Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

OMG I've just googled it and your absolutely right!! It says after MC and birth you should have the injection as not having it can cause complications with future pregnancies NOOOOO!!!
I am going to get on the blower to my GP straight after work and see what they say xx

Maybe since you've had it once already your covered. Definitely worth checking with the doc though.

OMG I've just googled it and your absolutely right!! It says after MC and birth you should have the injection as not having it can cause complications with future pregnancies NOOOOO!!!
I am going to get on the blower to my GP straight after work and see what they say xx

Absolutely! Let me know what they say!

If by some miracle we do get pregnant right away and my AF doesn't show, how will I know when to test?

That's where temping helps, because it confirms ovulation so you know to expect AF approximately 14 days later.

Lozdi - Wow! I'm usually really cynical about stuff like that but I'm really amazed by the accuracy. I'm still not going to try it though.

Back from the clinic! They just did an internal scan and took bloods at this stage. BUT the sonographer first told me I ovulated from my left and then said oh no it's your right, that looks newer! Could it be I ovulated from both?? Does anyone know? Also I have some fluid in there and last time I was pregnant I did too! Does anyone thing these are good signs? X x

Ickle I'm glad you are going to leave such things alone, I learned the hard way I wouldnt want anyone else doing so.

Lodzi, I feel the same as Ickle. I'm super cynical with things like that but very strange on the accuracy :wacko:

Thank you for sharing, I must admit though Its defiantly not for me xx

Welcome back Fili! Ovary mystery eh? Mine are a complete mystery to me! What does an ovary look like on a scan when its just O'd? I have no idea about the fluid im afraid...but as you said before, once you TTC it doesnt take long to catch an eggy so high chance that you caught it this time!

I apparently 'still' have a cyst on my right Ovary according to sono at the after MMC scan. Dunno where she got 'still' from I wasn;t told it was there to begin with. I have never before had a cyst spotted on scan til then! Weird or what lol

Its the accuracy that has put me off- if I was to use it during my next pregnancy, it would still be open to manipulation from my subconscious, but with the past accuracy proved with the outcome of the pregnancy, I would think whatever it said was accurate, even if it had been influenced, if you know what I mean. Pendulum to me is now up there with smoking and alcohol. NOT for use during pregnancy!

Back from the clinic! They just did an internal scan and took bloods at this stage. BUT the sonographer first told me I ovulated from my left and then said oh no it's your right, that looks newer! Could it be I ovulated from both?? Does anyone know? Also I have some fluid in there and last time I was pregnant I did too! Does anyone thing these are good signs? X x

Hi Fil, glad your appointment went well! Just think if you did ov from both that could mean TWINS :thumbup: (I think)!
I have no idea with regards to fluid etc but if that's what happened last time you were pregnant it sounds pretty promising fxd this is your month :dust::dust::dust:

Fili - Where is the fluid? I know that when the follicle ruptures from the ovary that some fluid is released that contains the egg. Maybe that's what they meant. I'd think that if you ovulated from both ovaries that they'd be at the same time since I think that the raised progesterone levels suppress ovulation - which is one of the reasons you don't ovulate when you're pregnant.

AFM - I'm feeling really bloated and my ovaries are aching this afternoon :( Hoping this is a good thing though. Still dying to POAS but I'm resisting. I'll hold out until Friday I think. I might just organise my tests tonight - is it sad that I like looking at them all?

If by some miracle we do get pregnant right away and my AF doesn't show, how will I know when to test?

That's where temping helps, because it confirms ovulation so you know to expect AF approximately 14 days later.

Sounds good. I've been temping and my temperature has been high, but I just stopped bleeding on Sunday and it's starting to go back down to where it usually is before ovulation. So I should expect AF 14 days or so after my BBT chart shows that I ovulated and if I don't start AF within 17 days, I should test, right?

Loubyloumum - Doctor just called and said that they talked to an obstetrician and I don't need to go in and get the shot. Not sure why, but an obstetrician would know best, so I shouldn't question it, right?

Yeah that sounds right, although you'll find that most of us on this thread are POAS-aholics and start testing at about 7 or 8DPO, and even earlier in Filipenko's case lol!

I do that too Ickle :haha: I have the fade in positive OPK series i got after the MMC taped into the back of what will be my OPK book! Feels a bit weird looking at something and thinking with no small amount of pride 'I peed on that!'

I start OPK's again after 5 days of AF. I'll whittle down the amount of days I POAS but not until I know my cycle better. I CANT WAIT TO POAS I might just go do it for the sake of it!

sarah, I'm not rh- but isn't it that you only need to have the shot once then you're covered for future pregnancies :shrug: maybe I'm making it up :blush:

Morning everyone :)
Fil good luck today I hope you appointment goes well.
I hope everyone is feeling a little better than yesterday :hugs:
Yey for the arrival of you opks Lodzi!!

