Anyone else learning to drive?

sweetlullaby

Reaction score
:wave:

I remember there used to be a really old thread but was wondering Is anyone else learning to drive?
I've my third lesson on Thursday, I think it's going pretty well I actually drove at 45 (restricted to 45 max as learner and for first year here) in my last lesson (first lesson I think I done 20 the whole way home haha) but really need to realise the car's not as wide as I think when I go out around parked cars etc and of course nerves.
Anyone else?

Im learning too! I do fine on wide roads but i still get nervous when i turn into side roads. Ive done a 3 point turn but not 100% on that yet and im yet to parallel park at all. Ive reversed out of a parking space and if there were cars next to me, its likely i would have hit them..

Ive only driven for about 6 or 7 hours so far. I have a friend and my father in law teaching me. Unfortunately their cars are HUGE so its not as easy as i would like but i will get there.

Good luck for your third lesson. You will do great :D

I have my third lesson on Thursday too! Last I drove was feb so really looking forward to it.
Have you done your theory yet? xx

I'm learning and had about 20 hours :) got my theory next week, don't feel ready :(

Havn't done my theory yet have started revising for it though. My lesson tomorrow is using a hazard routine and meeting other traffic. Done emerging at junctions last week. Im excitedfor tomorrow but nervous at the same time I've no idea how on earth Im going to remember everything like when to change gears, using the clutch, when to apply the handbrake, stopping at the right point at junctions etc I know it will all come eventually but it's still a lot to learn!

I've been learning since November got my test next week eekk!!! I did learn when I was 17 but failed and gave up lol wish I didn't now but it all came back pretty quick my downfall is roundabouts
Those of you studying for theory get the offical app it helps alot

Pretty sure I have been learning to drive for most of my adult life! lmao I am test ready but as usual my instructor doesn't agree, I have been learning with this current instructor since April last year ! bearing in mind I had all ready had two previous teachers and had done around 30 hours previous :( getting a bit fed up tbh, I can drive ! I don't know what more I need to do :( I have a valid theory certificate etc I want to do my test :'( (sorry needed to get that off my chest ahha)

Flip! What does your current instructor say about the test? I've my third lesson today hoping it goes ok! I will download the official theory test app. I borrowed the book from the library and downloaded a few free apps to start out with lol

My lesson didn't go too well today. I just think I was a bit overwhelmed at everything I have to remember and kept forgetting what gear I was in and just was really tense lol next lesson isn't til the 14th and then it's just going to be an hours drive about on quiet roads changing gears etc to build up confidence instead of "learning" something else.

Pretty sure I have been learning to drive for most of my adult life! lmao I am test ready but as usual my instructor doesn't agree, I have been learning with this current instructor since April last year ! bearing in mind I had all ready had two previous teachers and had done around 30 hours previous :( getting a bit fed up tbh, I can drive ! I don't know what more I need to do :( I have a valid theory certificate etc I want to do my test :'( (sorry needed to get that off my chest ahha)

Just tell him your booking your test :thumbup: I booked mine without telling my instructor because she was on holiday for 2 weeks and the wait was already 6 weeks.

My lesson didn't go too well today. I just think I was a bit overwhelmed at everything I have to remember and kept forgetting what gear I was in and just was really tense lol next lesson isn't til the 14th and then it's just going to be an hours drive about on quiet roads changing gears etc to build up confidence instead of "learning" something else.

Is there any way you can have 2 hour lessons? I only did 2 hours and although it was expensive i really think i would have struggled with 1 hour.

It will click soon enough though :thumbup:

Im not sure if I could afford two hour lessons. Last weeks was suppossed to be an hour and half and he said I think we've done enough today and finished up at an hour and we done the hour and a half today :dohh: I forgot it was an hour and a half lol I'll see how next lesson goes and speak to instructor about what he thinks. I get out of the car and wobble down the drive into the house grab a chocolate biccie and sit down :rofl: I think Im very nervous

Just tell him your booking your test :thumbup: I booked mine without telling my instructor because she was on holiday for 2 weeks and the wait was already 6 weeks.

I'm not sure what the procedure is hahaha, Like will he freak ?! i'm worried he will scoff at me like "u will fail" :haha: The only thing I have an issue with is reversing around corners, they are 9/10 always too wide. and last week he said "once we get this corner nailed we will be 3/4 of the way there. which sounds like a good thing but i was just thinking WTF HAVE I GOT LEFT TO DO OMG. I score perfect marks on every thing so i am so confused :(

the wait here is 8 weeks min :/ which is AGES :growlmad: So i feel a bit like I am wasting my time, I am close to giving up again because it is so expensive to get in a car every week to drive around and not feel like i am accomplishing anything! x

You need their car but if you book it during a time you usually have a lesson they cant moan

YES! I took lessons while pregnant. I've been lazy with it lately because I work full time and would rather spend quality time with my LO on the weekends rather than driving around.

I really want to get my license though. I've always lived in big cities with great public transport, but eventually I'd like the option of living in a more rural area.

I didn't really like my lesson today.

First off I'm still a beginner and done two lessons (4 hours) with another instructor over a month ago, today I had a new instructor, new car so everything felt like how it did on the first day! I felt like I had forgotten everything and my confidence wasn't there either plus I only done one hour and most of the lesson was spent chatting :/

Think I'm just gonna concentrate on my theory that I have booked x

:hugs: I think confidence is a big issue especially as we're only starting out but Im hoping sticking at it that confidence will grow and that I'll actually start remembering things from one week to the next :rofl:

I'm not sure what the procedure is hahaha, Like will he freak ?! i'm worried he will scoff at me like "u will fail" :haha: The only thing I have an issue with is reversing around corners, they are 9/10 always too wide. and last week he said "once we get this corner nailed we will be 3/4 of the way there. which sounds like a good thing but i was just thinking WTF HAVE I GOT LEFT TO DO OMG. I score perfect marks on every thing so i am so confused :(

the wait here is 8 weeks min :/ which is AGES :growlmad: So i feel a bit like I am wasting my time, I am close to giving up again because it is so expensive to get in a car every week to drive around and not feel like i am accomplishing anything! x

No just book it you need his car but if its an 8 week wait that's plenty of warning for your instructor.

When I first learned when I was younger I had male instructors and I really didn't get on with them I found them all shovernistic pigs haha. I made sure I got a female this time and I have learnt so much more then I ever did.

My Instructor always tells me always turn the steering wheel one a half times when reversing round corners because if your to wide they will fail you but if you feel your too close its alot easier to correct

I started learning last february,passed my theory in june and took tests in august,sep and oct but failed each time.I get so incredibly nervous I do loads of things wrong and end up messing up!
From october till january I took a break as it was starting to take over my life but I started agin in january and now I have another test booked for next week.
This thursday I had a lesson and it all started to go wrong,after weeks of perfect driving,passing mock tests etc I kept making silly mistakes.I know its nerves for the upcoming test.
I hope to god I pass this time cos everyone is starting to think I must be rubbish but Im really not,its just the day of the test I go crazy with nerves :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->