Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

OMG is all I can say emum :shock: :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
It shows how little they think about this stuff and how easily they forget!

Bloody men! DH came home last night and we were talking about this trip to India. He had originally said he was going on Wednesday, which will be Cd14 for me but I often ovulate on CD12 so although not thrilled was ok about that. Last night he announced he was going to book his flight for Tuesday morning as his first meeting is actually on Wednesday morning. When I expressed concern, he said we could always do the deed when it gets back (a week later!) as it's not like we only had 24 hours after ovulation!!!!! Honestly, I really give up. We have had fertility treatment spanning about 6 years, where we did numerous monitored cycles, and also had IUI twice where timing was crucial. How in hell has he got to this stage with not even a basic knowledge of female fertile windows. When I explained to him that the egg lived for between 12 and 24 hours and the fertile window per month was usually a maximum of 3 days he was genuinely gob smacked. Men!!!!!!!!

Hello BabyDevil.

So sorry that you're here but glad you found us. :hugs:

NTNP is only dangerous if the doctors tell you of a specific reason why you can't try, such as medical management of the m/c. Most times, if they tell you to wait a cycle just so it's easier to date another pregnancy, there's no medical reason for it.

General advice is to wait until the bleeding has stopped before doing the deed because of the risk of infection. It might be worth buying some cheap tests online so you that you can test until you get a negative again so that you know any new BFP is a genuine one, not just left over hormones. Plus you won't ovulate until your levels drop back down to normal so that will help you know when you try again, but then that's a bit more than NTNP.

thankyou i had a natural miscarriage everything has gone my bleeding has nearly stopped (been going on for 2 weeks!) x

I agree with the other ladies babydevil.
My Dr me to wait until I felt emotionally ready to TTC again and advised me to wait until one AF purely for dating purposes.
When I asker her if I was medically sound to start TTC conceive again straight away she said that yes I am and I can start as soon as the bleeding has stopped if I felt ready.
So so sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs:

Hi all

I MS on the 06/11/11. Body expelled everything on its on did not need a D&C bleed for 5 days only.

My question is I would realy like to start TTC now but don't no cause I was told to wait 3months? What do you think will I faal PG so soon again

I agree with the other ladies too babydevil. Sometimes it helps to just get going again. So sorry for your loss :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks pink! That does make sense! :hugs:

Fili - found this about dreams re: ex-boyfrind

More times than not, when you dream about an ex (girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife), it isn’t really THEM that your dream represents. Usually (though not always, of course) it’s the period of time that your mind is revisiting – your ex just happens to be there. In the same way that our AWAKE mind revisits the past, through memories, sometimes our ASLEEP mind does the same.

If we’re going through a stressful time in our lives and seem to have more on our proverbial plate than we ever asked for – our mind will take us to a “simpler time” – if an ex happens to be there, it isn’t necessarily a compliment to them. They just happened to be in the picture at the time.

Not sure about the red skirt. Maybe just bad fashion sense :winkwink:

Thanks for the advice debzie that makes sense too, weighing up the best genes for my eggy! :haha: Levi's?

Outlaw - Sorry that you're going through this. Hope we can help you though. Here is a post I wrote to another lady earlier that I hope answers your questions. :hugs:

NTNP is only dangerous if the doctors tell you of a specific reason why you can't try, such as medical management of the m/c. Most times, if they tell you to wait a cycle just so it's easier to date another pregnancy, there's no medical reason for it.

General advice is to wait until the bleeding has stopped before doing the deed because of the risk of infection. It might be worth buying some cheap tests online so you that you can test until you get a negative again so that you know any new BFP is a genuine one, not just left over hormones. Plus you won't ovulate until your levels drop back down to normal so that will help you know when you try again, but then that's a bit more than NTNP.

@ Outlaw and Baby Devil - Sorry you have had to join us, but these ladies have been a great source of comfort and support, so you are in the right place. My doc said I can start TTC straight away after BFN, but better to wait until after AF, but there are a lot of ladies who fell pregnant without AF so it is possible. Dont stress too much until you are in your first cycle as the body is a little haywire and sign of ov hard to detect this cycle

Much love to you xxx

Cue Mastermind theme tune: de de de de der der......

Will Mr Filipenko please take the seat for the egg general knowledge round. You have 30 seconds to answer questions about a woman's fertile window. Your time starts now.

John Humphries: How long does an egg live for...

Mr Filipenko: 9 months!

JH: I've started so i'll...

Mr F: 1 cycle!

JH: ...finish...

Mr F: 1 hour!

JH: ...after a woman has ovulated?

Mr F: Until the sperm gets there!

De de de de der der.

JH: Time's up Mr Filipenko, you have scored no points.

:shock:

Programme note: This conversation really took place between Mr and Mrs Filipenko at 1.33pm on a Thursday afternoon. :shock:

Will Mr Filipenko please take the seat for the egg general knowledge round. You have 30 seconds to answer questions about a woman's fertile window. Your time starts now.

JH: ...after a woman has ovulated

De de de de der der.

Programme note: This conversation really took place between Mr and Mrs Filipenko at 1.33pm on a Thursday afternoon. :shock:

HAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mrs Filipenko has just made me ROAR with laughter in my very quite office :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lots of funny looks at me across the room :haha::haha:

LMAO Filipenko. I've just texted Kev to ask him the same thing and told him not to google the answer. I'll let you know what he says.

:rofl::rofl:

JH: ...after a woman has ovulated?

De de de de der der.

NO WAY!! :rofl::rofl:

Don't know why I am suprised my OH would not have a clue -absolute zip!

Outlaw and Babydevil - Sorry for your losses, welcome to a lovely group of ladies. As for TTC straight away ickle has answered that question. It helped my move forward after my mc to think and plan ttc so I hope it will help you ladies too. :hugs::hugs:

Couldn't resist but email Mr Loubylou the same question and his grand answer was.......

.......2 big fat weeks :wacko: MEN:dohh::dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

outlaw, there is no way you should wait 3 months unless the doctor gave you a particular reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->