Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Aw Pink. I do know what you mean. I'm not feeling that so much this time - probably because I'm not expecting my next pregnancy to actually result in a baby. But I felt that way very much after the first mc. You just want it back so badly. Although I actually think that I'm using the charting to kind of take my mind of the mc and I haven't totally dealt with it yet. It's so bloody hard. It's still such early days though, what is it, 6 weeks since the loss? In terms of the rest of our lives - because we are never going to forget what happened are we - 6 weeks is absolutely nothing. So be easy on yourself and allow yourself to feel like this. After my first mc each 2ww was agony. The mc was on the 4th April, I got my next bfp on the 6th September and it seemed like an eternity. I don't know about you but I struggled for a few months really. I took it out on my friends and my partner and I became a not very pleasant person to be around. But I did get back to my old self. We are all here for you when it gets hard.:hugs:

Am I the only one who can eat and eat and way and not feel full in the 2WW? I'm cramping lots. Hoping it's very early implantation lol! Is it too early to test?

Hi Tara. FF is as addictive as the poas obsession! Get stuck in, it will really help you get to know your cycle. You need a basal thermometer. You can get them off amazon for a couple of quid.

I just realised if AF shows I think my fertile time/ov will be right over Christmas. Might make thing interesting staying at mums!!

:haha: :haha: just reminded me! My last child was born at the end of September and my 80 year old mum who has never ever spoken about sex to me in her life, asked me outright if he was conceived when we were visiting her over Christmas.

To put this in complete context, the sum total of my sex education at home was being told at age 18 when leaving to go to university. "be careful of drinking cider. It is very potent and english boys aren't to be trusted" :haha: My husband and I have been married for 22 years and she still makes us sleep in separate beds when we visit, though in the same room since we got married thankfully!

FF is more addictive than chocolate but I love it. I'm actually going to miss it when I get pregnant again!

Emum- love it!! I hope you did stay off that cider! Ickle - it's never too early to test.
One of my cycles between my 2 mcs I thought I was fertile the week we happened to be sharing a caravan in Filey with my mum and her partner. Awkwaaaard!!!!

Emum - so funny!! I got a bit more info than that but the main one was to 'keep your hand on your ha'penny'

There used to be a band in Lancashire (where I'm from) called The Fivepenny Piece that did a song about that, it's on you tube. I'd link it but can't access you tube atm

Mrsmig- ooww definitely worse in the caravan! Did you go out for 'long walks'?

No, we just tried to do it as quietly as possible! We had been to the pub though so I doubt we were quiet at all. Oh, the horror.

what is BBT? and what good is it or maybe i sud just stick to the ovulation sticks?????? ahhhhhhh HELP!!!!!

Pinkyponk I feel just like you, I'm sharing your pain and lack of control this week. Let's just cry together, I'm not going to pretend to be strong crying is good x x x x x x x

Tearaway we will guide you through posting a pic, ickle is you temping goddess x x x

Ooo I like being called temping goddess! Lol!

Bbt is your basal body temperature. It rises after ovulation so tracking it is a good way to see if your ovulating or not. You have to check it first thing in the morning, before you get out of bed or speak and it has to be taken at the same time everyday plus or minus half an hour and after at least 3 hours of continuous sleep. Obviously you'd have odd days where this doesn't happen but thats what you should aim for.

Most women use Fertility Friend for charting. It's a great site and has a charting course which teaches you everything you need to know. You can also add in your OPK results, fertility monitor readings, CM, CP and heaps of other info and it reads it altogether with your temperature. I used it for years without taking my temperatures, just to keep track of my cycle lengths. And there's an OPK only mode, if you can't temp for whatever reason.

OPK's are good if they work for you, but some women, like me who has PCOS, might find you have multiple surges of lutenising hormone (LH) without actually ovulating. So I could get a positive and BD like mad and then stop testing, because I think I've ovulated and then maybe start testing and thinking I'm late, when I've not ovulated yet. So I don't use them. I do use a CBFM though because it tests for 2 different hormones. They're not cheap, but you can find them on eBay for half the price in the shops.

