Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Filipenko - yeah really easy. You can't start it until CD1 then you set it up (tells you exactly what to do in the booklet). The first cycle it'll ask for a stick on CD6 you pee on it, put the lid on the end you pee on, turn on the machine, insert the stick and 5 mins later it'll tell you to remove it and then gives you your reading.

The reading is either a low, high or peak fertility. I get quite a few highs because I have PCOS and have higher than normal levels of LH but it also tests for estradiol which is when it gives you the peak.

You usually get a peak followed by another peak (which seems to be the day I ov) then a high, just to make sure you BD and then you'll get lows. Depending on the length of your cycle, it'll ask for either 10 or 20 sticks, so if you have a shorter cycle than me, you'll get two cycles out of a box. I know a few women who after the first peak, just reuse old sticks or don't switch their machine on. This is only my 3rd cycle using it and I think the first two it's learning your cycle so I used new sticks.

I am a bit anal though and after I've got my reading I write on the cycle day and L/H/P on to the stick. I don't really know why but sometimes I line them all up so I can see the difference on the lines lol! I've kept all the old sticks too for some unknown reason but I think I should really start to just throw them out after AF arrives.

Lola - that's crap timing. Make sure you BD lots before he goes away so that you're covered if you ov earlier than normal.

I apologise to all my spelling was atrocious I was using my phone to log in and wasn't that great a sucess especially sitting in the car on the way to work - don't worry I wasn't driving at the time LOL!!

MrsMiggins, Hope your day wsn't too bad I am glad you have your pampering to look forward. I think I should make more of an effort and book mysel in for a facial have more chill out time. Good early wake up call for the OH :winkwink: not something I normally do as I can barely lift my head off the pillow in the morning never mind BD. I think my OH would have heart attack

Ickle pand -Yay for the peak. Keep up the BDing. This CBFM is looking quite good the more I see you girls talking about it. I think I'll hold off a couple of months but might invest if no BFP soon.

Better go, I'm at work. I manged to log on this afternoon for some reason.

Filipenko - They are on amazon for £64. I am seriously tempted now but will definitely hold off....maybe.....:winkwink:

Lola, bummer for the bad timing, no chance of him getting home?

ooh I am glad i didn't buy one yet, £64 is good! Thanks! I'm maybe definitely buying one...perhaps! x

Filipenko - They are on amazon for £64. I am seriously tempted now but will definitely hold off....maybe.....:winkwink:

Lola, bummer for the bad timing, no chance of him getting home?

There are a couple on auction on ebay ending tomorrow morning at around £30 at the moment (one has no bids so far) and some BINs also on ebay for £50 including postage. Enjoy!

Pink smarties, i know what you mean, I use my phone to come on here almost all the time and is is a pain in the bum. And that's why my posts are always boring and lacking smilies etc! I got through today ok thanks ladies, dd enjoyed playgroup, there were only a few tears and none of them from her, and I kept smiling the rest of the day. Looking forward to my hairdo and pedi tomorrow. It's a bit of a busmans holiday as I am going to the salon where I work, but at least it's free!

Thanks emum! That's one each then pinksmarties! What are BINS?

Thanks emum! That's one each then pinksmarties! What are BINS?

Yay! I didn't fancy a bidding war!! Thanks emum.

BINS are 'buy it now' rather than auction. I am tempted but not sure how the OH may react. It is one thing ttc on our own but he might find the whole monitor thing a bit much so soon (he hasn't seen my ov sticks!).

Ebay is definitely the place to go :)

How long have you been TTC pinksmarties?

I got it! I got the buy it now for £50 and 20 sticks for £15. I asked my hubby as I don't personally have an ebay account. But i was very very clever because I asked him while he was:
a. being handed a beer and
b. eating his fave ice-cream
c. watching the football and...
d. playing his football game on the computer

And the conversation went like this:
During a: "Can I have an early Christmas present so that..."
"Hmmm what...?" [said during b.]
[goal during c]
"...WE can have an early christmas present? I need to get into your ebay to buy it.."
[something good happened during d]
"Ok, just don't spend too much"
"What's your password?"

SUCCESS!! :happydance: Now i just have to wait for the postie :mail:

I am very pleased with myself :smug: and so will dh be when he finds out what a bargain i have got, thanks emum!!

Good luck getting yours pinksmarties

Out of interest, does anyone who had an erpc around the time I did know if they have OV'd yet? It was on the 20th Oct. I'm still waiting for my opk's.

Well done filipenko!! Way to go!:happydance:

We haven't been trying for very long, probably more like him not trying and me definitely not preventing. It has been something I have wanted for a long time but he has taken a bit longer to get there as he didn't have a good childhood. After discovering we were pregnant he had really become used to the idea of being a dad and was so excited to go to the first scan. As you know it wasn't to be. Although he is keen to try again more pro-actively this time I think all this 'extra' stuff might freak him out a bit just now. I bought BBT and chart on amazon using another account so I'll hold off on teh CBFM for now.

He's going to enjoy his eBay recomendations in the future

:haha: I hadn't thought of that!!

I'd be interested too as my erpc was 18th. Seemed to have lots of cm today, might have been ewcm but still has slight yellowish tinge so not sure. Having lots of pain right side but I think that's my cyst. I haven't checked today but still had +ve hpt on Monday.

That's funny! I have my CBFM on prominent display on the bedside table, and OH knows that I use it. But I temp secretly before he wakes up in case that freaks him out! Mind you, I've only been doing it for 5 days, so he may well notice at some point in the not too distant future.

Mine was on the 13th Oct but I started bleeding the day before. I've only had negative opk's so far but I know my estrogen's rising due to the red light on my persona fertility monitor and ewcm. I 'm hoping this will lead to ov. I'm 21 days past erpc now and have got af in the past at about 36 days past mc. So I am hoping that ov is going to be somewhere around 22/23 days past as this gives my usual luteal phase of 13 days ish. Sometimes there's no ovulation before 1st af but i'm just hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->