Anyone else have a night time baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Sovereign, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Is anyone else's baby quite quiet during the day and then kicks the hell out of you when its night time?! LO is relatively quiet in the day, wakes up a bit in the evening and then as soon as I get into bed WHAMO the party starts!! I been asleep all afternoon cos I was that shattered!:rofl:

2. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Mines an early morning (i.e 7.00) and early evening baby. It just gently wriggles at night. So cute - feels like little butterflies when I vaguely wake in the night!!

3. bumpity

bumpity Well-Known Member

yes! I'm the same - I think it's because that's when I am most quiet - all of a sudden bump wakes up and wants to play football with my insides :D

4. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

Yep, she starts around 11 and goes to about 1:30. And then I wake up around 8am and she goes again

5. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

yep my LO is much more active at night!!

6. bambikate

bambikate Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

meee too, do you reckon it's an indication of they'll be like when they're born too??? lol x x

7. OKgirl

OKgirl Well-Known Member

I've heard that their sleeping and waking pattern will be the same after birth. My baby goes nuts when I sit down after work, and usually falls asleep soon after I lay down in bed. Generally, he's active whenever I'm resting.

8. AC81

AC81 Proud mum of 2

I've got a night time baby too! Seems to be most active after dinner and around 11.30ish at night. I don't really feel much during the day - just a bit in the morning, then bubs goes off to sleep!

9. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Mine used to be until about 2/3 weeks ago ... shes become a hell of a lot more actuve during the daytime and its pretty even now

10. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

Sounds just like Abby! I will only feel her 3 or 4 times in the day! It gets to 11pm and she doesnt bloody stop!! She goes crazy and it can be really painful :( She goes for about 2 or 3 hours!!

11. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

:wacko: I hope not lol!

12. Laura.Alicia

Laura.Alicia Guest

Yeah! more so at night than the day... but when LO is active during the day it hurts because my bump gets bashed into the desk! :rofl:

13. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

My bub used to be so active when I woke up and when i'd get into bed. Was entertaining!

14. kirstyloo82

kirstyloo82 Well-Known Member

ive got a nocturnal baby to! generally starts at 9/10pm and goes for several hours, then starts again about 5am. I am struggling to get much sleep at night partly due to baby moving but getting bigger and uncomfortable as well, also a snoring husband. Having a 19 month old toddler who generally is sleeping very little during the day i am really tired. i love feeling the little monkey wriggle, but wish that i could catch up on a few hours. heaven knows ill need it all the more when i have got a newborn and 22 month old and daddy is back at work in january!

15. Kazzap

Kazzap Well-Known Member

11pm?? What's that? I don't think I have seen past 10pm for months! Fortunately LO is most active about 8-9pm when I'm on the sofa. I either don't get as much action at night or i don't notice it!

And he/she usually starts again on the drive in to work.... thanks to the godawful Deerfoot Trail in Calgary!