Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

I have found that with my OH if I tell him when I am ovulating he gets a bit defensive and it is more difficult to get a BD out of him. I think he doesn't like to feel as if he is just wanted for his baby batter (as he calls it!). So I don't tell him anymore - I just quietly pee on sticks and make sure that we BD when the time is right. He must cotton on but because neither of us mentions it, it isn't an issue any more. I will then let him know after ovulation that it happened a few days ago. I guess on one level he knows but it isn't as salient as we don't talk about it.

Does that makes sense?

LMAO Struth! My DH calls it baby batter too.

I've been doing what you do so far, but after 4 years, I'm just tired of having to have to take all the responsibility for TTC. I hate feeling like I'm tricking him into getting me pregnant.

Yeah - it is odd isn't it? If it were up to men, the species would just die out...!

So my thermometer arrived this morning and I am going to start temping tomorrow (CD2 but can't be helped) for the first time in about 9 years of ttc! I've created an account with fertility friend and bought a thermometer to 2 decimal points. Is there anything else I need to get prepared, or any tips anyone wants to share.

Haven't discussed this with OH. Hope he doesn't find it too off-putting though.

Men are awkward! After 3 mc's and therefore 'tries' my husband has finally learnt that there is one egg, once a month for about 24 hours and nothing more until the next month & fresh :spermy: needs to meet it before the egg turns into a hagged old woman. It has taken 3 'tries' for this to sink in. :haha: Before this my hubby thought 'ovulation' was a rare type of exotic fruit from Waitrose. I am not joking.

Men are awkward! After 3 mc's and therefore 'tries' my husband has finally learnt that there is one egg, once a month for about 24 hours and nothing more until the next month & fresh :spermy: needs to meet it before the egg turns into a hagged old woman. It has taken 3 'tries' for this to sink in. :haha: Before this my hubby thought 'ovulation' was a rare type of exotic fruit from Waitrose. I am not joking.

:rofl:

So funny.... even funnier if it weren't true!

So my thermometer arrived this morning and I am going to start temping tomorrow (CD2 but can't be helped) for the first time in about 9 years of ttc! I've created an account with fertility friend and bought a thermometer to 2 decimal points. Is there anything else I need to get prepared, or any tips anyone wants to share.

sounds like you are on prepared lady! I guess i would just say to set a time that is realistic - one that you can do in the week and at weekends. It is a bit of a pain temping at weekends but you will soon get used to it.

Any questions, ask away...! FF looks more scary that it is - you'll soon get the hang of it.

I got a NOT PREGNANT on my ic's and Clearblue digi to confirm today!!!! Back in the game again :dust: :dust: I am going to OPK like a mad woman now! x x

emum - once I have tied my DH up on ovulation day I am going to use Preeseed (instead of something called conceive Plus) and softcups. Have you heard of softcups?

C814- Belated CONGRATULATIONS hun!!! Wishing you a h&h 9 months!!When are you due?

Struth- YAYAYYAYAYyyy for ovulation! Hope you caught that eggy..on to the tww and try not to think too much about 8dpo spotting.

MrsMM- Only 2 days to testing!YAYAY! So happy your chart is looking great! Everything's xed for you!

Filipenko- you really do crack me up girl!!!!Your dh sound amazing! Mine (after 4 bfp) still hasnt understood we only ov once a month and it's only around for a day!!

Ickle- I do the same as struth, not tell him anything and just try to turn him on when the time's right. I m sure he knows what's going on cause it's like every night for about a week or so but he doesnt complain!

AFM- i ve been freaking out a lot these days as it's the days bleeding always starts (6w4d 1st mmc, 6w5d (like today) 2nd mc) so i m just completely immobilized in my bed. Had dh take off work to take care of the lo and been checking my knickers every 5 minutes! It doesnt make it better that nausea and cramps have gone away but i m happy to read about other people's ms! Monday cant come faster!Keep you fxed for us!

I have conceive plus. Is pre seed better then? I don't usually have a problem with producing my own CM to be honest.

I have a moon cup. Are soft cups the same thing but a different brand or are they different? I assume the idea is that you stick one in after dtd? How long for? Can I use my moon cup for this, or do I need something different?

I don't either but use it anyway! I don't know which one is better so I got both and going to try Preseed this month. Moon cups are probably similar! where did you get the moon cups from? Softcups might be the USA version

I think I got mine in Boots. Or perhaps the little independent health store beside my local Boots. I'm fairly sure they have them on amazon too though. They aren't hard to find.

I got a NOT PREGNANT on my ic's and Clearblue digi to confirm today!!!! Back in the game again :dust: :dust: I am going to OPK like a mad woman now! x x

:happydance: That is great news filipenko! It feels good doesn't it? By the time I got mine, I was so ready to TTC again. What cd are you today? My ovulation came within about a week of the negative tests both time. I hope yours is soon x

AFM- i ve been freaking out a lot these days as it's the days bleeding always starts (6w4d 1st mmc, 6w5d (like today) 2nd mc) so i m just completely immobilized in my bed. Had dh take off work to take care of the lo and been checking my knickers every 5 minutes! It doesnt make it better that nausea and cramps have gone away but i m happy to read about other people's ms! Monday cant come faster!Keep you fxed for us!

