Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi Emum that sounds wonderful and very well timed indeed- glad you had a lovely time!

Mrs Miggins, so far all I have is this comment I found on a forum so far.

"In females 1 of the pair of X chromosomes is switched off. This is an evolutionary requirement for the XX (female) and XY (male) sex determination system which has developed in mammals. This makes it possible for a female to 'carry' a lethal gene as it isn't switched on in 50% of her cells.

A male only has his mother's X chromosome. He gets his Y chromosome from his father. If the mother passes the lethal gene to him he dies."

As above(sorry not sure how to do the whole quote thing) my wife carries this genetic hiccup-the actual condition is known as 46(X)dup(q13-q26)-its so rare there is no name.We found out while she was carrying our daughter Molly who had a heart condition which required them to do a gentic test to see what had caused it and found this instead(the heart condition was in no way linked).Sadly Molly died from the heart problem but we have had two daughters and one miscarriage which we were told was most likley a boy.

See, so rare it has no name.

I really dont think you are unable to carry boys, and the proof will come when you have a small cheeky one flicking food at you and giggling!

I miscarried on Monday (at 9 wks). My scan showed that I had passed everything naturally so didn't need any intervention. Had my 3rd blood test yesterday and am pleased that my hcg levels have dropped significantly so don't need to go back. I've been advised not to start trying until I've had a negative pregnancy test- planning to do one once I've stopped bleeding. My husband and I are emotionally ready to get straight back on it as we had been TTC for 18 months before I fell pregnant for the first time - really hoping it won't take that long again!
So in answer to your question, I have no intention on waiting for first period but know that I am going to have a very tense new year waiting for my period to come ( or not!)

Thanks Lozdi. We shall see!! Fil, tell the therapist to be careful with your lower back area just in case. Whether you tell her why or not doesn't matter but you don't want her giving you a pummelling if you have conceived.

Sorry that you are joining us all crossed. We are a mad lot here, Hope you find some comfort here and that your stay is short for all the right reasons. x

Hi All Crossed, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I can tell you for sure, you have come to the right place. Theres alot of support and positivity here! :hugs:

Now I must go, I have on online wedding to go to, (dont ask lol) then bed!

G'night Ladies :flow:

well girls, i have had so much to catchup on since i was last on!!

Me- got AF yesterday and still havent ordered them ovulation tests!! think ill do that now actually! i am a bit scared about oredering them as im not 100% on how im gna be using them!? :wacko:

Hope everyone is keepin well????

:hugs:

Fili - just wanted to say that since you're on all those meds some of your symptoms might be caused by them. Both my dad and my SIL got major mood swings with steroids, and progesterone is what causes all the pregnancy symptoms too. Hopefully it's not just the drugs and there's a little bean making itself cosy in there though.

Massage sounds lovely! Just make sure they don't use any essential oils that would harm a bean if there is one lol!

Emum - sounds like you had a lovely time. I might have to do the same with DH sometime, it's too easy to watch telly and potter about at home.

All crossed - Sorry for your loss but like others have said you've come to the right place :)

Lozdi - Online wedding? Wtf? I need details!

AFM - I'm knackered! Been so busy with operation christmas, getting the living room organised this weekend. It looks great though. Just one little unit to sort out and that's DH's job. Keeping it this nice for the next 20 days is going to be the hard bit.

Tomorrow's job is a massive pile of ironing that's scaring me, but we've no clean sheets for the bed so it has to get done. I'm going to put on Love Actually while I do it to distract me :)

Temp was a bit disappointing this morning, but DH slept on the sofa again until my alarm to temp went off, so I'm blaming him for me being cooler than normal lol!

Morning all, sorry for being awol yesterday no internet and phone couldnt connect resulting in one very grumpy lady!

Using phone atm do will write more this afternoon.
Emum sounds Lke you had a wonderful time. We are planning a weekend away nezt weekend, but thatll be poas distraction as ill be 10dpo. Hope everyone is okay, chat this pm.

Morning ladies.

I think I've worked out why my temps have been lower - I woke up with no duvet on me. I was cuddled in to it so I must've been too hot during the night. It's bloody freezing just now though, it was -2 on my drive to work, so no idea how I'm getting too hot!

I put in a fake temp for tomorrow, as long as I get over 36.34 I'll get my crosshairs for the 2nd. I've been really emotional this cycle for some reason. I got teary twice at the radio on my way to work - once at the X factor charity single (the bit where JLS and One Direction join in) and the second time was as the dum dum dum bit at the start of Do they know it's Christmas!

Christmas is particularly hard I think. Lots of might have beens, and I suspect we all imagined ourselves round the tree with prominent bump when we got that BFP :( I don't blame you for being emotional.

