• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else just not want to buy/do things?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I was very excited to work on the nursery and to buy the big fancy double stroller boy or girl. Now I don't want to do any of it. I want to just buy a used double that will match DS's old car seat and be done with it. I don't want to work on all the nursery things. I'd rather just buy a used crib and slap a fresh coat of pain on the walls. I'm just over it. It's not exciting, it doesn't feel special. I just want it all to be over. I'm ready for him to be here and to just move on with things. This pregnancy has been horrible on it's own without the gender disappointment. I'm way more sick this time than last. Keep hoping the tech was wrong but there's no way. I saw his little penis more than once and there is no denying it :cry:

Aww :(
Sorry you feel that way.
You still need to celebrate your new little guy with some lovely things for him :) he's a whole new person. I was over boys things as well when I had DS 2 but still made sure we did special little things for him it might help you start to come to terms with it.
You can still get amazing boys things sometimes you just have to search a little harder on the net and things.
Fingers crossed once he comes you'll feel better about it.
I'm pregnant with number 3 and I think ill loose my shit if I have to buy blue things again :haha: but what can you do?

It just sucks shopping for the same things. We aren't buying much because we don't need much tbh. Really just a crib, double stroller and some new bottles. DS had tons of clothes some he never even wore :dohh: I feel like I am trying so hard but just can't snap out of it. I have my good moments and bad. I'm not upset 100% of the time so I guess that's good. Hopefully after we announce it and let everyone know and after our big scan next week it will all be ok.

I was in your exact situation 3 years ago. Didn't even know that I cared about gender until I found out it was another boy. I tried to immediately go out and buy stuff to get excited, but it wasn't the same AT ALL. The whole buying new things, etc doesn't get better in my opinion. I had to learn that that's just not going to be my experience with having more kids (the way it is with the first where it's all new and exciting). That all being said, I cannot believe how much I love that boy and how much he lights up my life! When I pity myself for not having a girl, I just think how much more valuable this beautiful little soul is to me and the love he shows me than being able to buy a frilly pink dress. Yes, it's hard and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified about what gender this baby I'm carrying is. But, it DOES get better even if the pity doesn't totally go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->