midwife didn't check the baby position at my last (28 week) appointment. I was measuring 1 week ahead but I read it in my notes, she didn't tell me and like yours she never seems to have much time. How much weight have you gained, if you don't mind me asking? I have gained 24lb already. I was under the impression breech wasn't a problem yet at 30 weeks as they are likely still to turn? When you say you are uncomfortable, how are you uncomfortable?

xx

i have had 2 babys before and i can honestly say this is the worse, little one is active all the time and her movements are so strong i never get a break night and day!! starting to wear me out to be honest with you,. also it sounds silly but when she does a hard kick or movement i feel like i can feel it in my bum, i have a right wriggler!!
erm i weighed myself yesterday and i have put on just over a stone

I understand what you mean about the strength of kicks - not that I have anything to compare it to as this is my first. I sometimes get hard kicks to the cervix and also to the intestines which feel quite sore. Still, its better than not feeling anything and worrying.
Maybe you feel it more because this is your third? I understand that happens.
Good luck anyway and I hope she turns to put your mind at ease.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->