Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

I'm now in the process of learning about FF charting...one thing I'm not sure of though, is the checking of cervical position- I simply cant reach it! I have got really short fingers lol but to be honest it looked as if the doctor struggled to reach it too at the hospital. I would have asked her but I had morphine just to be able to let them examine me >.< Confounded tricky cervix! Cant even get fella to check because I have developed extreme squeamishness when it comes to anything other than my own fingers or fellas willy. Graphic question alert: When one puts one fingers up there...should it be felt straight up, or at an angle, or to one side? I really have no clue about this aspect! I saw some photos a lady had taken of her cervix throughout one cycle and hers seemed to be straight up iykwim but I dont know what the natural variations are.

I'm now in the process of learning about FF charting...one thing I'm not sure of though, is the checking of cervical position- I simply cant reach it! I have got really short fingers lol but to be honest it looked as if the doctor struggled to reach it too at the hospital. I would have asked her but I had morphine just to be able to let them examine me >.< Confounded tricky cervix! Cant even get fella to check because I have developed extreme squeamishness when it comes to anything other than my own fingers or fellas willy. Graphic question alert: When one puts one fingers up there...should it be felt straight up, or at an angle, or to one side? I really have no clue about this aspect! I saw some photos a lady had taken of her cervix throughout one cycle and hers seemed to be straight up iykwim but I dont know what the natural variations are.

I too have small fingers and can just reach mine (I have to buy children's gloves!!). It does change throughout the cycle and even during the day so it is best to check the same time everyday. Initially I used to lie on the bed to check but found it easier to coochy-ing down a little after my bath. If you 'bare down' it pushes it down a little but that might give you misleading result for the height but at least you could feel its softness. It might be easier to feel closer to your AF as that is when it is lowest. I have to feel upwards and backwards. My cervix is not 'flat on' i.e. I can feel the front part first then have to move higher to feel the os and the back but just feeling the front is enough. I have just started properly this month so am no expert at gauging it's height and firmness, it'll come with practice!!

ps just had to have a quick feel to check hahaha!!

Sorry, TMI alert:

Up til the 27th I had random spotting (some days not all) and it ALWAYS was only for one wipe really late, after midnight every time, small amount of light pink. However just now had small pain, went to the bathroom and upon wipe had similar spotting but slightly more quantity, but theres was a really small smudge of really bright red amidst it. This strikes me as odd, especially the bright bit. It really was tiny. All my spotting after the main MMC bleeding stopped was the very precise late at night small amount but this today is more and earlier. I am just wondering if anyone had the same thing, or something similar. My body is like a mystery I am trying to solve!

My cycles have always been super regular at roughly 28 days and I have never before spotted at any point. So all this after MMC random business is really odd to me.

I tried every time I went to the bathroom for about a week and in all sorts of positions except lying down- I guess I either just cant quite reach or I feel it but dont realise!

Lozdi - can't help you with the bleeding but I am sure one of the other ladies will. As for CP you will feel the difference when you find it as it is more smooth and firmer feeling than the bumpy/ridged squashy surrounding tissue. At your most fertile it is high and much softer and might blend in more with other stuff then. I'd wait till closer to your AF and try then when it is supposed to be lower.

Fili - how did you get on? Hope it all went okay.

Mrsmig - did you mention bd-ing tonight again to the OH. I don't know whether to leave it tonight and bd tomorrow or do you think that might be too late. I'll see how he feels after his football tonight.

I have a ton of stuff to do but I cant stray far from the comp til I know how Fili's appointment went! I guess my bleeding is hormonal as its more a pink discharge than red blood. The med management was on the 5th so really not that long ago. C'mon body, normalise!

Perhaps a nice soothing massage for you OH after football might have the desired effect without having to actually mention BD. I'm going to try never to mention it to my fella during the window, don't want him feeling thats all we do it for. We all know thats not the case but who knows how men see it!

