Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Well well well... Thought I would do an opk today, (I didn't bother yesterday) expecting it to be bfn as I was convinced I had ov'd at the weekend... Not so!!! A proper, thicker, definite positive. Not like one I have seen before where they were darkish but very thin. This one came up like the control line. So where does that leave me? I'm assuming the crazy temps at the weekend were because my sinus infection flared up again horribly and also the excessive drinking on Saturday. Lord knows what was going on with the opks because I really thought Sundays lines were positive and on Monday there was nothing there at all. So, thank god for emums advice, we dtd last night and will again tonight. Wish I had this morning as well really. So it looks as if our Fertilty Friend was right after all. I've adjusted things a bit, entered today's opk so if I try to temp at the same time for the next few mornings I should get my crosshairs back again on Saturday. Thanks all for the advice.

Good luck to the Ladies With Appointments today!

I awoke today at 6 am due to fella urgeing me to get up with DS, I was not happy lol I am no early riser but the plus point was after dozing on the sofa a couple hours through the letterbox came my basal thermometer that I found on ebay for 2 quid *instant good mood* I was so exited I forgot to POAS so now just willing my bladder to fill up as I'm getting withdrawals. No BD today though as we like to morning BD but NOT at 6 am lol when he got up, he was abit miffed as to why I got up so early, and wouldnt believe that he told me to in his sleep. I think he missed our morning wriggle too! :haha:

I see you ladies have to try to temp at the same time every day for BBT, that will be the hardest for me because I tend to take a sleep in when I can get it. I think I'll pick 8 am for my tempings, thats the earliest I ever set the alarm for and those 6 am get ups are very rare! Fertility friend scares me, I have a graph phobia so will just see how I get on with this graph diary thingy that came with my thermometer!

I sense :dust: its in the very air

Good luck today pinksmarties. Be strong.

First CBFM high for me today. Hope I am on track for peak on Sat/Sun! Temps are bonkers this month so far.

Keeping it all crossed for you Emum!:thumbup:

Well well well... Thought I would do an opk today, (I didn't bother yesterday) expecting it to be bfn as I was convinced I had ov'd at the weekend... Not so!!! A proper, thicker, definite positive. Not like one I have seen before where they were darkish but very thin. This one came up like the control line. So where does that leave me? I'm assuming the crazy temps at the weekend were because my sinus infection flared up again horribly and also the excessive drinking on Saturday. Lord knows what was going on with the opks because I really thought Sundays lines were positive and on Monday there was nothing there at all. So, thank god for emums advice, we dtd last night and will again tonight. Wish I had this morning as well really. So it looks as if our Fertilty Friend was right after all. I've adjusted things a bit, entered today's opk so if I try to temp at the same time for the next few mornings I should get my crosshairs back again on Saturday. Thanks all for the advice.

This is why I POAS minimum of 3 a day even when O is not expected- body can throw a twist into things alright!

Hi moonshadow - hope you have been well.

Emum- yay for the high!! Hopefully bang on time for Sunday (pardon the pun). Have you got your bits waxed yet and sorted out your movie?

Fili - sorry, for some reason I remembered your last appointment was late but thought this one was this morning.

Mrsmig- - I don't know either what is happening with your temps etc. Mine have been pretty consistent but I do adjust when needed. I really hope you have caught your eggie this month.

AFM - Appointment ended up being a bit of a mixed bag. I had a different mw to the one from the beginning to do the scan, she said I was booked into the wrong place and I should be at gynae but she would do the scan anyway, however she wasn't the best to analyse cysts. She did check and ended up getting the Dr who did my eric, so it was nice to see him again. 4cm cyst all gone so that is good. He said we could try again when we are ready - haha like we have been doing all week you mean?

I asked the mw the size of the sac when I had my scans for mc. It measured 7-8 week which is what I thought it might have been.

She also said that my age was going against me (38 next month), that my eggs are not the same as when I was 16 and that I only had about 2 years to get pg. I knew all this but didn't really want to hear it. She also said that a 'blighted ovum' was a one off occurrence and any more is very rare. In my head I was thinking 'not on the B&B site that I visit'!!

One good thing was that if I became pg again I can get a early scan 6-7week self referral by them without having to go through the GP. Bonus. Everyone kept saying it was a one off event, you'll be treated the same as for the first pg so was a bit scared I might have to force an early scan issue or go private.

Good luck to the Ladies With Appointments today!

I awoke today at 6 am due to fella urgeing me to get up with DS, I was not happy lol I am no early riser but the plus point was after dozing on the sofa a couple hours through the letterbox came my basal thermometer that I found on ebay for 2 quid *instant good mood* I was so exited I forgot to POAS so now just willing my bladder to fill up as I'm getting withdrawals. No BD today though as we like to morning BD but NOT at 6 am lol when he got up, he was abit miffed as to why I got up so early, and wouldnt believe that he told me to in his sleep. I think he missed our morning wriggle too! :haha:

I see you ladies have to try to temp at the same time every day for BBT, that will be the hardest for me because I tend to take a sleep in when I can get it. I think I'll pick 8 am for my tempings, thats the earliest I ever set the alarm for and those 6 am get ups are very rare! Fertility friend scares me, I have a graph phobia so will just see how I get on with this graph diary thingy that came with my thermometer!

