Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Thanks Emum, appreciate the information it definitely helps put my mind at ease.

It's just frustrating because I felt like that was it at my u/s appt. Dr was already giving me info about the next cycle and said I could take prometrium again if AF doesn't show in 14 days. I was like "hey, I can still ovulate this cycle, right" and she said oh yeah. It's upsetting that they consider it a failed cycle all because the clomid didn't make me ovulate on CD 14. :nope: I really like my dr but I'm starting to wonder why she is giving up so quickly. I know that she had ovulation problems so maybe she is just trying to help but geesh...stressing me out.

I'm hoping that you are still in with a chance honey - from what I have seen on here clomid doesn't make you ovulate on cd14 at all. And surely your follicles could still develop over the next few days.

Hang on in there and keep temping - I think you would still see a shift it if were to happen.

:hugs:

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to BnB and this forum has been helping me out alot. Emotionally, mentally and just giving me more hope. I found out at 8 weeks 6 days by u/s that my baby's heart stopped beating and that my baby was only 7 days 3 days. I had a D&C last friday. This is my 4th miscarrriage and my 2nd one this year. I have PCOS with monthly periods and i'm guessing low levels of progesterone.

I want to try again, how soon can I try?

I thank you all for giving me light in this dark situation. Like I said, i'm new to this and I dont quite understand all the abbreviations. Can someone give me a lesson on them? All the abbreviations that you think are important, thank you in advance

xoxo

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to BnB and this forum has been helping me out alot. Emotionally, mentally and just giving me more hope. I found out at 8 weeks 6 days by u/s that my baby's heart stopped beating and that my baby was only 7 days 3 days. I had a D&C last friday. This is my 4th miscarrriage and my 2nd one this year. I have PCOS with monthly periods and i'm guessing low levels of progesterone.

I want to try again, how soon can I try?

I thank you all for giving me light in this dark situation. Like I said, i'm new to this and I dont quite understand all the abbreviations. Can someone give me a lesson on them? All the abbreviations that you think are important, thank you in advance

xoxo

dpo = days past ovulation af = period "aunt Flow" BFP = big fat positive on a pregnancy test ic's = internet cheapies (pregnancy test strips that are boght cheaply off the internet) BFN = negative preg test :hugs:

Hi girls, I found out today that fish oil (containing DHA as in Pregnacare Plus) is actually brilliant for ovulation. Google 'DHA and ovulation'. I'm now taking Pregnacare Plus instead of the sanatagen prenatals.

Hello, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I had a mmc 2 weeks ago (first pregnancy at 10 week when I had the scan) followed by ERPC last week. I have been posting on the loss thread but want to start thinking about ttc so I have been lurking on this and the over 35 thread getting advice and positive thoughts from you ladies!

I know its still early days but I feel if I have been going baby mad since the loss. I have started myself and the OH on coenzq10 and have bought ov sticks (this bit he doesn't know about yet!).

Wishing us all luck for the future!

Welcome pinksmarties. I'm over 35 too, though not on the over 35 board yet. 42 for the next two weeks only (gulp!)

Welcome pinksmarties. I'm over 35 too, though not on the over 35 board yet. 42 for the next two weeks only (gulp!)

Hi Emum, sometimes I wish time would slow down a bit!! I will be 38 in Jan. I haven't posted in the 35 board, maybe I am in denial :winkwink:

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Struth, I have had no follow up advice or appointments made for me following my D&C whatsoever. I feel really let down. I went to my GP as I was bleeding first thing in the morning, he reassured me everything was probably ok (it wasn't) and booked me a scan, but could not get me in till the following day. I went along, had the scan and was told there was no heartbeat. Then I was offered the options of tablets to assist the miscarriage or a natural miscarriage. I asked for a D&C instead and was given no further support or advice, but sent home and received a phone call later telling me to go in the following day for my D&C. I went in, was asked if I knew what was about to happen (I did but only because I had googled it) then they performed the surgery. I was then only seen to have blood pressure taken and was sent home once I had been for a wee. No advice, no follow up appointments, no tests, nothing. My best friend told me to avoid sex for a while as it can cause infection, so it was again googling for information as to what I have just been through and what to expect that I found this forum. I think I need to visit my gp for some advice.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Struth, I have had no follow up advice or appointments made for me following my D&C whatsoever. I feel really let down. I went to my GP as I was bleeding first thing in the morning, he reassured me everything was probably ok (it wasn't) and booked me a scan, but could not get me in till the following day. I went along, had the scan and was told there was no heartbeat. Then I was offered the options of tablets to assist the miscarriage or a natural miscarriage. I asked for a D&C instead and was given no further support or advice, but sent home and received a phone call later telling me to go in the following day for my D&C. I went in, was asked if I knew what was about to happen (I did but only because I had googled it) then they performed the surgery. I was then only seen to have blood pressure taken and was sent home once I had been for a wee. No advice, no follow up appointments, no tests, nothing. My best friend told me to avoid sex for a while as it can cause infection, so it was again googling for information as to what I have just been through and what to expect that I found this forum. I think I need to visit my gp for some advice.

