Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

That's funny! I have my CBFM on prominent display on the bedside table, and OH knows that I use it. But I temp secretly before he wakes up in case that freaks him out! Mind you, I've only been doing it for 5 days, so he may well notice at some point in the not too distant future.

I've been subtley preparing my OH for the possibility of these things to come by telling him that I have been coming on here and learning about stuff to help conception. He is also of the delusion that he posesses SuperSperm, I don't like to break it to him that at 44 he is probably not quite the stud he was at 20. :haha:

Been wondering how you got on honey. Did you see hb? Ooooh, tell all. How far gone are you now?

Hey hun, yeah we saw and heard it too, i am 7w2d today but i wont relax before we are done with the first trimester and putting in that cerclage!

Mrs Miggins- bless you, i m sure it's never too early for men?? I m sorry this was a hard day hun but you ve got to focus on 1st day in playground...it will pass...just one day...lots and lots of hugs! ow and even though a mc is always as hard as can be you re right to say at least you knew...i went one day before my 12 week scan and it was april's fool's day..i even joked that the dr would tell me he couldnt find hb....no joke he couldnt!

Ickle- yayayayayyayaya hun this is amazing...go get that DH of your and leave him no choice whatsoever!!!!

Filipenko- you re the most set on her mission, funny person i ve ever come across hun, it's def gonna happen soon!Yauyaayyaya for ewcm!

ps: i ve used my cbfm twice...both resulted in BFPs! I love it but wish i dont have to use it again soon!

Yeah I have all my pregancy bits and pieces in a large cardboard box in the second bathroom and i don't let my hubby use that bathroom. I was just thinking earlier about getting a nice table to lay out all my pregnancy stuff in easy to reach pretty boxes, like all my different strength ov tests in different decorative boxes and testing sticks organised in glass jars and... But then I thought OMG can you imagine if my dh did go in there and see my obsession?! He would probably feel as though he was the man in the film Misery or something! :wacko:

So I just folded up the top of my large cardboard box and laid my Next 'Home' dreams to rest.

I am sick of rummaging though when I need to test and can't hold my pee any longer!!

But then I thought OMG can you imagine if my dh did go in there and see my obsession?! He would probably feel as though he was the man in the film Misery or something! :wacko:

I'm sorry but :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have every single positive pregnancy test I have ever done in my top drawer. Not sure what OH would make of all those......:wacko:

That's funny! I have my CBFM on prominent display on the bedside table, and OH knows that I use it. But I temp secretly before he wakes up in case that freaks him out! Mind you, I've only been doing it for 5 days, so he may well notice at some point in the not too distant future.

I've been subtley preparing my OH for the possibility of these things to come by telling him that I have been coming on here and learning about stuff to help conception. He is also of the delusion that he posesses SuperSperm, I don't like to break it to him that at 44 he is probably not quite the stud he was at 20. :haha:

Don't worry mrsmiggins, my sister's husband is 47 and they've just had a baby girl called Darcie with no problems.

Maybe that's what I'll do too. My hubby is 42 and I have been 'helping' his little swimmers with coenzq10 on top of his multivitamins, giving his super sperm added oomph!

But then I thought OMG can you imagine if my dh did go in there and see my obsession?! He would probably feel as though he was the man in the film Misery or something! :wacko:

I have every single positive pregnancy test I have ever done in my top drawer. Not sure what OH would make of all those......:wacko:

So funny filipenko!! I can just picture it!

I kept all mine too MrsMiggins, next to my make up/moisturisers/nail varnish and toe separators/hair removal stuff etc . I know he'll never look in that drawer!! :haha:

:haha: have you lined them up? I have my opk's lined up and I think ickle does this too but i'm not sure that she keeps them! :wacko:

chistiana - wonderful news!! So pleased you got to hear the hb!

I must learn how to do multiple quotes from different posts.

