Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

For the last three weeks I have been reading this entire thread and drinking one large beer a night. I had a MMC 7 weeks discovered at 12 week scan. The night before the scan I had one drop of blood and I knew then (I do not bleed when pg) Next morning I saw it before the sono did, because I'm a google addict and know what I should have been seeing. Then all the little signs added up (bad dreams after 7 weeks, lessening of symptoms) I just thought i was managing my eating well enough to avoid morning sickness! I have since done immense googling and come to terms with what happened and this thread was SO helpful I cant even put it into words. You are all so strong, and open and honest. I have 2 boys already and wasnt TTC but upon seeing that + my instant reaction was a happy one- i only did the test because it was my birthday and my fella and I had plans of dining and drinking and I was a couple days late and would rather go drinking after a negative test. Fella's birthday is the same day, and I didnt know how he would react so I kept it to myself and had to make out that I didn't want to drink due to wanting my belly empty and ready for a large birthday meal! Told him 2 days later...and his immediate reaction was happy too so we were ready for this baby. I am now what I call TTCNTNP because I am TTC and fella is NTNP :happydance: You ladies have me fully addicted to OPK's I do 3 a day and will til I have definite cycles again (or a BFP) and I tend to pee alot so its excruciating to hold it for 4 hours lol but I want to know my cycles in and out, before the MMC I only knew the basics of ovulation (half way through cycle 12 hour window) and now I am near obsessed!

Got a + opk on the 25th and had BD that morning however fella had wanted to pull out....which I since found out was because he though I wanted him to *doh* then we didnt BD again for another 24 hours ish. But honestly, I'm curious enough about the finer points of cycles to greet AF as the next part of my learning process. Ofc it would by nice not to get AF but I expect I missed the eggy this time. It was a short surg only 2 + opk's one at 6pmish and next at 11:30 pm neg again by next day.

I'm pronounced ok to TTC due to a scan 3 weeks after the MMC showing what the sono called a 'lovely womb' which I took as a compliment!

Sorry for the long posts...this is my first post anywhere since the MMC at the beginning of the month and I can be the Queen of TMI

I think I feel most comfortable posting it here because you lovely Ladies make this thread so welcoming despite your losses you manage to be positive and thats what helped me especially in those first few days after the MMC and now I'm more positive. You are all such good people you will so get your BFP's and lovely cheeky litle monkeys!

:dust: To all of you!

Hey Lozdi! It's like you're one of us already!! Welcome... and so sorry for your loss. You are so right about knowing what has happened before you are told, I knew with both of mine before the scan told me. Doesn't make it any easier to bear though.
Well, welcome to :test: central, and good luck for your ttc journey. :happydance::dust:

You are right it doesnt make it easier, its more of a confirmation if instinct. One of the dreams I had was of a boy born early and unwell, and I woke up on the verge of screaming, looking back its as if I was being told that he couldnt hold on. I decided that the soul would just have to wait a bit longer to get a healthy body! I have a curious mixture of logic and belief in things spiritual which I think has helped alot- along with my fella and this thread! I think I shall demand an 8 week scan next time, otherwise I shant rest at all.

Omg Lozdi - you read all 377 pages of us wittering on? Sorry you're here but I think you'll fit in well here :)

Yup I read the whole lot, my evenings after putting the kids to bed were reading and partaking of a beer then mah jongg once my eyes refused to read. By the time I finished the reading I felt ready to tell my story. This thread has saved my fellas ears from being talked off I'm sure. He is supportive but I'm sure there is a limit to how much conception/pregnancy talk he can put up with!

I'll be honest I'm not easily inspired but the ladies here have inspired me no end!

You are right it doesnt make it easier, its more of a confirmation if instinct. One of the dreams I had was of a boy born early and unwell, and I woke up on the verge of screaming, looking back its as if I was being told that he couldnt hold on. I decided that the soul would just have to wait a bit longer to get a healthy body! I have a curious mixture of logic and belief in things spiritual which I think has helped alot- along with my fella and this thread! I think I shall demand an 8 week scan next time, otherwise I shant rest at all.

Hi Lozdi, welcome! So sorry for your loss, I'm glad we helped you through the worst of it, and have we really racked up 377 pages of pregnancy banter already ickle?!:shrug: Can't imagine, it's not like it's a very interesting topic of conversation for us or anything is it? :shrug:

It's interesting you mention the dreams Lozdi, in my last pregnancy in particular I knew it was a boy as I dreamt it and I had this unbelievable strange strong, strong feeling of the presence of a boy, then a week later I dreamt I was bleeding in my mum and dad's laundry room (we were due to visit and it's a 6 hour round trip) I held off visiting (setting off so early) just because of this dream and low and behold got a call from the doctor that morning with my plateau-ing hcg result telling me I would miscarry. I did not know he was going to call that day... Turns out that pregnancy was a chromosomally normal boy. I also know now that if I dream of bathrooms or water which i'm not in as such, but it's spraying on me or full baths overflowing, my period is coming! I have never paid such attention to my dreams before but I do now and so does my DH who previously would have thought i was talking twaddle. I really like that about the soul waiting, I have thought that many times before, and i'm not really a religious or particularly spiritual person but maybe I am now! If I get another boy and he goes to full term I think i may tend to think he was the one before. Overall though, I am petrified of my dreams and will be even more so when i am pregnant again.

I think once you've had a missed miscarriage it's really important to get an early scan, it's really a must to put your mind at rest.

