Anyone else learning to drive?

I'd say do it in your car :)

That's what everyone has said, seems obvious I should do it in the car I am used to driving and know well. I feel kind of strange about taking my instructor to my test though? Won't it be odd in my car!? He said we can do a lesson before in my car and I think it will be really strange! Also if I fail I have to drive back anyway, which will be horrible :( as normally after a test instructor drives back...

I did my test in my car because there was problems with my instructors car before hand, so it was either my car or cancel.
Don't forget you need the extra mirror (my instructor just stuck his in)
I'm not sure about the driving back thing. My husband was there as he brought my car down so he drove back (I passed but needed to tell the insurance first)
:)

I have checked with my insurance and if I pass there is a buffer period where I am still insured, so I'll have about an hour to get home and change my insurance. My instructor can't drive back as he won't be insured. I dunno, I haven't got long to think about it though :/

Erinsmummy in your situation I would definitely test in your own car :D

I had a lesson today and it went so so well.
BUT, I was hoping for lots of meet situations so I can practice how to deal with them, and there was only one! The narrow roads were damn near clear, so I'm still totally panicking about them. Every driver I know gives them no thought though, so I'm hoping it's just one of those things that makes practice to master (!)
I remember when roundabouts were my biggest concern, I'd take 20 roundabouts over a tiny road any day!

My instructor also told me today that a student of his took her test yesterday.. She got 12 minors, 4 in one category, the examiner had to use the duel controls at one point and she still passed!

I can't use my car now as there's something wrong with it :/ so have no choice to use instructors car now. I have one lesson today, but I've hardly slept as got a lot on my mind, so can't see this going well

Oh my god ladies,I PASSED!!! 5 minors, So much relief :D

Congrats pandacub!!! 5 minors is great well done!! Freedom!! My test is tomorrow morning :/ had a lesson today went well, just got to do my best!!

Fail again... Can't keep doing this :(

Oh no :( what did you fail on? I was exactly the same after each failed test (passed on my 4th!!) it's so anxiety inducing, but you're soo close to the finish line now!

Well done Panda!

Erinsmummy, don't give up hun :hugs:

I have my test (2nd time) on the 24th. I had stopped my lessons and had my first one (since I failed in august) on Sunday. I only failed last time because I didn't stop at a stop sign aaargh! I feel like I can drive fine but I panic on manoeuvres. I have two more lessons (and an hour before my test) so will be focusing on them, especially left reverse around corner, I hate that one!!

Instructor told me that the tests are booked up until February already, so I best bloody pass!!

Well done Panda!

I have my test (2nd time) on the 24th. I had stopped my lessons and had my first one (since I failed in august) on Sunday. I only failed last time because I didn't stop at a stop sign aaargh! I feel like I can drive fine but I panic on manoeuvres. I have two more lessons (and an hour before my test) so will be focusing on them, especially left reverse around corner, I hate that one!!

Instructor told me that the tests are booked up until February already, so I best bloody pass!!

Ooh good luck! I hate reverse around a corner too.. 4 tests and I never got that manoeuvre though!

Well done Panda!

Ooh good luck! I hate reverse around a corner too.. 4 tests and I never got that manoeuvre though!

Lucky you! My first test I got asked to do it like 2 minutes after we left the testing station! I got so nervous and asked to try again (I was quite far out) but he said there was no need. I did get a minor for that though.

Hello everyone :) well I've had my car for 2 full days now (got it on Sunday but not until late.. First drive on my own was at night!) and so far so good!!
Stalled a few times yesterday (once because I tried to pull away in second gear :doh: ) but no one has beeped me yet! Decided to forgo the 'p' plates, I think they would have made me still feel like a learner for some reason?

Can't wait until it feels second nature, but I can already feel a difference after just two days :)

Parking still sucks, I think I've figured the reference points on my car to reverse bay park though.

Good luck to anyone with upcoming tests :)

Hello everyone :) well I've had my car for 2 full days now (got it on Sunday but not until late.. First drive on my own was at night!) and so far so good!!
Stalled a few times yesterday (once because I tried to pull away in second gear :doh: ) but no one has beeped me yet! Decided to forgo the 'p' plates, I think they would have made me still feel like a learner for some reason?

Can't wait until it feels second nature, but I can already feel a difference after just two days :)

Parking still sucks, I think I've figured the reference points on my car to reverse bay park though.

Good luck to anyone with upcoming tests :)

People will beep at you 6 years down the line. F them. Seriously do not pay attention to other drivers. All drivers (myself included) make twaty desicions.

If someone drives to close in the hope youll speed up - dont. Let them overtake. It really doesnt matter. If your doing as the law says then F them.

I failed for a missed observation. I did an emergency stop while I was on wrong side of road (was supposed to be there cos cars were parked on my side) then before pulling back into my side I didn't look over my left shoulder. Failed me for it :( he said I'm a good driver though and to come back Asap. So next test is in 4 weeks. Closest available

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->