Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Oh that's great!! Problem solved! It would be a great shame to waste a cycle and probably not good for you psychologically either. I'm sure your OH will be very pleased to see you too!
After my 2nd mc my hubby went to Vegas for 4 days with his friends for a stag do and if I was ovulating (according to when my 1st af would come, then I was going to follow him out there but stay in a separate hotel for him to visit me! OTT but true. As it happened i ov-d a week later when he got back and did end up getting pregnant but obviously wasn't to be. The things we will do. I have just finished preparing another yam so it's ready for next week's lunches. Thought about blending it and just downing it in shots but no. I must eat it normally. Think I will add a lot more butter and salt to disguise the taste that I'm beginning to hate now. Some people might say I am trying too hard but it will all be worth it in the end! :smug:

Thanks fillipenko I will do anything I think at the moment. It took me 4 cycles following the first mmc to fall pregnant again so I was really hoping last cycle (my 4th again) would be the one. My first mmc was a fraternal twin pregnancy and there are twins id both sides of my parents families...OHs mother is a twin but I know he has nothing to do with it. I loved the thought of having twins now since the mmc thats all I associate it with...is loosing them. So whats with the yams anyway?

And mrs miggens there are certain foods that make your cm more favourable to male or female sperm. the having sex closer to ov for boys and further away from ov for girls has been disputed apparently but there is loads of info out there. x

Oh... I'll do some reading. Are yams the same as sweet potato? That's all we can get in this backwater I live in. I'm sitting here sniggering at the idea of doing shots of yams, to the consternation of my o.h. Gawd, if he only knew :-D

Oh... I'll do some reading. Are yams the same as sweet potato? That's all we can get in this backwater I live in. I'm sitting here sniggering at the idea of doing shots of yams, to the consternation of my o.h. Gawd, if he only knew :-D

No. They are often confused but they are completely different vegetables with different constituents. I have no idea where to get yams in the UK either but filipenko is from this side of the pond too I think so can maybe shed some light.

Debzie - sorry about the witch but glad to see you are sorted with your ov days.

Interesting to read about the yams, I take it they increase the chance of twins?

Hope everyone had a good weekend with the extra hour in bed!!

I know it is still too early for me to check ov and never doing previously I am unsure of when I would normally ov. I am a bit concerned as when I had my scans they noticed a 3cm cyst on my right ovary. This won't affect me ovulating will it? I have to go back end of November for a check. I have been quite sore today on that right side, do they take a while to go?

Sorry I wish I knew. I don't think it affects you ovulating as a friend of mine is now 31 weeks pregnant and when she first found out she was pregnant discovered a massive cyst on one of her ovaries. They did nothing with it and it's done no harm but it must surely have already been there when she got pregnant.

So sorry the witch came DEBZIE! Your next cycle will be the one Hun, it will! :dust:

EMUM, I am glad that the witch wasn't so rough on you and has moved on...

Hi Ladies, hope all is well! :wave: :flower:

SS 12DPO: Cramp-y. Gassy. Less Bloat-y. Feeling "wet" below te belt.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! BFN! So I probably won't be testing again till Wednesday, tooooo nervous!! Temps staying up, but are decreasing, which is keeping me nervous. My chart was possible Triphastic FF (Day 26) indicated until today's temp. Still missing a regular symptom of AF or BFP, sore bbs! Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I will jump right on here and update after I test soon.... Still creeping to the end of waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

GL mrsMM! AFM I'm holidaying in NZ :cloud9: no hpts or OPKs with me.. no period.. hmmm..
CD45

Hello everyone. Hope everyone's good. We need a few more BFP's from this thread though!!

AFM - I think O is on its way because I'm very aware of my ovaries. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later. I've been having some AF like cramps too which is a bit strange. Not sure what that it. Maybe just my lining building up or something.

Morning ladies,

:flow: debzie, so sorry you lost twins, it must be hurtful reminder-wise, to read my posts :hugs: so I will keep stum after this post as there is no need to go on about my wish for twins. I do know you're at higher risk of losing multiples though so maybe i should rethink... Not fair.

