Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi Shadow, I have answered your questions in your writing but it's only my opinion! Hope you are pregnant! :flower:

Okay girls I really need some help! I dunno what is going on!

Here the story, at the start of Oct I had my BFP (4th Oct) we were tickled pink as had been TTC. Sadly on 10th Oct I started to bleed and a m/c was confirmed on 13 Oct. We were gutted but I did a HPT on 17th Oct which showed the HCG levels had really dropped and the line was barely there on the HPT compared to the blaring positive previous HPT before the bleeding. My and OH accepted the m/c had occutred decided to start TTC asap when bleeding stopped so been have daily :sex: since 18th Oct.

I worked out that if I went back to my regular 35 day cycle after m/c I would be due to ovulate around 28th Oct. I (sneakily) started doing to OPK on 27th Oct which were showing positive (yay!), anyhoo, I continued over the weekend to (sneakily) use OPK and did them at various times through the day while we BD to the MAX! I did a OPK yesterday morning (01.11.11) which to me looked like the ovulation was starting to end, which would make sense after 3-4 days, however, I did another one yesterday afternoon (01.11.11) at 4:30pm which showed positive still! WTF?? Out of curiosity I did a HPT using the same urine sample as the 4:30 OPK and it showed a very faint line? I am so so confused??!

Lots of questions!
Can you ovulate for 5 days? NO WAY, CAN'T BE SURELY??
Could the OPK be showing positive when pregnant? YES THIS IS A DEF YES!
Could the OPK be wrong? DOUBT IT VERY MUCH
Could the HPK be showing positive because of ovulation? NO WAY
Or am I going insane??!? NO! BUT I WOULD BE!! YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :dust:

I am so confused! I have attached pics for opinions?

I have crossed posted too in the test galleries

HELP!

Blimey, Shadow that's so confusing! I don't know enough about all these things to answer any of your questions, i just want to say I REALLY hope it's good news and keeping all crossed (except my legs). But I would go to the docs and keep testing and push for bloods or a scan. Good luck hun.

Good luck Shadow! :dust: :dust:

Ladies, good news for me! I have 3 strong positive results on my opk's today!!! :dust: :dust: :wohoo: meaning i am going to ovulate just 6 days past getting a negative result on a pregnancy test. I am amazed. We are going to go for it with help from the preseed too. Got no soft cups yet so legs in the air method for half an hour for me! Do you think 2 x a day or once? x

Good luck Shadow. Let us know what your GP says.

Filipenko - I think once a day is enough (you don't want to deplete his stores lol) but if you're both really in the in the mood then it can't really do any harm. That's what we do anyway. I'm going to use Preseed tonight too cos I think I'm going to ov either today or tomorrow. Good luck!

Yeah once a day is probably enough

Ickle - sounds like we're on the same schedule, i hope we both get BFPs!! :dust: Can't believe I am going to be in the 2WW already. It only seems like 5 minutes ago that i was on the operating table!! crazy.. Anyway off to cook and reluctantly eat more disgusting vegetables. I swear when i have finished have kiddies i am never eating another vegetable again, ever. :sick:

That would be great to go from being friends here to being bump buddies too :)

If you're both up for it, I'd do twice in the day you think you are most likely to ovulate. You'd be doing once anyway to catch the egg, and if the second one depletes his stores for a few days, then so what? He can have as many or as few swimmers as he likes AFTER you have ovulated, but they won't make any difference to you once the egg has gone, and those last few he squeezes out on round 2 might just be the ones to make the difference!

What we tend to do, if it helps is to dtd on the evening of first peak and morning of second. If we had the energy, we'd go again on evening of second peak but rarely do :) Then anytime of the day on the day after, which is high, and after that only when the mood takes us. But don't listen to me. I'm on my second CBFM/third cycle post loss with no BFP so what I've been doing so far clearly hasn't worked!

ickle, that would be fantastic! here's hoping!
emum - thankyou, that's a great idea twice a day on the day, that makes sense!

Well the "confirmed" was me seeing the nurse on the Wednesday and she did a test in surgery which came back negatibe. I showed her the pics of the postive tests I had and she said I must have caught the pregnancy really early as the test she done was negative. She said the bleeding was probably my normal period starting so treat it as that but no scan was ever done. The bleeding was worse on the Thursday and FRiday with clots coming away then I did another HPT on the Monday when the bleeding had stopped and was very faint line so assumed the HCG was on it way out the system.

No, I have done no more tests since then and only started doing the OPK on the 27th Oct.

I'm not seeing things am I? Those are positive OPK and line on HPT?

Shadow, it really seems as though you must have ov'd early, as soon as you got a negative preg test. i think you must be pregnant, what other explanation could there be if you've had a negative in between? emum's right you should confirm with digi too. i'll do some hpt's for you too as i'm def ov-ing at the mo. i'll update for you in a bit.

Lola - sorry the witch got you and that OH will be away next month. Is there no way you could meet up?