Hi Chistiana, that's fantastic!! I was thinking about yout today, are you still on bed rest? I have a really good feeling you're going to be fine this time and everything's going to turn out perfectly! :happydance:

:haha: have you lined them up? I have my opk's lined up and I think ickle does this too but i'm not sure that she keeps them! :wacko:
Yep, although I know off by heart which order I did them in, and which of my 3 pregnancies they were from. Only got one from my first pregnancy which was my daughter, I only ever did one. Strange that the two subsequent pregnancies I was so unsure about from the off that I did loads of tests. But I tell a lie, I threw away a digi CB from my last pregnancy because the display disappears, so it's essentially just a wee covered wand. My best friend said I should chuck the ones out from the losses as they will only serve to depress me but I don't see it like that.

Christiana that's great news :) I hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you do you can relax a bit :)

I keep my CBFM sticks and theyve all got the cd and what the reading was written on them. I got excited and lined them all up and showed DH. He couldn't care less though lol!

My CBFM sits on a wee chest of drawers in our bathroom with the box of sticks. I'd probably put it away if we had friends round but our family all know we're trying so would leave it for them.

Didn't get to BD again yet - I had really bad AF like cramps which was really weird. I even POAS just in case but it was a BFN. DH has had to leave early this morning to go help with a search, he's a volunteer lifeboatman. So it'll have to be tonight when he gets home lol!

Morning ladies,

Just imagining all these drawers full of labelled used test sticks! :haha:

Ickle - that must be a rewarding job and very good of your Dh to do in his own time, what's the search for?

Mrsmiggins - hope you have a better day today with all your pampering!

Everyone - hope today brings everyone closer to ov, bfp's or successful scans :flow: :flow:

Okay girls I really need some help! I dunno what is going on!

Here the story, at the start of Oct I had my BFP (4th Oct) we were tickled pink as had been TTC. Sadly on 10th Oct I started to bleed and a m/c was confirmed on 13 Oct. We were gutted but I did a HPT on 17th Oct which showed the HCG levels had really dropped and the line was barely there on the HPT compared to the blaring positive previous HPT before the bleeding. My and OH accepted the m/c had occutred decided to start TTC asap when bleeding stopped so been have daily :sex: since 18th Oct.

I worked out that if I went back to my regular 35 day cycle after m/c I would be due to ovulate around 28th Oct. I (sneakily) started doing to OPK on 27th Oct which were showing positive (yay!), anyhoo, I continued over the weekend to (sneakily) use OPK and did them at various times through the day while we BD to the MAX! I did a OPK yesterday morning (01.11.11) which to me looked like the ovulation was starting to end, which would make sense after 3-4 days, however, I did another one yesterday afternoon (01.11.11) at 4:30pm which showed positive still! WTF?? Out of curiosity I did a HPT using the same urine sample as the 4:30 OPK and it showed a very faint line? I am so so confused??!

Lots of questions!
Can you ovulate for 5 days?
Could the OPK be showing positive when pregnant?
Could the OPK be wrong?
Could the HPK be showing positive because of ovulation?
Or am I going insane??!?

I am so confused! I have attached pics for opinions?

I have crossed posted too in the test galleries

HELP!

Attachments

• Ov Tests.jpg
    Ov Tests.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Preg test.jpg
    Preg test.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
Ickle - that must be a rewarding job and very good of your Dh to do in his own time, what's the search for?
Yeah it is, I'm very proud of him for doing it but I always worry about him. I'm not sure what the search is for, I do know the lifeboat was out on a search yesterday but I think it got called off because it was too dark, so this is probably a continuation.

Okay girls I really need some help! I dunno what is going on!

Here the story, at the start of Oct I had my BFP (4th Oct) we were tickled pink as had been TTC. Sadly on 10th Oct I started to bleed and a m/c was confirmed on 13 Oct. We were gutted but I did a HPT on 17th Oct which showed the HCG levels had really dropped and the line was barely there on the HPT compared to the blaring positive previous HPT before the bleeding. My and OH accepted the m/c had occutred decided to start TTC asap when bleeding stopped so been have daily :sex: since 18th Oct.

