Anyone else learning to drive?

Im paying £20 an hour or £90 for 5 hours block booking. My instructor raises his voice a bit as well lol I've got the 2012 official theory book (borrowed from the library) and have only downloaded the free apps so far for learning.

Thanks,I havent tried kalms,I was reccomended rescue remedy which I paid £7 or something for but ive taken it before lessons and havent noticed a difference.I start off well but then if one small thing goes wrong I focus on it too much and the rest of my test goes in a downward spiral!

I'm so determined this will be the one,I will let you all know what happens!

Kalms and Rescue Remedy made me feel spaced out! When i was coming up to my test i googled ways of relaxing naturally and read that eating a banana and taking 2 paracetamol worked, So an hour before my test i did it and well i passed with 4 minors. I was a bag of nerves leading up to my test, so it must of done something to help.

Good luck xx

im learning to, this is my 4th attempt without stopping so far. I either get bores of it or can't afford it.

But I've stuck at it this time and have my test in just over 2 weeks! Totally panicking about as it gets closer! X

I must of had 200+ lessons, some when I was 19, now I've started again (I'm 27 now)
I hate driving and my instructer just ticks me off all the time, came home today and just cried :cry:

I must of had 200+ lessons, some when I was 19, now I've started again (I'm 27 now)
I hate driving and my instructer just ticks me off all the time, came home today and just cried :cry:

Could you not change instructor? :flower:

Could you not change instructor? :flower:

He is nice though, I just get frustrated with myself for not being a 'natural' :shrug:

Wasn't sure what you ment by he ticks you off.
Sure you'll get there in the end :hugs:
I've just started really, dread to think how long and how much it's going to be :flower:

This is me today :hugs: I don't know why I mess up and do the stupid things I do! We got about 40 mins into the lesson and he said "wow this is the best lessons we have had in a while, If that had been your test you would have passed" then i spent 20 mins screwing up, at one point I couldn't get the car in 3rd gear :/ I was fighting with the gear box ?! WHY ?! :dohh: Then when I came home I drove past my house :shrug: (it's in a close) and when I realised what I had done I had to reverse back down and instead I just went up the kerb, 5 mins previous to that I stopped at a roundabout that had no one on it and waited to go :wacko: WTF WAS I DOING ?! MY teacher was like. what are you doing ?! .... the driver behind me looked raged and I can't say I blame him, so I came home and had a good cry :cry:

Although I NAILED ! my maneuvers!

I started lessons when I was 17 in 2010, then OH came onto the scene so my lesson money went on travel costs. Started again in Jun/Jul 2011 and did 1 hour a week (sometimes 2), and instructor ended up giving me free lessons. He was positive I was ready for my practical, but I still hadn't done my theory. Failed theory twice so I gave up - passed questions failed hazard perception, then I failed questions and passed hazard perception second time round. Couldn't afford to blow another £31.

I've been paying £18 an hour,having 90 minute lessons for £24.

Test tomorrow.Trying to talk myself into acting confident when really I want to cry.

Hi everyone,just came back to the thread to let you know I finally passed this morning!Im over the moon!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you all know that I passed my theory today :)

xx

Oh and it was first time, I was absolutely scared and was revising almost every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->