Not good - it seems like everyone assumed that everyone else had spoken with you. My experience was a bit better but not great - I had a mmc and had the medical management with the tablets. Once it was all done they just told me to not have sex, have a bath, swim until the bleeding had stopped and to do a test in two weeks and if it was still positive to see my GP. Not much better, eh?

I got pregnant straight away again but knew something wasn't right. My dr was worse than useless but I pushed for repeat hcg tests. When it was clear that my hcg wasn't rising the dr (a different one as I didn't want to be under the first one again) began to wonder whether I had been pregnant again or whether it was left over hcg from my mmc. I know it was a new pregnancy as I tested with tests down to a negative and I also temp so could track my ovulation. Anyway, the only reason I have had my bloods monitored to zero this time is because she is not sure! The funny thing is that I have never even met this dr - she keeps looking at my test results and then getting the receptionist to call me to book me in for my next test! Its a strange situation! My last test (last Thursday) my hcg was 8 and I have one more test on Tuesday when I hope it will be under 5. I might then see if I can go and see this dr to talk to her about the way forward.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying that my experience hasn't been much better! I think as long as you refrain from sex, baths, swimming etc until you stop bleeding then you will be okay. I would also recommend that you try a test now and again to see whether they are negative yet. That way you know where you are as it might take some time for your cycle to get back to normal. :hugs:

We're all here if you want to ask any questions... :hugs:

Oh - just remembered - I was offered counselling by the EPAU so if you feel it might help it might be worth asking them about it. Everyone is different and they are there to help x

Oh - just remembered - I was offered counselling by the EPAU so if you feel it might help it might be worth asking them about it. Everyone is different and they are there to help x

Thank you so much for the advice. I shall do a test in the morning and see where I am. I am lucky enough to have a regular cycle so hope to be back on track soon, then back to the familiar routine of calendar checking and that hellish two week wait!

Oh and hi VanessaBee. Sorry to hear of your loss too, and you and I can learn the abbreviations together.

Hi MrsM, sorry to hear about your treatment. I had a mmc 2 weeks ago (I was 10 weeks) and had ERPC. Like you I wasn't given that much post op advice except pads, no swimming until bleeding had stopped (max 2 weeks) and to try again in 1 months time after 1st AF. I wasn't offered counselling at the EPU where I had my scans. Despite all this I thought I had wonderful care.

One thing I want to ask the UK ladies is how you all get your HCG levels checked. On a lot of the threads (losses and ttc) people talk of getting their hcg checked regularly even daily. I have never had my bloods done once except pre-op (no hcg level done then either). As this is my first mc is this normal? If I become pg again (soon I hope!) can I insist levels are checked?

Hi Pink Smarties. That is something I have been wondering too. Nobody has ever checked mine, or even mentioned it after either of my miscarriages.

I am checking hcg with home preg tests and still seeing two lines, albeit very faint now but it has only been just over a week. I only did this after reading that others were doing post mc home preg tests to check that things had gone back to 0. I could check my own bloods as I am a nurse but not sure how much trouble I might get into for that!!

Hi Everyone,

Not posted in a few days as my af didnt arrive on Sunday and my temps were looking good and I was nervous. I was also away from Mon till last night so didnt want to test till I was back with oh today, its also my birthday today so I got a really amazing birthday present, I got a bfp :) am really nervous as want it to be ok so much but going to try not to worry to much

Hi Everyone,

Not posted in a few days as my af didnt arrive on Sunday and my temps were looking good and I was nervous. I was also away from Mon till last night so didnt want to test till I was back with oh today, its also my birthday today so I got a really amazing birthday present, I got a bfp :) am really nervous as want it to be ok so much but going to try not to worry to much

:happydance:
CONGRATULATIONS HUN. WISHING YOU A HAPOY AND HEALTHY NINE MONTHS.:happydance:

Congratulations C814. What a great birthday present.

Still BFN and no AF here this morning.

FAB scan pics!!! Congratulations!!!!

Well just to offer my tuppence worth, I work in a GP surgery and after my m/c 2 weeks ago I popped into to see one of the GPs I work with and she is the gynae GP to ask her few questions. She reassured me that there is no medical reason at all for being told to wait to start TTC again after a m/c other than to date the pregnancy. She said its down to each individual and more emotional recovery rather than physical so if you feel you are ready to try again then go for it. She also reassured me that there is no increased change of m/c in the next pregnancy and if it were to happen again would be sheer bad luck.

I was going to wait one cycle then start TTC again but since my cycles are a it messed up from stopping the pill I could be waiting for ages! We are no going for it with all our might, OH is very enthusiastic and if I say no I'm too tired (like last night lol) he now argues we could be missing a vital opportunity! LOL. needless to say we are :sex: loads and also have oodles of fun!

Sorry for your loss but hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->