:flow: Emum you're right about the sweet potatoes. Yams are supposed to contain chemicals which boost ov and therefore chance of twins. I got them posted off an African foods website after ordering online and they came straight away :mail: It did cost me £20 though!

:flow: MrsMM lack of sore bbs is a bit suspicious to me (in reverse if you see what I mean) Roll on Wednesday :test: :dust: :dust:

:flow: Ickle sounds like o IS on the way and you have 'mittlesmerz' or whatever that word is in german for ovulation pain meaning 'middle pain' :dust: :dust:

:flow: Mrs Migg i'm thinking i'd rather inject it than eat anymore!!

:hi: Lola, hope you're having a relaxing holiday! Sounds like bliss to me :af:

It's not quite mittleschmertz yet but with having PCOS I get a lot of pressure in my ovaries when the follicles are developing. It's a good sign really I suppose lol!

I was just messing about with FF and realised that in the cycle list I still had the first cycle after the m/c selected when everything was all over the place. I took it out and it's shortened my forecasted fertile time from 9 days to 5 days :) Going to try to BD everyday until the end of the week. I'm so excited that I have a narrower fertile window!!

Morning Filipenko, morning all. This site is officially my favourite thing on the net at the moment as I kind of thought I was the only one going through this and feeling this way, when all my friends seem to be falling pregnant at the drop of a hat and carrying babies to term. As you have all been through similar recently there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask if you don't mind. If it was your second loss, how differently did you feel to the first time? Because I seem to have come through this one easier than the first, even though it didn't really sink in for a while. Now I know there is no right and wrong way to feel and we are all different but I am just curious to know if anyone felt similar. And also did you have any signs in the pregnancy that things weren't right? Both my losses were different, with the first all my symptoms disappeared a week or so beforehand which was my first clue, before the bleeding started. Second time, symptoms like sickness remained string but a couple of strange things from the off made me suspicious, I never had sore boobs at all and all the way through the pregnancy my hair came out in clumps when I washed it, when it usually stays put while you are pregnant. Sorry if this isn't the right place to be asking these questions, I'm just questioning so much at the moment.

Mrs Miggins, this was my second loss but I had 3 live births in between. As a result, emotionally it was much easier this time round. My first loss of my first pregnancy destroyed me and I was barely able to function for about a year afterwards.

The first one was a MMC and I sort of knew all the way through that things weren't quite right even though I'd never been pregnant before. It wasn't picked up until I had an antenatal appointment at 17 weeks and the doctor couldn't hear a heartbeat with a doppler. I then had my first scan of the pregnancy which confirmed the pregnancy had been lost a long time previously. I had no bleeding to warn me.

This time round, I didnt have any clue things were going wrong. I had strong pregnancy symptoms from before I got my BFP right up until about 2 and a half weeks after my miscarriage had been confirmed and bleeding had stopped, including sore boobs and morning sickness. I also got a little bump when I was about 5 weeks pregnant, which disappeared completely 2 days after the bleeding started on the day I went for my scan to confirm I had miscarried.

Morning Filipenko, morning all. This site is If it was your second loss, how differently did you feel to the first time? Because I seem to have come through this one easier than the first, even though it didn't really sink in for a while. Now I know there is no right and wrong way to feel and we are all different but I am just curious to know if anyone felt similar. And also did you have any signs in the pregnancy that things weren't right? Both my losses were different, with the first all my symptoms disappeared a week or so beforehand which was my first clue, before the bleeding started. Second time, symptoms like sickness remained string but a couple of strange things from the off made me suspicious, I never had sore boobs at all and all the way through the pregnancy my hair came out in clumps when I washed it, when it usually stays put while you are pregnant. Sorry if this isn't the right place to be asking these questions, I'm just questioning so much at the moment.

