Anyone else have an OB/Midwife they really like?

hivechild

Mummy to Ronan
Reaction score
Show some love for your OB/Midwife!

I had an appointment with my OB today (I see her every 4 weeks) and I really enjoy seeing her. She's so positive and upbeat.

She asked if I had been feeling movements yet, and I said no not yet, and her reply was 'You should soon! Hopefully in the next few weeks!' I know that it can be 20 odd weeks before feeling movement with a first pregnancy, but it was nice to know that she thinks it's possible this early, and acknowledges that it can happen a lot sooner than 20 weeks.

She booked me in for my next ultrasound at 18 weeks (one month from now), commenting that this would be 'the fun one.'

Oh, and I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time today! The little monkey did NOT like it and kept darting out of the way until she got it cornered!

I have seen the same midwife for my first couple of appointments, but I'll be seeing a new one for my next appointment because the one I've been seeing will be gone on maternity leave -lol I hope I like the next one too.

I loved my consultant, she was lovely. Any worries i had she never dismissed them or made me feel like i was being stupid and she was always there to answer any question i had and she was just generally really nice

I just adore my midwives. I had used a OBGYN for my girls so this time I wanted to try a midwife and I love them. Most of my appointments last an hour and I never feel rushed. I look forward to having my midwives at the delivery :flower:

I just adore my midwives. I had used a OBGYN for my girls so this time I wanted to try a midwife and I love them. Most of my appointments last an hour and I never feel rushed. I look forward to having my midwives at the delivery :flower:

Ditto to above!!! It's my first and I have a mw team - they're great!! :D

I absolutely LOVE my midwife, I will be meeting the doctor on sept. 15. I have to have at least 1 appointment with him every trimester, but I have heard nothing but good things about him, so I am sure I am going to like him.

On my first i had a lovely midwife and was hoping i would see her this pregnancy but she is on maternity leave! My new midwife is lovely too tho so im very happy. Its great when you can feel comfotable talking to them about any worries!!

I really dislike my midwife! She seems to look down her nose at me. I ask a question and all i get is a peer over her glasses and a few words mumbled at me. My OH and I bought a doppler and we can actually hear the heartbeat allthough it is quite difficult to find.. and when we said we could hear through the doppler, she snorted and said "That is rather unlikely" She didn't tell us the heart rate.. give me any advice.. she didn't do anything!! She's a grumpy old silly woman!!

rant over

I loved both my GP and my MW in London, they were both so nice!! now ive moved, ill meet my HV tomorrow and the gP's i know because i used to be reg there. MW's i have no idea!!!

ive given up on them!! i saw one at 8 weeks and did all the booking in and was told i would have an appointment around 16 weeks. come 16 weeks i hadnt heard anything tryed ringing several times, no answer. rang the main office and the stupid women said try leaving a message on her phone i told her i already had and she said well leave another 1 then!!
a few weeks later i got a letter saying she was moving abroad so thats obviously why she didnt care. i then got a call from another midwife who said she would ring me in the next few days to sort out an appointment and that was almost 3 weeks ago!! so i have given up with them all!! xx

I loved loved loved my midwife I had when I was pregnant with Ophelia.By the end she felt more like my friend than my midwife :) Couldnt have had a better midwife.
She isnt my midwife this time though,booo,and I havent seen the same midwife twice yet so I don't really know if I get on with my named midwife this time :shrug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->