Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Sarah-anne - So sorry for your loss.

If there's no medical reason to wait, it's really up to when you feel emotionally ready. One thing I would suggest is to keep testing until you get a negative HPT because you won't ovulate until your HCG levels get back to normal. Oh and wait until you've stopped bleeding to BD because of the risk of infection.

Your first cycle after a m/c can be longer or shorter than normal. Some women ovulate straight away, some after a few weeks, some not at all, so there's no normal. Do you chart your BBT?

Hi Sarah Anne just as ickle says and so sorry for your loss x x x

Sarah-anne - So sorry for your loss.

If there's no medical reason to wait, it's really up to when you feel emotionally ready. One thing I would suggest is to keep testing until you get a negative HPT because you won't ovulate until your HCG levels get back to normal. Oh and wait until you've stopped bleeding to BD because of the risk of infection.

Your first cycle after a m/c can be longer or shorter than normal. Some women ovulate straight away, some after a few weeks, some not at all, so there's no normal. Do you chart your BBT?

Thanks ickle pand.

I do feel emotionally ready. Don't get me wrong - I'm still grieving for my little angel. I just feel ready to move on and try to get past this.

If my HCG levels were 40 when I found out I was pregnant and 25 last Wednesday when I miscarried, should they be back down to normal by now?

I have stopped bleeding from the miscarriage and am now just wiping a little bit of orange every now and then.

I do chart my BBT and so far it's a bit higher than usual this cycle. I am usually low to mid 35s before ovulation, then increase to low 36s, and when I found out I was pregnant, I was having high 36s. So far this cycle, I'm low to mid 36s still.

Easiest way to check your HCG levels have reduced is to do a HPT. A FRER would be good as the cut off point for them is 12.5 mui which is pretty sensitive. Other brands tend to be 20 mui. Most women whether pregnant or not will have some HCG in their system. Anything up to 5 is considered normal, so you don't need to get to zero for your system to kick start.

AFM - hubby is back tonight. Hurray! And we have had builders in for the last 3 months but they finished today, so we are able to move back into our newly decorated bedroom tonight, and it looks absolutely amazing, if I say so myself. Am hoping this will really get OH in the mood, as it is very romantic now without being overly girly. Our decorator brought his 23 year old daughter round to see it this afternoon, and she claimed it looked like a princess's bedroom lol

Hi Sarah Anne, I'm so sorry for your loss, and you are nit alone! Theres is wonderful support here. :hugs::flow:

This thread moves very fast these days, compared to months prior, so I am just stopping in as I know there are a few of you that I keep in contact with here and not on other threads. Been feeling a little pushed out lately as I get further away from "straight after"...

Good Luck to you all, hope you get a quick BFP! :dust:

Quick Update...Busy, tiring weekend for me, and AF has come a little earlier than normal(after MC) so I am a little down (total meltdown to DW yesterday!), but hanging in. As I mentioned, because we cannot do this the traditional way, I likely will not be testing until Jan/Feb.. :sad1: But I am here for my testing threads!! Dec, Jan, and Feb going now! (links on each thread)Let's get these BFPs rolling ladies:dust:

Hi Mrs MM, good to see you and thanks for popping in. A lot of us are no longer straight after mc but we can't tear ourselves away from here now! Maybe we should just set up a "miscarriage survivors" thread! Sorry to hear the witch got you. Sending love.
Sarah Anne, welcome. Sorry to hear of your loss but you are in the right place. Prepare to wee on a great many sticks :)

Oh I am sorry its back to CD1 Mrs MM. I had hoped this was the month for you, as better one of us got our BFP than neither! Though with your slightly longer cycles, we no longer seem to be even close to cycle buddies.

Don't feel pushed out unless you want to be IYKWIM. This is the only B and B thread I post on, or read, and I am now on my fourth cycle post loss. And don't leave us completely, as you are one of the chart gurus I look to when stumped!

Don't feel left out mrsmm we are all here for you. So sorry this month didn't work out for you x x x x

Does anyone know if extreme thirst is a pregnancy symptom? Yada yada yada... Yeah right. Does anyone know if suddenly liking the colour green is a pregnancy symptom.. I should just quit now shouldn't I?

Emum your bedroom sounds perfect for baby making!!! Bet youre glad the builders are out now... Phew

Fil I do feel your pain. My best friend always says that your tongue should turn blue when you conceive. I am not going to test until next Thursday. No, honest. I'm not.