I worked out that if I went back to my regular 35 day cycle after m/c I would be due to ovulate around 28th Oct. I (sneakily) started doing to OPK on 27th Oct which were showing positive (yay!), anyhoo, I continued over the weekend to (sneakily) use OPK and did them at various times through the day while we BD to the MAX! I did a OPK yesterday morning (01.11.11) which to me looked like the ovulation was starting to end, which would make sense after 3-4 days, however, I did another one yesterday afternoon (01.11.11) at 4:30pm which showed positive still! WTF?? Out of curiosity I did a HPT using the same urine sample as the 4:30 OPK and it showed a very faint line? I am so so confused??!

Lots of questions!
Can you ovulate for 5 days?
Could the OPK be showing positive when pregnant?
Could the OPK be wrong?
Could the HPK be showing positive because of ovulation?
Or am I going insane??!?

I am so confused! I have attached pics for opinions?

I have crossed posted too in the test galleries

HELP!

OPK's can definitely pick up HCG. Here's a link to an explanation of why and why HPT's don't pick up ovulation, only HCG https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

It could be that you have retained products and that's why you're getting positives. I know a few ladies on this thread had that. But it could also be that you ovulated a lot earlier because it can happen anytime after your HCG levels go to 0 and that you're pregnant again. I think you need to go to your doctor and get a blood test done and then get another in 2 days so they can see what your levels are doing. Keeping everything crossed for you!

The OPK can be positive if there is HCG in your urine, but as far as I know the HPT will not react to LH. LH and HCG are similar which is why HCG can trigger an OPK but HCG has an extra chemical element and this is what the HPT looks for.

Did you ever get a negative HPT before you started testing with OPKs? Did you have your miscarriage confirmed by a scan or blood tests? Two possibilities are immediately springing to mind. The first is that the HPT is still picking up the last traces of HPT from the miscarriage perhaps because you have some retained tissue, the second is that you may in fact still be pregnant and didn't miscarry as you thought a few weeks ago, perhaps were pregnant with twins and lost one, causing levels to drop a little and some bleeding, but they are now picking up again. You say in your post that the loss was "confirmed" on 13 October but it would surely have been too early to detect anything by scan on that date if your AF was due on 4 October?

I would get a clearblue digital test and see what that says. If it is positive, and particularly if it shows a level higher than 1-2 weeks I'd get off to the doctors asap. If it is negative, then I suspect there are still trace elements of HCG in your system from your loss (the ICs are more sensitive than the CB digi tests so will pick them up for longer). If your ICs aren't negative within 4 weeks of the loss I might ask for a scan just to check everything has gone so you can start trying again.

Mrs Miggins - enjoy your pampering day. I am going to book OH and myself a nice massage as a treat after the last few weeks . And its out 13th Wedding Anniversary next week.

Shadow - I think even a very faint line on hpt still means there is hcg still in your system which will give you false +ve on your opk's. I don't think it work the other way around though, the LH test for opk cannot turn the hpt +ve. I am not surre about all this so hopefully someone else can give you a better explanation. It is all so confusing.

I did another hpt and got a very faint line appearing after about 5 mins. So what does that mean? Is that evaporation line (its not a IC its a covered test but not clearblue - just test from tesco).:shrug:

Ickle - hope everything went okay with OH out searching. Grab him as soon as he is home for some lovin'

Have a good day everyone.

Well the "confirmed" was me seeing the nurse on the Wednesday and she did a test in surgery which came back negatibe. I showed her the pics of the postive tests I had and she said I must have caught the pregnancy really early as the test she done was negative. She said the bleeding was probably my normal period starting so treat it as that but no scan was ever done. The bleeding was worse on the Thursday and FRiday with clots coming away then I did another HPT on the Monday when the bleeding had stopped and was very faint line so assumed the HCG was on it way out the system.

No, I have done no more tests since then and only started doing the OPK on the 27th Oct.

I'm not seeing things am I? Those are positive OPK and line on HPT?

Yes, they are positive. I think another trip to the doctors and a scan is probably the way forward just so that you know where you stand. Good luck! I really hope you have good news.

PS The tests you use at home may well be more sensitive than the ones the doctors use, which could account for yours being positive and theirs negative. HPTs can range in sensitivity from 10 to 50 mui which makes a big difference in the early stages of testing, though obviously both will eventually turn positive if the pregnancy continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->