CBFM peak for me today. :happydance: :happydance: I think combined with my CB positive OPK early yesterday afternoon, I am most likely to ovulate later tonight, so fortunately OH will be back from his trip. Will see what temps do tomorrow and whether they bear out that theory.

Hi ickle- I know what you mean I have been getting teary too, especially yesterday, part of that might have been frustration with no internet.

yay!! Great timing emum! Maybe that is what all the emotions are about. In 2 weeks I would have 20 weeks and getting my scan. I can't decide if I am positve or not about my chances this month. I am finding it difficult to get excited or build up my hopes. It would be lovely to tell my family on Christmas day (if I get a good scan before then.)

Yeah that's true, I hadn't thought of that. It has been at the back of my mind that I should be 8 months pregnant by now.

Yay for your peak! I love seeing the 3 bars and the egg symbol. I showed it to DH cos I was so excited but he just laughed at my excitedness :)

If I do get a BFP this cycle, I'm going to wait until Christmas day to tell my parents, so I've been trying to think of fun ways to tell them. I did think that since I've got all those Clearblue digi's that I could get one of the home made cracker kits and put one in them inside. I'm don't think a used pee stick is the best thing to have on the dinner table though lol!

Pink - I'd die with no internet! I get annoyed when DH is on the xbox and takes up all the bandwidth!

Good Morning my lovely B&B friends :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend...

Emum, its sounds like things have been timed perfectly for you this month. I'm soooo hoping all your ahem 'hard work' will pay off for your xmas BFP :happydance:

Fil, when I was pregnant with my son and with the twins this time I was very dizzy - to the point that this time I collapsed on my honeymoon with the extreme dizziness. I also suffered with an achy right hip and thigh in both too. So fxd these are good signs for you to get that BFP and not an effect of the meds :winkwink:

Ickle, I hope you temp is above for you tomorrow and those cross hairs appear - you will officially be in the TTW then eeek!

I have a bloody good feeling that a lot of you ladies will get your BFP this month - I am praying that you all do (not that I'm hugely religious but I'm sure every little prayer helps) :)

All crossed - I'm so sorry you have had to join here, but as all the other ladies have said you are most defiantly in the right place :hugs:

Tara - Yey for AF :happydance: I really hope this is your month too. I know you have prob already said but how long has it been since your MC? And was it natural? I only ask as I'm still waiting for AF to arrive and getting really impatient now :growlmad:

Lodzi - what a deal on your opks :)

Pink - sending you a great big :hugs: its wired how we never forget how far along we all would have been and I totally agree that it makes it all that much harder with xmas approaching :hugs:

AFM - STILL waiting for the :witch: to arrive. I was sure she was on her way over the weekend but no such sign as yet :growlmad: I want to get on the TTC train and know what my body is up to. I had a faint pos on an opk yesterday did one just for fun :haha:

xx

Morning all! Ickle I'm loving the idea of a clearblue digi cracker! I have been irritable rather than emotional this last couple of days but I do think Christmas is tricky. Like Emum, I was imagining myself wistfully avoiding the mulled wine, but not minding really! I should have either been spending Christmas with edie's new brother or sister, or like Pink, a nice 20 week bump. Both not to be.
Sounds like you are on track this month Emum, fxd!
Pink, wondered where you were yesterday!
Ickle, looks like you are doing ok too especially if you have been laying there freezing at night. Hopefully you have caught the egg.
Fil, enjoy the massage!
Faye, louby, Loz, hi!
Afm, got my crosshairs this morning! Ff reckons I ov'd on Friday, I was sure it was Thursday as I was getting positive opks Wednesday and Thursday, not that I am too fussed. Let the symptom spotting commence! I am suprised to find that I have ovulated a LOT later in the cycle than I thought I did, which will help me in future months of ttc. If I don't get my bfp this month I will be interested to see what my next cycle does. OH wanted sex last night and it was nice to do it for fun, without having to shove a pillow under my bum afterwards.

Just had a meltdown at work, definitely emotional atm. I thought I was off between christmas and new year but have just found out that I am working. I think it can be changed but for some reason it hit me hard. I was looking at 5/6/7 week scans on FF (strangely the only site I can access at home just now) so maybe that is not helping.

Hugs for you Pink. I hope you manage to change it. I can't look at scan pictures. Occasionally I venture into the pregnancy forums on here but I soon run screaming for the hills.
Here is a TMI alert. Yesterday I seemed to produce absolutely MONKEYLOADS of cm.
Is this normal after ov? I wasnt sure if it was because I had a bit of thrush from the antibiotics although that is starting to clear up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->