Anyone else learning to drive?

I failed for a missed observation. I did an emergency stop while I was on wrong side of road (was supposed to be there cos cars were parked on my side) then before pulling back into my side I didn't look over my left shoulder. Failed me for it :( he said I'm a good driver though and to come back Asap. So next test is in 4 weeks. Closest available

My test is on Tuesday and if I fail, I wont be able to book another one until end of February. It is ridiculous how long you need to wait at the test centre we use.
I failed for a silly mistake last time too, and was gutted because like you, the examiner told me instructor that I was a very good, confident driver.

I failed for a missed observation. I did an emergency stop while I was on wrong side of road (was supposed to be there cos cars were parked on my side) then before pulling back into my side I didn't look over my left shoulder. Failed me for it :( he said I'm a good driver though and to come back Asap. So next test is in 4 weeks. Closest available

My test is on Tuesday and if I fail, I wont be able to book another one until end of February. It is ridiculous how long you need to wait at the test centre we use.
I failed for a silly mistake last time too, and was gutted because like you, the examiner told me instructor that I was a very good, confident driver.
good luck in Tuesday! The waiting time between my 1st and second test was 13 weeks!! So had a long wait then. Now summer is over its gone down to about 6 weeks. Feels like forever though when u just want to drive :/

I passed!

I was so surprised as I made a few mistakes (one very close to the start) and I was sort of downhearted the whole test because I assumed I had failed already. So when he told me that I passed I couldn't believe it!
I did get 9 minors (only got 4 when I failed my first time) but like my instructor said.. "who cares!? I passed!"

I passed!

I was so surprised as I made a few mistakes (one very close to the start) and I was sort of downhearted the whole test because I assumed I had failed already. So when he told me that I passed I couldn't believe it!
I did get 9 minors (only got 4 when I failed my first time) but like my instructor said.. "who cares!? I passed!"

Yay, well done! :happydance: so exciting, do you have a car ready and waiting?

I passed!

Yay, well done! :happydance: so exciting, do you have a car ready and waiting?

Nope! No car and no money to buy one. Haha! Think that will be my 2016 aim. To buy a car!

how many lessons did you have before doing emergency stops?
trying to work out if my instructor is pulling my leg abit and trying get more money off me!! had 25 lessons so far, done two mocks (which he didnt even mention doing until i pushed for him to do them) and still havent practiced emergency stops! on my mocks ive got minors for crossing my hands and doing turn in the road too quickly.. want to book my test but he makes me feel like im no where near ready. :grr:

trying to work out if my instructor is pulling my leg abit and trying get more money off me!! had 25 lessons so far, done two mocks (which he didnt even mention doing until i pushed for him to do them) and still havent practiced emergency stops! on my mocks ive got minors for crossing my hands and doing turn in the road too quickly.. want to book my test but he makes me feel like im no where near ready. :grr:

I didn't have to do an emergency stop until probably two lessons before my test.. Even then, I only ever did two.

I did one quite early on, maybe 5th lesson or something. I also did one the day of my first test (he takes you out for 1.5hrs before your test) but those were the only times. Have you asked to try one?

They don't really like emergency stops cos it's very bad for their car! I only ever did one.

I didn't have to do an emergency stop until probably two lessons before my test.. Even then, I only ever did two.

Same here, a couple lessons before test, I've only ever done 2 with instructor, and got one on my second test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->