:dust: Double Dust! :dust:

Random info: My fella calls sperm 'Population Paste' charming, isnt he. :haha:

Not sure Pink, when do you think you have ov'd? I haven't had chance to mention it to him yet as his son is here and I can't really tell his dad in front of him that I need his man juice!
I'll break it to him later, poor bloke. He's still full of cold. If you can Pink I'd say go for it tonight as well.

Have you any tea tree oil? I find that inhaling it during a cold shortens the cold quite drastically, and when I have none the cold lasts ages. I keep 2 bottles on standby now, one in kitchen one in handbag. Tis good stuff.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your well wishes! Well listen to this for a yarn - I am quite over the moon! :yipee:

So our appointment was at 5. We set off a 3.30 for an hour drive and got stuck in horrendous traffic. We were late for the appointment by 20 minutes! :shock: Dr S is based at Harley Street but we saw him at the Epsom clinic in Surrey. He was very welcoming and forgave us instantly. Best summarise the rest in conversation and cut to the chase.

Background info: High NK cells cause the immune system to attack any pregnancy and treat it as foreign.

Me (proudly): I have been following your plan, Dr S, and I have been taking 25mg steroids from ovulation along with aspirin.
Dr S (not pleased): Dr Google and taking strong medicines willy nilly is not something I condone.There's nothing I can do now as you've been ttc and have not had the NK cells immune test so I wouldn't know what dose. Also you can't have the test whilst on medication. I am not the kind of doctor who will treat empirically based on the off chance. If you don't have high NK cells then then there's nothing wrong there and no treatment will be given.
Me (shocked but not one to give up): Oh well I did have the NK cells test done after the 2nd miscarriage...
Dr S: Who did that for you?
Me: I did it myself, well a random clinic in Kingston arranged it for me. I wanted to get all the tests done possible and worked night and day to find this clinic but didn't really know what to do with this result...some girls following your plan on the forums said they looked high. (Yes I said this) Erm The Doctors Laboratory did them.
Dr S (not pleased clinic is allowing tests without doc supervision gave me a lecture about this too) We also use The Doctor's Laboratory to carry out our results, let's see...
Me: (shaking with anticipation) Speechless
Dr S: These are VERY high, the highest they can be. You will be on top whack protocol with 40mg steroids when pregnant and intralipid drips. So you took 25mg steroids from ovulation then and aspirin?
Me:smug: Yes
Dr S: Good job.

And then he proceeded to write us a very long presciption and spent an hour answering our questions. A very nice man!

So happy to have a diagnosis but horrible that my body attacks my own baby!! I feel secretly happy that I was a rebel and with the help of other steroid junkies on this forum and one very nice steroid lady in particular I treated myself and it was a good thing to do!! What y'all think?

I probably do somewhere, I don't touch my essential oils when I'm ttc, even the harmless ones! Beauty therapists are among the people most at risk of mc apparently so I try to avoid all the oils and stuff at work too, which can be tricky. I've got some olbas oil though, I'll chuck some of that on OH's pillow and hope it gets him through the night!

Great news about the opk test mrs migg!!! :yipee: So you are a qualified temper after all! Just me who can't do it poperly but following emum's advice now.

Glad it turned out well in the end fili. I often find crusty doctors are actually quite good at the medicine bit. Fxd this will solve it all for you.

Just out of interest, how on earth did you get a steroid script without having the consultation and diagnosis first? Was that through your GP?

:happydance:WOO HOO FIL!!!!! Been waiting all evening to see how you got on!! Oh that is just FAB!!!! You are gonna have one sticky, sticky bean so soon!! You WILL be scraping porridge off your walls and be covered in snot, god I'm so excited for you. :hugs:

Pink that's great that the cyst has gone and that you can ttc now - because you were really listening to that advice weren't you!! :haha:

Do not worry one little bit about your age pink, there are sooooooo many ladies who are older than you who are successfully pregnant. You get pregnant and that's all that matters. The age range of women who miscarry on here (including blighted ovums) is 19 - 44. You will get there, you're doing everything you can and you'll be a success story soon. Posh Spice was 37 when she had her last child and think of all those tv presenters recently who were older than you are now. Please don't worry about your age it's not an issue for you and you'll be pregnant again soon anyway, 1 miscarriage although absolutely horrible in itself is a one off sporadic event that's unlikely to recur again and sad to say very common. Most of my friends have had one, on their 1st attempt too. Blighted ovums are NOT rare! :dohh: x x

AFM - Appointment ended up being a bit of a mixed bag. I had a different mw to the one from the beginning to do the scan, she said I was booked into the wrong place and I should be at gynae but she would do the scan anyway, however she wasn't the best to analyse cysts. She did check and ended up getting the Dr who did my eric, so it was nice to see him again. 4cm cyst all gone so that is good. He said we could try again when we are ready - haha like we have been doing all week you mean?

I asked the mw the size of the sac when I had my scans for mc. It measured 7-8 week which is what I thought it might have been.

She also said that my age was going against me (38 next month), that my eggs are not the same as when I was 16 and that I only had about 2 years to get pg. I knew all this but didn't really want to hear it. She also said that a 'blighted ovum' was a one off occurrence and any more is very rare. In my head I was thinking 'not on the B&B site that I visit'!!

One good thing was that if I became pg again I can get a early scan 6-7week self referral by them without having to go through the GP. Bonus. Everyone kept saying it was a one off event, you'll be treated the same as for the first pg so was a bit scared I might have to force an early scan issue or go private.[/QUOTE]

Glad it turned out well in the end fili. I often find crusty doctors are actually quite good at the medicine bit. Fxd this will solve it all for you.

Just out of interest, how on earth did you get a steroid script without having the consultation and diagnosis first? Was that through your GP?

Emum that's FAB news about the CBFM for you :happydance: :happydance:
- i'm just catching up now!

Well I badgered my old ob-gyn into giving me them but he only prescribed 10mg a day based on my last miscarriage's heartrate going up when he randomly put me on them but I started taking 25mg (Dr s's plan) instead.

Hi Lozdi, thanks for thinking of me today. After a miscarriage it's perfectly noraml to have abnormal-ness! It could be down to the progesterone level fluctuating and your womb having a real good clear out so it can be the 5* hotel for next time! It's really easy to get caught up in all the abnormalness though. I was just like that and nothing unusual ever happened to me either but I hope it makes you feel better to know that it's normal :hugs:

Sorry, TMI alert:

Up til the 27th I had random spotting (some days not all) and it ALWAYS was only for one wipe really late, after midnight every time, small amount of light pink. However just now had small pain, went to the bathroom and upon wipe had similar spotting but slightly more quantity, but theres was a really small smudge of really bright red amidst it. This strikes me as odd, especially the bright bit. It really was tiny. All my spotting after the main MMC bleeding stopped was the very precise late at night small amount but this today is more and earlier. I am just wondering if anyone had the same thing, or something similar. My body is like a mystery I am trying to solve!

My cycles have always been super regular at roughly 28 days and I have never before spotted at any point. So all this after MMC random business is really odd to me.

Fili its wonderful you finally know what is wrong, and now you know, it can be sorted! And the doctor sounds like a man who means business I expect you shall have your baby soon! (although he shouldn't knock Dr Google who is a fab doc in its own way as long as you go in clued up like you did!) I went to wash some pots and returned to a wall of posts lol

I have a big grin :thumbup: and now must go finish the cleaning as fella will be back soon and I dont want to be rumbled for lazyness all I have done all day is play and google.

Ickle - sorry you're not feeling well :hugs: :hugs: Glad you took a day off work though. Good that you've not ov'd yet then as you wouldn't want to bd whilst feeling like that and it's probably best to shake the bug first. And this will cheer you up - Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Ammmmmmmmmmmmm is on tomorrow!!!!!! Late though, i'd better record. I do hope the co-pilot and the pretty one get together. Hope you feel better now :hugs: And here's some ER Dr Luka medicine for you :munch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->