This was my third loss and the main difference was that I did not become attached to it. I actually gave it the nickname 'Ro' meaning 'write/right off' meaning it could go either way. Also I am more practical about everything. It's extremely hard emotionally but I think that if I cry everyday that's not going to do my hormones any good and i looked at the erpc as getting rid of the squatter so that room could be made for the next one in my '5* hotel'! I suspect my pregnancies were random bad luck, abnormal and so good that my body rejected them. This is how I cope but I fully appreciate that most women see their losses as their babies and that's how I WAS for 1 and 2 - totally grief stricken. I suppose I have become more 'biologically minded' and hardened to it. For example, I look at all the reproductive problems in life in general. Eg different breeds of male (!) seahorses give live birth to mini seahorses ranging from 30 - 500 in number depending on the breed and this is marvellous to watch. BUT only 5% of those will survive to adulthood. There are loads of 'stories' like this in life where survival & reproduction is fragile. I think human repro is very fragile & unpredictable. I look at women who have no problems like my sister and mum and just think that they were very lucky.

Signs not right:

dry-retching coming and going, 'hangover' feelings come and go, mild af type pains suddenly stop when they are ongoing to 5.5 weeks, hcg stops doubling, 1 week behind dates crl-wise on scan, heartbeats slow, get high, then stop. Sore bbs for the 2nd not for the 3rd but both got to similar crl's (??) Not noticed hair probs.

Will have chromosome results of the fetus in a few weeks so will know if it was normal or not and if something is wrong with my body or not. I will find it VERY hard to deal with if the results come back normal so I am losing normal babies because of something wrong with my body. Even tho i'm prepared for this i doubt it's the case as all my extensive testing has come back normal.

My hubby only has 3% normal sperm which docs say is ok as his sperm count is so high and makes up for it. But i think that there's got to be some random bad luck there with all that abnormal :spermy: !

Having said all this my emotions do take over my mind and I regularly suffer from panic attacks, flashbacks, nightmares, and lots of other social day to day functioning problems because of these mc's and I have NEVER suffered from any kind of depression before in my life. My work history is sick day free and now I am on long term sick leave. My hubby is very supportive and like a rock. I have no children and that makes it very hard too, one reason being is that I have no proof it can be done.

Hope that's helpful but that's just me summarised, everyone's different as you say. :flower:

Morning girlies! I've been trying to have a bit of a catch up on the posts. Hope you are all doing well?
Well I was doing some some the other day and if my sums are right then hopefull I would have been OVing over the weekend. My m/c at the start of Oct resulting me having discharge etc on the 10th October, I was approx 5-6 weeks so could have been when i was due on so on couting on a 35 day cycle ov was this weekend. We have see :sex: most days anyway to make sure I am "topped up" as OH lieks to say. I have also been sneakily using OPK which have shown postive since Friday and still showing postive this morning. Can this be possible or can my hormones etc still be out of whack following m/c?

Lol @ topped up Shadow. Men come away with the funniest sayings :)

Have you had a negative HPT yet? You probably did say and I've forgotten.

emum - glad that you didn't have a really bad AF this cycle.

debzie - sorry that the :witch: came. Boo hiss!

MrsMM - I'm stalking!! :haha: I hope that you get a BFP today or tomorrow. :dust:

Lola - Enjoy NZ and some relaxation \\:D/

Amanda - get to it chica :sex: :sex: Catch that eggie!!

MrsMiggins - this website is great, isn't it? :winkwink:

Shadow - HAHA Sounds like a busy weekend. :haha: I second Amanda's question. Have you had a neg hpt yet?

AFM - well still waiting to see if I have Oed yet or not. I hate waiting.:sulk: I've got tons of good symptoms so FXD.

:twisted: Happy Halloween! :evil:

Shadow, good luck! Let's hope you have been topped up to the max! And wow, emum and Filipenko, thank you for opening up like that. I know I am so lucky to have my girl, and I know for a fact that I would have coped really differently with my two losses if I hadn't had her. I really, really hope you get your baby very soon. Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->