• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else due July? On the pregnancy train again!

ive always been a good sleeper now I cant sleep till late and wake up really early and I wake twice in the night to pee im exhausted and sooo tired in the day but I loooove it!! im so happy to be blessed doesn't feel real still!! and im full of flu my head to toe is aching im burning up but im still sneakily happy that my little poppyseed is with me :) its going to be a long nine months,

whens everyone telling parents friends etc im 4+5 and I don't know when to tell!?

I've told two close friends who are on the ttc journey with me (and obvs DH), and nobody else. Getting an 8 week scan which might give me the confidence to tell a couple of other close girl friends also on the ttc journey. They're telling me all about them and I feel guilty not sharing with them! But I'm waiting for my 12 week scan until I tell the family. We will be visiting them 12+3 for Christmas and I want to tell them in person once we are out of the danger zone so they can get excited rather than tentatively wait with me for the next few weeks. Plus it means i get to see their reaction in person! So excited and wishing the next few weeks away. :happydance:

I have told my family and work colleges, I'm a nurse and there is a few things you can't do when your pregnant so I had to tell them.
I will probably tell friends as I see them. I feel weird knowing it and not saying anything.
I had told everyone when I had my m/c at 12 weeks and the support and love I got was amazing and helped me so much so I have no problem telling people early (this is my own opinion about myself, I totally understand others reasons for not telling!) xx

Morning ladies!

I'm super tired. My poor ickle boy is full of a cold and we haven't had much sleep for about a week but last night was the worst. I'm working until 10pm so feeling like a martyr! Haha the joys of motherhood

I'm not saying anything until around the 12 week mark. It will be Christmas time so hopefully a nice time for good news :) x

Rooster I love that outfit on your lo in your avatar. Where is it from?

My DS has a terrible cold too! It's horrible. We are all like the living dead in my house!
The outfit is next I think but quite old. I had it at the back of his draws for ages and by the time I found it he only could wear it that one time in that pic! Was so small on him. I'm saving it for the next one though x

I have told my family and work colleges, I'm a nurse and there is a few things you can't do when your pregnant so I had to tell them.
I will probably tell friends as I see them. I feel weird knowing it and not saying anything.
I had told everyone when I had my m/c at 12 weeks and the support and love I got was amazing and helped me so much so I have no problem telling people early (this is my own opinion about myself, I totally understand others reasons for not telling!) xx

I too am a nurse, I work in intensive care and its pretty heavy work ive kind of just been avoiding heavier work, do u think I need to tell work? if so when do u think I shud tell, I had mc in sept and was very early so didn't even have chance to tell people apart from my sister, and then after mc I told mum and mil and other sister, I just don't know what to do I haven't even been the drs yet, should I? its hard cause u don't wana tell ppl, but then u cant ask for advice lol x

I have told my mum and two close friends and DH has told his brother. We have thought about waiting til the 12 week mark to tell anyone else but with the festive season heading towards us, I have a feeling some people may guess. I have already paid to go on two work nights out and another night out with friends and I still really want to go. However, once they see me without my usual glass of vino, they will definitely smell a rat!!

It may be nice to tell our families at Christmas I guess, I am just still ridiculously paranoid to make a decision yet.

X

Rooster I feel like you do about telling people, I had a MMC and had told people we were expecting and everyone was so supportive so I was glad of all their help and love. So next time we told everyone again and it really helped to know they were all sending their love and wishes for our 12 week scan when all was ok. We haven't told my work this time purely because I don't go back properly until January so want to get my shifts in place before they decide they can't accommodate me lol! As you said though not everyone likes everyone knowing about MC so it's just my personal feeling.

Florence I'm a support worker and so do a lot of things similar to yourself regarding heavy lifting, rolling, pushing wheelchairs etc. I am not telling work yet (as mentioned above) but I am only doing the odd shift here and there until January anyway so I don't feel it matters. But if there's anything you feel you shouldn't be doing then I would tell your supervisor/boss in confidence so they can work round it. In my job it's too hard to work round things without everyone else knowing too though.
And I would definately make a doctors appointment, so you can get your booking appointment sorted and have all the checks done like
BP and blood tests.

I booked my gp see him tomorrow ill ask him re: work and stuff I also have hashimotos thyroiditis so I need guidance for this fxd all will run smooth x

i think we are gunna wait till christmas... we will be around 12 weeks.. and than we can do a cute christmas pregnancy reveal.. =)

ilovemyhubby, that's what we're hoping to do with most of the family too! Immediately family will know before I think, but we want to tell aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. on Christmas. Have you thought about how you'll tell them?

We're thinking of making an ornament for my Nana that says "Best Great Grandmother" and then having her open it in front of the family!

aww thats a sweet idea.... i am thinking about sending this to my parents for christmas...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/99714768/quail-egg-custom-pregnancy-announcements?ref=shop_home_feat

i dunno if or when i want to tell extended family... i felt like i let everyone down when our daughter died and im afraid to let people know... so im gunna have to figure that out... plus my family lives in another state, so i wont see them for christmas...

That's super cute!!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: I'm sure no one feels like you left them down, unfortunately sad things like that just happen.

im sure they dont... but i just dont like feeling like a downer... and people dont deal well with babyloss... they try and avoid thinking and talking about it... naturally, its sad stuff! but it has kinda alienated everyone i know... most of my friends dont talk to me anymore cause they cant handle it...i dunno. i just am not excited to share the news is all.. i feel like waiting to see if i bring home a baby this time... and then being like SURPRISE! its a child! ill tell my parents for sure, but aside from that... maybe grandma will know...

im sure they dont... but i just dont like feeling like a downer... and people dont deal well with babyloss... they try and avoid thinking and talking about it... naturally, its sad stuff! but it has kinda alienated everyone i know... most of my friends dont talk to me anymore cause they cant handle it...i dunno. i just am not excited to share the news is all.. i feel like waiting to see if i bring home a baby this time... and then being like SURPRISE! its a child! ill tell my parents for sure, but aside from that... maybe grandma will know...

So sorry you lost your baby girl :hugs:

It's very nerve wracking carrying the precious cargo that is your rainbow but try and enjoy it as much as you can.

Understand your reservations about not telling everyone. My reasons were I was at hospital appts all the time and didn't want mithering. I know people do it cos they care but it just made me more nervous. We didn't tell my inlaws until 17 weeks and the rest of the world around 20-22weeks when I though I could no longer hide my growing bump.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope it goes as smooth as possible :) xxx

My DS has a terrible cold too! It's horrible. We are all like the living dead in my house!
The outfit is next I think but quite old. I had it at the back of his draws for ages and by the time I found it he only could wear it that one time in that pic! Was so small on him. I'm saving it for the next one though x

That explains it. Next clothes are adorable. Hope your household are better soon :-( xx

im sorry for the loss of your daughter too... this rainbow stuff is anxiety.....i am trying my best to enjoy it, i even got a pregnancy app... i think i will be able to enjoy it more after i know there is a heartbeat and baby is developing normally...
yah. i dont want people worrying either... i worry enough on my own much less having to reassure them about something im not sure of... i live in a different state than all of my family, so theoretically i could go all the way through without telling anyone... my mom might disown me though... so i want to tell my parents.. we arent close to his family, so we arent in a hurry to tell them either...
thanks for the kind words =) sorry that you have to know how it feels... =/
so are u preggo again now?

Yay! Some good news today, OB said that he's pretty sure our sticky bean implanted in the same horn of my bicornuate that our DD did. I carried til almost full term with her and she had enough room to turn head down in there, so things are looking pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->