Oh honey - I completely understand your concerns :hugs: Keep positive - you WILL get through the next few days and on monday you will be looking at a fab scan. I'm sure of it. And don't worry about the lack of nausea - that is completely normal. Look at firsttimer (who started this thread) she hasn't had any at all and she is now 20 weeks!

I have everything crossed for you (well - seeing as I'm ovulating there are some things that I can't cross for you but I'll cross everything else). Roll on Monday...

My biggest tip would be to do the fertility friend charting course - it tells you everything you need to know. Don't worry about starting on CD2. I usually stop temping during AF just to give myself a wee break so you'll be fine. I keep my therm on my bedside table next to my alarm clock so I don't have to move too much to grab it. Oh one last tip - any questions and just ask us :) Good luck!

Lmao! I'm glad he found out now rather than going into Waitrose to buy one!

I think I'm just going to leave things with DH and not mention it again until after O. I don't want to keep banging on about it, but hopefully somethings sunk in. If not I'm going to make him do the FF charting course lol!

BASTE, I'm so scared to test until I miss AF... After that, I think I will have more nerve to test...

STRUTH, yay for pos OPKs!! BD timing looks FAB as well! FXD! :dust:

DEBZIE, I hope AF stays far way... FXD! I agree with your statement, I don't get men either, literally :haha:

EMUM, sorry that AF flew in, I really hope that your next cycle will be the one. Advice I have is same as ICKLE and STRUTH as far as FF and temping. I would also say to get familiar with CM monitoring. GL, we are definitely here for questions!

ICKLE, I hope that DH comes around to the SMEP, I hear alot of success stories, and if I could pull it off this cycle, I know you can.... LOL at in vinegar :haha: DEBZIE option is definitely something to talk about, I know a few women on BNB that do that, especially during SMEP.

FILIPENKO, YAY! for the neg test (the only time I will cheer this) I am an advocate of the soft cups, I think the moon cups are similar although I have never seen them, just heard here on BNB.

Thanks CHISTINA, I hope I am reporting good news soon! Iknow you and little baby will do well.... GL Monday! :dust:

SS 10DPO: I was using the bathroom every 30 mins! Gassy. Slight diarrhea midday. Bloat-y. Feeling "full" without eating and after eating for sure. Crampy.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temps staying up, actually continuing to climb slightly. Testing in TWO days! I'm nervous :wacko: Missing a reguar symptom of AF or BFP, sore bbs! Like clockwork I ALWAYS get them either way. DW did comment however that they seem very large (happens during AF as well) so I guess I can count that as a symptom... Any good plans for the weekend lovely ladies? I may not be on BNB till Sunday as tomorrow is DD's party, but I promise not to keep you in suspense IF I test (could back out)... Creeping to the start of the end of waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

:happydance: That is great news filipenko! It feels good doesn't it? By the time I got mine, I was so ready to TTC again. What cd are you today? My ovulation came within about a week of the negative tests both time. I hope yours is soon x

Oh honey - I completely understand your concerns :hugs: Keep positive - you WILL get through the next few days and on monday you will be looking at a fab scan. I'm sure of it. And don't worry about the lack of nausea - that is completely normal. Look at firsttimer (who started this thread) she hasn't had any at all and she is now 20 weeks!

I have everything crossed for you (well - seeing as I'm ovulating there are some things that I can't cross for you but I'll cross everything else). Roll on Monday...

:flower:Struth - it feels really good! I feel normal again. I have never actually detected my ovulation before 1st af after mc but I live in hope x x

:flower:Chistiana - so sorry you're going through this it's the hardest time,. I think all of us mc sufferers have our 'cut off points' for when we know something is going wrong. Mine is losing symptoms. I really hope you're ok. You know you have a 75% of everything being ok this time, don't you. Read my post about it on the PAL forum, I posted a study there. I'm glad your OH is looking after you. Oh and my sister and mum had no ms with all their pregnancies and no problems. Just keep thinking of that 75% x x

MrsMM :test: :test: asap and tell us the minute you know!! Really excited for you!! :dust: x x

How long do you think I will ovulate after my erpc? I had it last Thursday. I want to try again straight away even though they say to wait a month. I don't tend to use the ovulation testing kits and things as I seem to fall pregnant after 3or 4 months of trying each time, it's just keeping hold of them I seem to struggle with. I really want to get pregnant again quickly as age isn't on my side and I don't want a big gap between my children. And also after 2 mc I feel sure I may have another which will hold things up even longer. Good luck to everyone else on here ttc, I am reading your posts and feel like I am starting to get to know you. It's such a huge forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->