Anyway, I've written a wee novel now. Click on the fertility friend ticker in my signature and that'll take you to my charts so you can have a nosy. The first one is all of them on one chart so I can compare but just ignore it and scroll further down.

HTH

Afm - feeling ill again :( woke up at 3am roasting hot but tried to stick it out. DH tried to give me a cuddle but he gives off heat like a furnace! I got my temp rise and crosshairs but after the broken sleep, it's probably not accurate.

Pinkyponk I feel just like you, I'm sharing your pain and lack of control this week. Let's just cry together, I'm not going to pretend to be strong crying is good x x x x x x x

:hugs::hugs: Hoping today is a little better. Your temp increases are looking good!!

Morning all

Ickle - how are you with all the snow, has it got your way? Its still okay here hasn't really got past perthshire. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Morning everyone, well it's my recurrent miscarriage clinc day today. I could be gone for most of the day but I'll update when I get back. Hope everyone is ok x x x

Morning ladies! Hope it goes well at the clinic today Fil, and hope you and Pink are both feeling brighter today. Work today for me, and we are going out to do a Christmas event at one of the local secondary schools this evening where I think I am doing make up demos, so I will be busy too. Temp dipped a lot today, but still over the cover line and today's temp was a more accurate one. Not sure what it means if they dip back below the cover line?

Ickle - how are you with all the snow, has it got your way? Its still okay here hasn't really got past perthshire. Hope you are feeling better soon.

There's only snow on the hills here thankfully, although it was -4 this morning. There's snow in Fife and Inverness my mates tell me though so no doubt it'll close in soon.

Morning everyone, well it's my recurrent miscarriage clinc day today. I could be gone for most of the day but I'll update when I get back. Hope everyone is ok x x x

Good luck with the clinic.

Morning ladies! Hope it goes well at the clinic today Fil, and hope you and Pink are both feeling brighter today. Work today for me, and we are going out to do a Christmas event at one of the local secondary schools this evening where I think I am doing make up demos, so I will be busy too. Temp dipped a lot today, but still over the cover line and today's temp was a more accurate one. Not sure what it means if they dip back below the cover line?

That sounds like a fun evening!

You get a surge of oestrogen at about 4 or 5 DPO that can bring down your temps so it's probably just that. A drop below the coverline is ok as long as it doesn't stay down. If it stays down early in the 2ww, there's a chance you didn't ov and FF might take your crosshairs away, but don't worry about that unless it happens. Low temps at the end of the 2ww mean that AF's probably on her way.

Good morning ladies!

Fili, for me, extreme, and I mean EXTREME thirst was the first pregnancy symptom in my last pregnancy. I cant remember with my boys about early thirst, but I craved ice with both of those! Last pg, I was wondering why I was so bloomin thirsty for about a week before the BFP.

I still have a cold!! Its really mild though, it cant get harsh because I am blasting it with home made soup and fresh fruit juice and multivits!

I'm bored of AF now, going to throw myself into sorting the house out and working on ebay as a distraction.

I fell asleep in front of the computer quite early last night, fella had to wake me up and send me to bed!

Thanks Temping Goddess! And woo hoo Loz, welcome to Poas central! We hope your stay here will be a happy one!!

Morning everyone :)
Fil good luck today I hope you appointment goes well.
I hope everyone is feeling a little better than yesterday :hugs:
Yey for the arrival of you opks Lodzi!!

Nothing to report my end really. Apart from I seem to have very veiny boobs large nipples today which is one of my first signs of pregnancy (not that I think I can be pregnant though so I don't know why they are so damn huge today :haha:).
I said to the hubby this morning 'Look, what do these look like to you?' His reply 'Burgers' :rofl: I was expecting him to say your prego nips, but hey Burgers will have to do haha!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"