Anyone else not sure they want oh at delivery?

Zfbaby

Reaction score
Just wondering what others think of this? I'm of two minds about having dh present at birth. I'm convinced that he will look which is my worst nightmare. I'm so stressed out at the idea that I know I won't be able to focus on the task in hand.
He's promised he won't look but I think when it comes to it he will and I'll really hate him for it.
Am I being stupid or anyone else grossed out by the idea of oh looking?

When it came to it I didn't really care who looked. I certainly want DH to be there as he was great support.

I was a bit like that with my first but my oh was the only person I had around to go with me. He always said he wouldnt look, but when it was all kicking off down there he ended up banished to the corner while my son was delivered by doctor - I wasn't really aware of what was going on I was so knackered.

It wasn't till after that I realised the only chair he had to sit on was in the corner, at leg end of the room and so he saw the whole lot!! A sight he'll never forget I'm sure!! But I was so out of it, it really didnt occur to me to be bothered in the end!!

I say just go with the flow!!

I want my OH there but I definitely don't want him anywhere near the business end, good thing is though he doesn't want to be down there either!

as said above^ i didnt really care who looked tbh i was in soo much pain and out of it on G&A, and my OH was the only person i had with me and tbh he didnt wana look lol xx

I want my OH there but I definitely don't want him anywhere near the business end, good thing is though he doesn't want to be down there either!

My OH is the same. He wants nowhere near it. Ha!

I was worried about it last time, but he said he didn't want to look. He saw the head come out from sort of above, but tbh once I had go to that point I had about 8 people at the end of the bed and didn't care who looked :haha:

I had my husband with me and he was the only person I wanted there, he was a massive support to me I couldn't of done it without him.
He saw the whole thing, didn't bother me, or him I don't think. Sounds cheesy but it's such an amazing experience for the two of you to do together, bringing in the life you made! Everyone is different though and I can understand your feelings. xx

i wouldnt mind if hubby looked but because he was behind me rubbing my back (i was on a stool) he didnt see anything. perhaps you could try that?

I can't imagine not having my husband there. I think that would be stealing such an important experience from him. The first moment that baby is out in the world - how exciting and emotional of a moment I'm sure that will be for him!

Personally I don't care if he looks - he's obviously seen it enough to get a baby in there. I'm more concerned that my mother is going to look! :) She's a registered nurse and has always been a little too curious about my body parts for my liking. Like I remember her wanting to see my boobs when I was 13, just out of some weird curiousity!

To the people who wouldn't want their hubbie to look - if you're worried about him seeing your bits, surely he's seen it all before?

If it's because it'll be all grim and bloody and messy, then IMO if he chooses to look then that's his own funeral! Makes no odds to me ;)

I definitely want my hubby there, but I definitely do not want him to see that. I don't even want to see that. We've each seen it before in other life experiences that we have had separately, and if I could skip over that part of having a baby, I totally would. Where is that stork when I need it?! Haha. I think we're good though because he promised to stay up by my face, and he really doesn't want to see that part of things.

I def want my dh with me.... he can look all he wants but he's already warned me he's goin nowhere near that end :)

I def want hubby to be by my side, but like most of you, I do NOT want him looking as the baby is being birthed. I've heard so many stories from my friends who hubby's changed their outlook towards "THAT AREA" after they saw their baby being birthed. I told my hubby I didn't want him to look, and he ask me why, and I told him, he laughed, I said "It's NOT funny, I don't want you to look while the baby is being birthed" That's just me, I know not all people think that way.

My husband is pretty squeamish gets funny about the word period :haha:

but he is fantastic at my births, he happily looked...though second time round he did say he walked down the business end to see if W's head was out and had to casually walk back up to the head end when i pooped! :haha:

Honestly seeing your baby born is such a privilege to alot of men. Seeing their OH do something as amazing as bringing their child into the world far out weighs any gross factor.

I couldn't imagine telling FOB he wasn't welcome at the birth. It's his child too, and if he wishes to see it - he shouldn't be told anything different.

Me & FOB aren't even together but if he wishes to be there when she is born, he is welcome. That moment shouldn't be taken away from him

Him seeing me give birth hasnt changed how he looks at me sexually though (obviously being on number 3 and all lol).

Im dual purpose, I can give birth to amazing babies and be as hot as hell ;)

Completely understand your modesty/shyness, but it would be cruel to ban your husband from the birth of his baby. He has promised to stay up the head end... Trust him ;)

I can honestly say that im not the slightest bit bothered if my oh wants to have a look! After my dd was born the MW left the door open when I had my legs in stirrups to monitor blood loss, when she went to get me toast and 2 cleaners, a random MW id never seen before and some ladies husband who had got the wrong room all had a lovely look LOL I even offered to start selling tickets! At the time all your bothered about is getting baby out! Id never say to my husband he couldn't be there but each to their own!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->