Sarah-anne - sorry for your loss and welcome. My advice is the same as what the others have said. We are very supportive and are here for each other.

MrsMM - sorry that the witch arrived. I was really hoping this was your month. Please don't feel you have to leave, I am not going anywhere not matter how long it takes. This thread keeps me going.

Fili - I am glad you enjoyed your massage, if me and the oh go away this weekend I plan to surprise him with a real massage (i.e. not from me!)

Emum - your bedroom sounds wonderful. It makes such a difference when you have somewhere relaxing and gorgeous to be in.

Mrsmig - how have you been today?

No internet when I got home but I mucked about with the router setting and can now get B&B - BIG YAY albeit very slowly. Just realised can't see FF now - bugger

Does anyone know if extreme thirst is a pregnancy symptom? Yada yada yada... Yeah right. Does anyone know if suddenly liking the colour green is a pregnancy symptom.. I should just quit now shouldn't I?

Emum your bedroom sounds perfect for baby making!!! Bet youre glad the builders are out now... Phew

Fil I do feel your pain. My best friend always says that your tongue should turn blue when you conceive. I am not going to test until next Thursday. No, honest. I'm not.

I just checked in the mirror and no it's not blue :nope: :haha:

hello ladies I know I have been awol for a while been at work and xmas shopping. Been good to take my mind off things.

Pink I feel your pain with regards to working over xmas I am working xmas day the price I have to pay for having the last 2. I asked to work a late shift so at least I can watch dd open her pressies and have dinner with the family before work. I will be testing right around xmas depending when I ov.

Hope we all get our dec bfps extra special xmas pressies.

It makes me smile reading the ticker under your posts saying "6 days to go until testing" Yeah RIGHT!!!

Hi PinkyPonk!! I'm good thanks, getting excited about my FF pregnancy monitor. Tongue isn't blue though. Pleased you are back with us! I don't know about you, but if I don't get a bfp this month I am quite looking forward to seeing what my next chart brings. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be going through it for months, but it usually takes me 4 cycles to get pregnant.

Hi debzie - Thanks, I think it will get changed as my boss is already jumping up and down about how much leave I have left and extra study (for the Saturday course) I need to get back. On the paper off duty I was not working so I am hoping it was just a mistake. Shame about you having to work xmas late but like you said you get to see the enjoyment of your daughter opening her presents!

Fili my tongue is black, does that mean anything? Or is it just the licorice allsorts I have just eaten. Damn these SS:haha:

Hi Debzie, nice to see you. Really hope you get to see DD open her presents.

Mrsmig- i know what you mean about getting into the charts, its quite addictive. I keep looking at mine (was the only site I could see yesterday) don't know why, its not going to have changed in the last 15 minutes since I looked at it!!

Had another blub tonight. I know this 2ww is horrible for everyone but the first 2 weeks or so you have something to focus on, the feeling you are 'doing' something proactive and that helps me stay positive. Whereas after ov you just have to wait and the powerlessness is so difficult for me to cope with. OH was asking why I was upset but it is hard for me to explain to him sometimes. He see the happy, smiley, laughing me and (seemingly) its like he has forgotten what has happened. Sorry for the sad posts just needed to get it out,

ok so what is FF???? and do i need to be a part of it? lol

Finally 2day AF is not as bad as it was sat and yday! :)

fil, u can all me anythin u want after all that advice u gave, i am super excited about all these sticks to pee on! the one thing thats worring me is if im not sure u said to post it on here? i have no idea how to get a pic on here, but im sure when/if the time cums someone can explain!

Sarah-anne welcome and so sorry for ur loss! I am recently new to this thread also and i think it is great, the ladies on here sure help keep me sane and make me smile for the first time all day! they really helped cheer me up when i had got myself stuck in a rut and also made me see the positives of tryn again and gave my confidence back! God u ladies really sud be proud of all them lovely things u did for me!! :hugs:

Emum- u have made me very jealous of ur new bedroom, how cosy in the middle of winter! itl be perfect for the baby making to commence!

Pink and Debzie - i am also workin over xmas, the only good thing is that im not actually workin xmas day, workin xmas eve and boxing day and every other day surrounding! makes me sad, i dont wana do it, esp wen my DH who works away all year round will be at home, off for 3weeks over xmas hols and ill be bloody stuck in work! Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!

:dust:

Tara -FF is Fertility Friend where we input our basal body temperatures (BBT) over the month to show when we ov.

I just realised if AF shows I think my fertile time/ov will be right over Christmas. Might make thing interesting staying at mums!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->