Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi all, MrsMiggins - you got your new phone then? We won't be losing you for a few days? yay! ooooh strechy CM - great!!:thumbup:

Joey - congrats! have a H&H 9 months

Christiana - It was me that asked about CP. I was curious as who does check it during their cycle. I have started but am learning what is high/low etc. It does seem a little open but that is probably due to mc/erpc. I read that it is not an indicator of BFP/BFN

AFM - wine and bd last night with pre-seed. It was me that encouraged it which I think the OH finds a bit wierd (suspicious almost). I did talk to him about it this morning but he didn't see it the way I did. I thought, he thought I was only bding for his :spermy: (which I was sort off) but he didn't think that as he doesn't realise BFP is possible this month/soon after mc. Hope you understand that - sorry bit waffly.

I told him about temping as he found me rummaging in the dark again this morning with my bbt bleeping away. I thought if he saw my extra efforts ttc that might scare him off a bit. So we had a chat about that too and explained temping helps me estimate fertile time and reiterated the need for daily-ish bding around that time which I think he seemed okay with.

Can I ask how your OH's feel about all this ttc and all the extras especially at the beginning of ttc.

Ah, ok. I do remember you saying now. Did they not offer you hormone injections or baby aspirin then? It would make it so much easier if someone would say "this is the problem, here is a pill" wouldn't it.

Yes it would be brilliant to have a magic pill. I went on blood thinning injections and progesterone for the last pregnancy just for the sake of it and 'in case' as they do no harm. However, this time I am sticking to the aspirin which i take everyday (75mg) and not sure about doing the blood thinning stuff and prog as i really now think that if a pregnancy is healthy it will stay anyway and progesterone just prolongs the mc. Really tempted just to take the aspirin and ride out the next few weeks until an early scan if i get my bfp next week.

Hi Pink. They have given me the equivalent of a Bakelite 1940's temporary phone with no internet, so I will be not around for a few days unless I get on the laptop, which I will try to do. My iPhone goes in for repair tomorrow.
As for my OH, I think he is a little wary of the paraphernalia that surrounds ttc. I told him about my opk, and his response was that he didn't really want to be involved too much in all that. He just said "I know what my role is and I'm happy to stick to that." If I start temping I shall try to do it without him knowing. I think he finds it a bit odd because I have never done any of this in my 3 previous pregnancies. I don't think he really understands the pressure I feel under this time, although he wants another child as much as I do and I do feel he will support me in it all. He just doesn't want to be too involved in the science! He did ask me before we dtd the other night if I had used my sticks, and seemed a bit reassured when I told him I had, it was negative but I wanted to have sex anyway. He did ask if I only wanted to do it to get pregnant.
I was also curious about CP. I must admit I am a bit queasy about rummaging about up there. I think that's why I have a bit of a problem with the CM thing as well.

pink - i use the carrot and the stick with my oh, there's no other phrase for it. I make him think i was to bd all the time when not ov-ing but it usually gets to "oh dear is it that time already" yawn then :sleep: But I do pretend to be enthusiastic when i can half be bothered in non-fertile times. Then during ov time i am quite tough with him, eg I tell him the 2 days he can't go out at night as that if he wants a baby he has to cooperate. But all in all i'm lucky, he understands the science (think it has taken a bit of time to adjust though) and he's more or less cooperative. x

Thanks! I never thought that I would be excited about such a thing, much less sharing the news on the Internet proudly. Back to the aspirin, sorry to go on but I am wondering if I should take it next time I get pregnant. Do you reckon I should ask for it or self prescribe? Or would it not be a good idea?

I'm stretchy too! Have been for the last couple of days but today clear and stretchy as opposed to creamy and stretchy so I think I'm moving in right direction. CBFM still high, OPK is negative but CP is higher and softer again today. CD10 so due a SMEP and I would guess I'll get a peak tomorrow or Tuesday and ovulate on Wednesday perhaps. My temps are all pretty stable at the moment, with no pre ov dip yet.

Emum- fantastic positive ov signs!!

filipenko and Mrs M - thanks for the reassurance. We were never very frequent having sex (once a week-ish) prior to BFP in Aug so it seems a bit 'false' this extra bding. I am sure we will get in to a routine as such so it won't seem as obvious. Again this is mostly in my head.

MrsM - when are you testing to day? I am holding it in just now, cleaning upstairs to take my mind off it.

OH has just made me a cup of tea so maybe in an hour or so! I know what you mean about it feeling unusual. Around halfway through my pregnancy with Edie he started to suffer from erectile dysfunction and sex was a very infrequent occurrence, and he got really paranoid about it. Tbh I thought that was it for a while and there would be no hope of any other children. Then around last christmas he lost loads of weight and got his mojo back so we had about a year and a half of lost time to make up! That's when we started to try again. So sex with us seems to be famine or feast!

Well I have just done some more testing :happydance: I have a green light on my Persona monitor which means im no longer fertile and I have high fertility on my new CBFM! I set the CBFM to 5 days into a cycle so I could test asap on 'CD6' (really i'm 3dpo)
So it must be that estrogen levels are still quite high after ov-ing? What happens to your CBFM's just after peak fertility and O ?

Do you like my new avatar and ticker ladies? my avatar is a bit rude but i thought it was really funny :rofl:

Well ladies I have been awol as well there is no polite way. of putting this and soory if i offend but i have had a shite week.

Was the anniversary of my first loss and to be honest i thought i would be fine wrong. Last night when the fireworks started it brought back all those raw emotions and terrible memories of miscarriage. Did not really want to post on here as i know many of you are still going through this.

If that was not bad enough my gran whom I was close to has died.

The third thing ( as hopefully they come in threes) oh schedule has cganged so thete is not a cat in hells chance of us meeting up this month.

I am gutted. Broken in fact.

Well I have just done some more testing :happydance: I have a green light on my Persona monitor which means im no longer fertile and I have high fertility on my new CBFM! I set the CBFM to 5 days into a cycle so I could test asap on 'CD6' (really i'm 3dpo)
So it must be that estrogen levels are still quite high after ov-ing? What happens to your CBFM's just after peak fertility and O ?

You normally get however many highs (everyone is different) followed by 2 peaks (you usually O on the second peak) then one final high (just to make sure) then lows until AF. The highs are when the CBFM picks up LH which can be all month long and it peaks when it picks up oestrogen. If you're getting highs after O it's just LH it's picking up.

TBH you're probably just wasting sticks this cycle, since you're past your fertile stage but I know how hard it is not to POAS lol!

You'll probably want to reset your monitor from scratch after this cycle (not just setting the m button) because it uses the first two cycles to learn what's normal for you and won't be accurate if you leave it as is. It tells you how to do that in your booklet, near the end I think.

Debzie, big big hugs for you. So sorry to hear about your gran, and yesterday must have been horrible for you.

Thanks ickle, :flow: yeah I know it's a complete waste of sticks but yeah i just want to know as i'm an addict. I like the low high peak thing. I don't get how it is picking up LH when my opk lines are virtually non existent :shrug: [just reread your post and i understand now :wacko:] How are things with your OH?

Things are great with my DH, thanks for asking. I've been telling him what I've got planned for next cycle and why and he's at least pretending to be interested lol! We still need to talk about the best way to face the mating season but we've got plenty of time to work that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->