Fili - great work with getting DH to buy the monitor without knowing it!! Wo hoo! :rofl: And even better new about ovulation! :wohoo:

Shadow - the other ladies have said everything I was going to say. It could still be left over hcg in your blood that is affecting the opks and the hpt. They can stay postive for quite some time - and like the other ladies said, it could be that you have retained products (I hope not though honey). I had positives followed by negatives and then positives again whilst I was monitoring my tests down so it is difficult to know....Or it could be that you have ovulated earlier than you realised and are pregnant again. However, to get a positive test yesterday you would need to be about 14dpo which would mean that you ovulated around the 18th which doesn't really seem possible as you still had a positive hpt then? Gl with the drs later x

Chistina - so glad that you saw/heard hb. That must have been amazing for you. I know you will still worry but that must have eased you a little?

As for keeping tests - I have all of my opks from January onwards! I stick them onto paper in the order in which I took them so that I can refer back to them if need be (to check whether I had darker/lighter ones last cycle etc...). My hpts I threw away as I didn't want to keep seeing them to remind me what I lost. My OH knows about my opks - he didn't for a long time but he has gradually been exposed to them - no massive outing but just gradually he became aware of them. Whenever his Mum comes round he tells me to make sure my pregnancy studd is away!!! :haha:

Whoa!! Loads of ov and bd-ing going on - fab news filipenko and ickle!!

Shadow - hope the Dr's news is good, keeping everything crossed you.

Hi Struth hope you are well.

My bbt and chart turned up today along with CB digital ov sticks. I am desperate to start using them. Still got a faint +ve on hpt this morning but it only showed up after 5 mins do you still think it is still +ve? :wacko:

I am probably being over sensitive but I have achey pains in my left side, wishing it was ov pains but probably not. It might just be radiating pain from my cyst on my right ovary. Why is my body playing tricks with my mind - arrgg.

Pink smarties - most tests say that you need to wait 10 mins to confirm a negative result so I think that's a positive, unfortunately. At least it's getting faint now though. I think it'll only take another couple of days to disappear completely :)

Yeah probably still a positive but sounds like it's a weak one. Bet you'll be clear by tomorrow!

Shadow, I did 2 hpt's for you one with a 10miu and one with a 25miu and they're both negative, completely negative no question about it. Fingers crossed it's not left over hcg x :dust:

Thanks ickle - I thought so just hoping not. I'll keep testing.

I personally would put them in the bin after the control line showed up, and not look at them again, and start OPKing anyway. Is that PMA or delusion though :) You know they are as near as dammit at zero now, so why not just get started? I'd rather waste a few sticks, even though they are expensive, than miss the surge, or get negs on OPKs all month and be torturing myself in a few weeks time wondering whether I just started testing too late or didn't ov this month.

My CBFM asked me for the first stick for this cycle this morning, so I am off on the rollercoaster again. It was low of course, but I am predicting first peak on Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I'll go to high over the weekend. CP is medium already so I think things are on course for that.

Yeah probably still a positive but sounds like it's a weak one. Bet you'll be clear by tomorrow!

Thank you! I am well confused and now wish I had of done further HPT the following week to confirm but we wanted to move forward and the thoughts of seeing BFN after all the BFPs I had prior to m/c (I tested everyday for a weel to be certain It was BFP and the pics are on here too still) was too much to bear so after testing on the Monday we just assumed it was done and over.

I dunno, its either going to be retained products (but had no bleeding etc or any other signs) or a very early BFP? I suppose I could have ovulated straight away around the 22-23rd which would make me 10-11dpo and still show faint?

Thanks ickle - I thought so just hoping not. I'll keep testing.

I personally would put them in the bin after the control line showed up, and not look at them again, and start OPKing anyway. Is that PMA or delusion though :) You know they are as near as dammit at zero now, so why not just get started? I'd rather waste a few sticks, even though they are expensive, than miss the surge, or get negs on OPKs all month and be torturing myself in a few weeks time wondering whether I just started testing too late or didn't ov this month.

My CBFM asked me for the first stick for this cycle this morning, so I am off on the rollercoaster again. It was low of course, but I am predicting first peak on Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I'll go to high over the weekend. CP is medium already so I think things are on course for that.

Thanks Emum, PMA thats more of what I need, just having a down day today. Hoping this is your month and the rollercoaster ends up with the warm fuzzy happy feeling at the end.:flower:

Thank you! I am well confused and now wish I had of done further HPT the following week to confirm but we wanted to move forward and the thoughts of seeing BFN after all the BFPs I had prior to m/c (I tested everyday for a weel to be certain It was BFP and the pics are on here too still) was too much to bear so after testing on the Monday we just assumed it was done and over.

I dunno, its either going to be retained products (but had no bleeding etc or any other signs) or a very early BFP? I suppose I could have ovulated straight away around the 22-23rd which would make me 10-11dpo and still show faint?

Yes that sounds possible! I think it's aways hard when you don't have your period to set timings from!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->