Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Well if by any chance you ovulated on the 23rd, you should expect AF on Thursday or Friday, so if you wanted to do a test just to be sure then it should be pretty accurate from now onwards, although make sure you do it first thing in the morning :)

I am itching to test!! I got impatient and took a CB easy a couple of days ago (just had one lying around, I know they're fairly awful) and it showed what looked like an evap. But who knows! Last time I had a similar looking line on the CB and I was pregnant, but I know they are notorious for giving very positive looking evaps so I'm taking it as inconclusive..

is it just more accurate in the mornings? but can still test in the afternoons?

The reason they advise testing first thing in the morning is because you urine is most concentrated because you've been asleep all night, not drinking or going to the toilet. There's less chance of getting a false negative if you make sure the HCG concentration is as high as possible. If you want to test in the afternoon, the advice I've been given is to not drink for 3 hours after going to the toilet and then test to try and raise the concentration (if there is any there). This doesn't apply to OPK's though - they've got different instructions because your levels change throughout the day so best to just follow the instructions with them. HTH.

Chocco - Did you test after your mc? There is a chance that your levels are still returning to normal since it's only a few weeks ago. Did you miscarry naturally or did you have a D&C? Have you had any scans done? There is a chance you could have retained products (horrible term but I don't know how else to put it) which would cause your body to still produce HCG and give you a false positive.

GIRLS! omg. omg. omg.

My period is due in 3/4 days and i thought i would test as CB say they can tell you up to 4 days before AF.....and the test says PREGNANT 1-2 WEEKS.

oh god.

It could be a false positive tho?? OR CHEMICAL?? im gonna test again tomo morn. OH GOD!

GIRLS! omg. omg. omg.

My period is due in 3/4 days and i thought i would test as CB say they can tell you up to 4 days before AF.....and the test says PREGNANT 1-2 WEEKS.

oh god.

It could be a false positive tho?? OR CHEMICAL?? im gonna test again tomo morn. OH GOD!

:wohoo:. Doubt it could be a false possitive - my mat nurse said you cant get false possitives (esp on best branded tests)

CONGRATS HUN!!! XXXXXXX

:rain:

Congratulations First Timer. I'm so happy for you! H&H 9 months to you xxxxxxx

Thanks Inoue - but im scared stiff! Dont get me wrong; its exactly what i want - just scared :( :) :( :)

can i stay on this thread? esp as at the moment im not even that sure its all real as i took the test 4 days early AND in the afternoon LOL!

Sounds like a positive to me!!! Congrats

Hi All

Welcome newbies, so sorry to hear about your losses but stick with us and we'll get you through it :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS Kas, Wow i doubt its a false positive saying 1-2 weeks, or left over HGC as its been such a long time .... thats brilliant news, yes of course you can stay here, i guess after what we have been through its going to be scary when we get pregnant again ... just take care of yourself and enjoy it!!

Well I take full credit for your :bfp: .... since my holiday and my new positive, happy attitude towards the second half of this year you are the third of my friends to announce they are pregnant!! I shall continue to be happy and spread some :dust: around and see how many ladies I can get pregnant :rofl:

This is the start of our good news!! Hopefully ill get some soon, the :witch: is due in a few days and then i can get my scan cd4/5 and hopefully get the all clear and start my clomid!! I cannot wait!!

xxxx

Clobo - looks like we'll be cycle buddies this cycle. Hopefully we can be each others good luck charm :)

Hiya

I was thinking that if it doesnt happen for you and Kas then we should all be starting around the same time and be cycle buddies .... well Kas has her good news and hopefully you might too or do you think you are out?? You never know!!

Yes i need a good luck charm!!

Massive hugs xxx

well thanks for all the good luck cloey; and i just know u wont be far behind :)

I defo want to stay part of this thread as unfortunately us here know things dont always go to plan - and if it happens a 2nd time, im not sure how i wud cope without u ladies!

and anyway i want to keep up with all of you and whats happening :) xxx

im going to test again on saturday - maybe then it will all sink in a little better!

love ya all x

OMG congrats firsttimer!!!!! :D I was thinking of taking a CB digi now.. Are they particularly sensitive? xx

Yay, you can spur us on and of course we want to follow your progress too! You started this lovely thread, its only fitting that you should be the first to get her :bfp:

Dont blame you for testing again, you wanna see the 2-3 and then the 3+!!

Hi Chocco, the digi's arent that sensitive usually, superdrug ones or some of the internet ones are most sensitive but if thats what you've got then go for it .... have you held your pee in for a few hours??

xxx

No I haven't held it.. I think I'll wait for a couple of days and then get some superdrug ones :) Leave the digi for a rainy day lol ;) xx

Yep i should, they are so expensive too!! Good luck chick, i hope you get the answer you want!! Must have been a wierd and difficult few months for you :hugs:

firsttimer1 wow everything crossed for you I can't imagine that will be a false result! I hardly know you having not been in this thread much bar lurking, but a little squeak came out when I read that!!!

Congrats firsttimer that is great :) Those tests are pretty good so it has to be real. :)

I kept my digi for after I got a line on my internet cheapies, to save wasting it on a BFN. It was great to see the word "Pregnant" because you think your eyes are deceiving you with the lines lol!

Clobo - I'm defintely out. Prog levels went from 15.1 on Friday to 3.6 yesterday and my DH has been telling me since the weekend that he thought AF was due (I always get really dark circles under my eyes in the run up). I was a bit down about it yesterday but then I realised that it means I O'd a lot earlier than normal, and my new regime with my supplements is really helping. I'm going to try using OPK's properly this next cycle rather than relying on the FF forecasted fertile time. I just hope it happens before DH goes away for a week at the end of the month. It would be lovely to get pregnant this month so that I could be pregnant on my birthday next month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->