Nothing to report my end really. Apart from I seem to have very veiny boobs large nipples today which is one of my first signs of pregnancy (not that I think I can be pregnant though so I don't know why they are so damn huge today :haha:).
I said to the hubby this morning 'Look, what do these look like to you?' His reply 'Burgers' :rofl: I was expecting him to say your prego nips, but hey Burgers will have to do haha!

xxx

Burgers haha!

Burgers! Hahahaha!

(Now I want a burger)

With my new OPK's and old OPK's I now have 75 sticks to pee on. Will commence POAS when AF leaves, which should be in 2 or 3 days.

I should be 17 weeks this week. Feels weird.

Now you're really in the poas club loz!

I have angry and frustrated feelings about my booking appointment. I asked the midwife then, do they listen for a heartbeat, and she said well no because its not always heard and can cause panic. The irony is, at my 8 week booking appointment, my baby was already dead, and there would have been no heartbeat. And panic. And a diagnosis of MMC ONE WHOLE MONTH earlier than what actually occurred. I think at my next booking appointment, the midwife will find me to be the absolute patient from HELL. I have been told by one of the nurses who looked after me during the medical that next time I get pregnant to bypass the gp system and call them for a reassurance scan.

I understand the need to make the standard booking appointment at 8 weeks, the midwife even explained its because a lot of losses occure before 8 weeks but they obviously dont count a MMC as a posibility. I have seen how much small portable ultrasound scans cost, and its less than a grand. Would it kill them to have them at booking clinics??? GAH! This is an area of soreness for me...can you tell? :haha: Heck, I'd fund raise for it myself! I might actually have a word, and see if its a possibility! They could even get one and do small 'take a peek scans' at the bookings and also for pregnant women at any stage but maybe charge them a fiver a scan if its just to see the baby and not for a medical reason. That would recoup the costs in less than a year. I need a job high up in the medical finances area!

That's just terrible! I just can't believe that, it just makes me shiver with rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocking news for us last night, so advice needed please ladies.

DH got home from his business trip around 9.30, got out of the cab outside our house and saw 3 men peering through our kitchen window obviously trying to break in. Being the have a go hero that he is, he confronted them and got quite badly beaten up for his pains. Was knocked to the ground and kicked several times in the head :( He's been checked out by A and E and no lasting damage, just need to be careful and follow head injuries protocol for next few days.

Now obviously, this put more than a dampner on our BD plans last night and probably tonight too. Just wondering where people think we stand. I had positive OPK and EWCM on Sunday and we BDd am and pm. Had first CBFM peak yesterday but CM was thick and creamy (dare I say even lumpy!) and obviously no BDing yesterday. Second Peak today and temp was up a bit this morning but don't know if it is up enough to signify OV as my early temps this month were really erratic. Might we still be in with a chance do you think or has the ship sailed for this month.

Don't mean this to sound heartless as obviously I am very worried about DH and shocked about what happened, but also quite focussed on our TTC journey and this happened at exactly the wrong time in the month.

Emum, I'm so sorry, that must have been truly terrifying and your poor dh, but you must be shaken up a lot too x x x x x x with regards to ttc I think it looks as though you have it covered but obviously the more bd the better but its definitely not like youve missed the boat at all!! Do you think Xmas time means more people go out and steal? So sorry, hope your dh makes a full recovery x x x
Louby the pendulum incident was quite a saga, I'll hold off telling til I have heard from all if they do or dont want to hear it. If opinion is mixed i'll private message it to those who want to know. Oh and I wont tell you unless you swear to not use one! I'm all for sharing info, but I'm against freaking people out and potetially causing them turmoil in their next pregnancy. The pendulum incident might not be helpful info, but I found it interesting. I probably wont pick one up during my next pregnancy.
I want to know!!!

Welcome back Fili! Ovary mystery eh? Mine are a complete mystery to me! What does an ovary look like on a scan when its just O'd? I have no idea about the fluid im afraid...but as you said before, once you TTC it doesnt take long to catch an eggy so high chance that you caught it this time!

I apparently 'still' have a cyst on my right Ovary according to sono at the after MMC scan. Dunno where she got 'still' from I wasn;t told it was there to begin with. I have never before had a cyst spotted on scan til then! Weird or what lol
Thanks loz, I think normal cysts like corpus lueums can last a while and it's normal x x x

Yes I would think they should know sarah_anne so if they say you don't need they must be right. I will also give my docs a call after work and see what they say - I will let you know :)

Thanks ickle, I don't know where the fluid was and that makes sense about them going at the same time, she just said one looked newer so in the end he wasn't sure which side I'd ovulated from, mrs migg would not have like this scan!

Ickle I like looking at all my tests too, I stare at them until I am hypnotised lol, ovary ache sounds good, you should be hpt testing now tho, tut tut, four days past and no test? Tut tut ickle! I will expel you from my testing school if that behaviour carries on.

Here is what wikipedia has to say on the RH issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh_disease

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"