Yes my DH feels a bit jealous now, he asks :What's going on, on the forums today? So it's definitely helped me to have like minded lovely girls to talk to.

Hope you find lots more comfort here. :hugs::flower:

Dreams during pregnancy can be wondeful and scary thats for sure, and very revealing. I get water dreams during pregnancy, but with the MMC they turned bad after 7 weeks ish, with aliens coming to the planet and stealing all our water! When I woke up from that one I drank a pint of the stuff lol

As for your boy...bless him for making his self known to you, and dont think that because he was chromosomally normal that it was your fault. I read a study and some babies who have a normal karotype had something else wrong and just cant get past a certain stage. I had medical management instead of dc and as it was my first 'clinically recognized MC' (had a very early one many years ago before I kew I was pg) there was no analysis done but my gut tells me the baby was just unwell. As for the souls could be girls or boys next time who knows? All we can do is look after ourselves physically and emotionally and thank goodess we have lovely partners, and a place where we can come and indulge in way TMI and empathise with others who have gone through or who are going through the same thing.

Hmm, I'm missing some 'N's out of my words...some time ago hundreds and thousands from a cake got stuck under my N key. *apologies in advance for typos*

Thanks Lozdi, I'm well past the stage of blaming myself but did do for a long while! After 3 + miscarriages , they say you're most likely losing normal fetuses and so they have put me on a lorry load of treatment for blood thinning, womb smoothing and immune supressing! So I am rattling my way to a bfp!!

Dreams during pregnancy can be wondeful and scary thats for sure, and very revealing. I get water dreams during pregnancy, but with the MMC they turned bad after 7 weeks ish, with aliens coming to the planet and stealing all our water! When I woke up from that one I drank a pint of the stuff lol

As for your boy...bless him for making his self known to you, and dont think that because he was chromosomally normal that it was your fault. I read a study and some babies who have a normal karotype had something else wrong and just cant get past a certain stage. I had medical management instead of dc and as it was my first 'clinically recognized MC' (had a very early one many years ago before I kew I was pg) there was no analysis done but my gut tells me the baby was just unwell. As for the souls could be girls or boys next time who knows? All we can do is look after ourselves physically and emotionally and thank goodess we have lovely partners, and a place where we can come and indulge in way TMI and empathise with others who have gone through or who are going through the same thing.

A couple of months after my first mc I dreamt about the baby I lost. It was a boy and he was smiling at me. I haven't had that with the second though.

Womb smoothing, what a term! Sounds like everything is well in hand (or in belly hopefully!) for you- and you have the right attitude I bet theres a BFP in the near future, I do wonder if when it happens we will all get it at the same time, like those tales of bunches of ladies who work together all catching at once. From a magic chair maybe, though in our cases a magic thread!

I have just spotted that its midnight, and fella is falling asleep next to me, so i'll bid you goodnight, and carry myself to bed before I start getting an urge to POAS (I have done my 3 opk's for the day)

:dust: G'nitey :flower:

Just put in today's temp and my cross hairs have disappeared. It looks like I may not have ov'd at all.:cry:

It could be that because your open circle temps aren't as accurate as the close circle ones that you're not showing your true pattern mrs miggins. Keep temping and see what happens in the next few days.

I got another high today so no ovulation for me tomorrow, which means no due date of the 23rd of August like I'd hoped. It's probably for the best though cos both DH and I felt too rough to DTD last night. I could do with a day in bed but I'd better drag myself to work. Ovaries are both twinging like mad and feeling a little bloated so ov can't be too far away.

You know what mrs migg I think temping takes some practice, perhaps your chart isn't as reliable because we're not expert tempers? I strongly relied on my fertility monitors to tell me i ov'd this time, i wouldn't have liked to have relied on my temps. i definitely don't think you can rely on your chart alone to tell you whether you ov'd or not.

Hello Morning lovely ladies.

Hello Lozdi, sorry for your loss but I am glad you found us and that it has helped you. I couldn't have got through the first few week without this thread. As fili said it sounds like you are one of us already!! Our newest member of POASA!! Like you I also 'knew' something was not right it is amazing really our intuition but that we are programmed not to listen to it. I very rarely remember my dream but would love to feel my baby had visited through a dream:cry:

I have my cyst scan at the EPU this morning so will be asking questions that I didn't ask last time. I thought I was quite cool with it all but I am bit more emotional this morning. Yesterday I was bouncing down the corridors, flirting like mad and just happy after my peak.

I got another peak to day so will have to tell the the hubby we need to bd again today, poor him. I think we have had more lovin' this last week than we normally do all month.:haha:

Fili - good luck with your appointment this morning. Thinking of you.:flower:

Good luck today pinksmarties. Be strong.

First CBFM high for me today. Hope I am on track for peak on Sat/Sun! Temps are bonkers this month so far.

Thanks Ickle, thanks Fil. I am still of the opinion that I ov'd on Sunday so I may or may not have caught the egg. I just need to chill out about it today, what's done is done, or not as the case may be. I had a much better nights sleep last night as I was shattered and in pain all day with my sinuses anyway so maybe this hasn't been the right month. I do feel strong enough with the support here to get through another cycle of ttc though!
Pink and Fil, good luck to you both today.xx

Thanks everyone, my appointment is at 5 today so i'll let you know! Good news about the 2nd peak Pink and good luck at the epu :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->