I sense :dust: its in the very air

Lozdi... honestly it's really easy to use. I was mindblown at first, I read the tutorials (which are great) but thought I am NEVER going to get my head round it. I actually wasn't going to bother, but when I didn't get pregnant straight after my erpc, which I hoped I would, I thought in for a penny and all that. I tend to use FF on my iphone as I don't get a lot of laptop time but either way you do it it's really easy to input the info. As you will see from my last few flailing posts, I am far from being an expert, BUT there are lots of ladies on here who are much better at using it than me and will help you. I am slowly getting my head round it, and with the temping, you don't have to be an early riser because the main thing with it is you MUSTN'T get up! So set your alarm for whatever time suits you to wake up, quickly temp, note the temp and either go back to sleep again or get down to business with your OH!
And what is more, I actually think it is quite good fun and it has taken my mind off grieving for the baby I lost because I actually feel like I am doing something positive. My OH does think I am barking mad, as he just thinks it is as easy as pulling your pants down and having fun at a vaguely appropriate time of the month. But he knows it is making me feel better so he is happy enough.

Hi moonshadow - hope you have been well.

Emum- yay for the high!! Hopefully bang on time for Sunday (pardon the pun). Have you got your bits waxed yet and sorted out your movie?

Fili - sorry, for some reason I remembered your last appointment was late but thought this one was this morning.

Mrsmig- - I don't know either what is happening with your temps etc. Mine have been pretty consistent but I do adjust when needed. I really hope you have caught your eggie this month.

AFM - Appointment ended up being a bit of a mixed bag. I had a different mw to the one from the beginning to do the scan, she said I was booked into the wrong place and I should be at gynae but she would do the scan anyway, however she wasn't the best to analyse cysts. She did check and ended up getting the Dr who did my eric, so it was nice to see him again. 4cm cyst all gone so that is good. He said we could try again when we are ready - haha like we have been doing all week you mean?

I asked the mw the size of the sac when I had my scans for mc. It measured 7-8 week which is what I thought it might have been.

She also said that my age was going against me (38 next month), that my eggs are not the same as when I was 16 and that I only had about 2 years to get pg. I knew all this but didn't really want to hear it. She also said that a 'blighted ovum' was a one off occurrence (any more is very rare). In my head I was thinking 'not on the B&B site that I visit'!!

One good thing was that if I became pg again I can get a early scan 6-7week self referral by them without having to go through the GP. Bonus. Everyone kept saying it was a one off event, you'll be treated the same as for the first pg so was a bit scared I might have to force an early scan issue or go private.

Well Pink thats great news about the scan. I really hoped that I would be offered something like that last time but they said no. I understand you feeling a bit miffed about the comments about your age. Of course you know your eggs are not the same as when you are 16, but as we al know plenty of people go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies in our late 30s and early 40s. Its just that some of us have to work a bit harder at it than others. You hardly needed that spelling out. :growlmad:
I hate the term "Blighted ovum" It is as bad as ERPC.
And FAB news about the cyst. :happydance:

Hmm, I shall try FF then as soon as AF arrives...in the meantime I shall sign up and read the tutorials. After many years of not really paying attention to my cycles I want to KNOW IT ALL! Based on when I think I O'd after the MMC AF is due on the 7th of dec give or take a day. On a frustrating note my computer seems to be trying to make me throw it out the window- it keeps freezing up on me mid word, so annoying and makes a simple post take forever to write.

Pink it sucks that doctors feel the need to point out what you already know, but dont let it bring you down my mum had my youngest brother at 41 and a friend of mine and fellas had twins at 37- they had an african fertility symbol in their house lol they have since got rid of it because the twins made the family up to 6! She had no treatment as far as I know but she has been a vegetarian for a long time maybe that helps? I personally cant live without at least some meat though- one weekly bacon :haha: I'm not sure what affect on fertility being a vegetarian has but the woman looks same age as me and I am 28 so it must be doing some good. I shall have to extensively google vegetarianism and fertility. I need a new google obsession after going through 30 odd google search pages on MMC's

Mrsmig - my epic post preceeded your news. Our bodies are the best at letting us know when ov time is (cm etc) and I am sooo glad you got your super +ve opk! :happydance: I think mine was Monday as that has been the darkest I have seen it but like your others the line was dark but not solid, kind of like a gradient shade. I really wish I had done a digital one just to be sure, even with my CBFM I'd like to see it in the flesh.

Yes I was a bit :growlmad: with the mw about the egg/age thingy. But overall she was quite nice.

Lodzi - FF is fab and easy to use. I am the opposite and love my graphs. I did start a spreadsheet to graph my temps but stopped as FF is better.

I know there are many other ladies of similar or a few years older that have gone on to have successful pg so it does help me stay positive but I have an issue with my age. I don't want to sound vain but I don't think I look my age as other people including my GP has said. I am definite meat eater though so that doesn't help your theory lodzi. :wacko:

Yeah fertility friend is rarely wrong, as long as the date we put into it is as accurate as possible. I've no idea how it works but it does lol!

Hmm, I shall try FF then as soon as AF arrives...in the meantime I shall sign up and read the tutorials. After many years of not really paying attention to my cycles I want to KNOW IT ALL! Based on when I think I O'd after the MMC AF is due on the 7th of dec give or take a day. On a frustrating note my computer seems to be trying to make me throw it out the window- it keeps freezing up on me mid word, so annoying and makes a simple post take forever to write.

I second doing the charting course on FF. It's really good and it takes out the guesswork that there would be with a paper chart. And it's much easier for you to link to your chart so us chart stalkers can look at it :)

AFM - Ended up phoning in sick to work because I feel crap. I think it's just the flu jab yesterday so hoping to feel better soon. I slept all morning, so must've needed it. I'm actually glad now that I didn't get my peak this morning since we've not BD'd. Hoping to tonight so that we can get back on track :)

I would hate to live without meat so I'm glad that is somewhat discredited! I have a vegan friend also who quite literally could pass for 17 at age 32! But she is a very strict vegan, never drank alcohol, never been stressed, never had a pregnancy, never smoked and is a buddhist. She swears by chamomile tea for keeping unstressed but she hasn't had the kind of stresses ladies on here have had. I cant drink chamomile tea I fall asleep before I have finished the cup!

ickle- hope you are feeling better soon. Some people have cold-like symptoms, including headache, runny nose, sore throat, cough and body aches for a day or two after getting the flu jab. You may also get a temperature which might throw off your FF temps.

I don't know if it was the visit to the EPU but I think the OH is feeling the pressure a bit today as I mentioned we need to dtd again tonight (for my second peak). He must think my BBT tells me everything I ever need to know as he doesn't know about the opks and CBFM yet.

I would hate to live without meat so I'm glad that is somewhat discredited! I have a vegan friend also who quite literally could pass for 17 at age 32! But she is a very strict vegan, never drank alcohol, never been stressed, never had a pregnancy, never smoked and is a buddhist. She swears by chamomile tea for keeping unstressed but she hasn't had the kind of stresses ladies on here have had. I cant drink chamomile tea I fall asleep before I have finished the cup!

I like a lot of herbal teas but chamomile was one I just couldn't get used too. I was like sucking wet straw though socks :haha:

I have just started oh and myself on Maca and me on red raspberry leaf anyone had any experience of these? I know there is a big maca thread on here.

Should I wait til a definite CD1 to start charting on FF, and just learn the details til CD1 arrives? Not knowing what my body would do I am treating this first month after the MMC as an observation, taking notes daily. Cant really make a guess on what CD I am on but if the +opk I had was a true + I am 5 dpo.

I have not needed to pee for the last 3 and a half hours and its getting frustrating! How do I POAS if theres no pee??? :wacko:

lodzi - I would get some practice in with the BBT but don't input into FF until AF. I did start half way through my last cycle (1st post mc) and it highlighted when I ov'd (which was good) but it threw all my 'stats' as it now thinks I have a 34 day cycle when I am usually 26/27 and all my expected ov/AF dates are wrong. It might be that after this month it will adjust again I am not sure. Other on here are more learned about FF so they may advise you otherwise.

LOL that actually is an excellent description of strong chamomile tea! I have noo idea yet what maca is (googling is pending on that one) Raspberry leaf tea is brilliant for the uterus however I would stop using it at ovulation. So just from AF to O like EPO. Raspberry' leafs most popular use is to strengthen contractions in labour and its not recommended in pregnancy til the 38th week (some say 36 it depends on the individual and the baby.) I drank it in labour...I also drank it during my hospital stay for the medical management of MMC. I swear by it and will actually be drinking it again during next AF.

This small paragraph just took and AGE to write computer is really struggling going to go restart it else it will be out of the window!

I drank raspberry leaf tea by the galon when approaching my due date with dd, and ended up having a brilliant labour but personally I wouldn't want to drink it under any early pregnancy circumstances. Sorry to hear you have been feeling rubbish Ickle. Hope you feel better soon. Pink, not sure how my OH is going to feel about dtd again either. I think I am putting him off sex for life :-(

MRSMIGG, I suggest that you go through your chart and fix the temps with the white circles as it will confuse things.https://whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php You HAVE to have the same time temp and you have to have at least 3.5 hours sleep preferrably through the night. GL

Hi :wave: LOZDI, sorry for your loss Hun :hugs: so glad that you are doing ok and on to TTC again. :thumbup: to reading this whole thread, wow! You definitely fit right in here! GL FXD!

Hi again MOON! welcome back Hun!

EMUM, yay for your high! :dust:

Hope you are well PINK! :dust:

GL at your appt today FILI!!

AFM...Stalk my chart.... 8DPO, I felt so cold last night, but DW said I felt hot, temp doesn't suggest I was cold. Last day I am tracking temp, don't care to see the numbers drop. No SS to report really. Not sure why, but feeling like I am out.... Well...:shrug: :paper: WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

Reading this whole thread was just as big a part in my healing process as the support from my fella is. I have laughed and cried reading this, and I marvel at how strong you all are! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->