Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hope you get it sorted Tara! Twinkle temping is a Lozdism for temping vaginally rather than orally! Ha ha!

Morning ladies!
Quick question, is it normal for your first af after mc to be so different to usual?? I used to be a 5 day girl, not really heavy at all but consistant for 4 days then just the tail end on the 5th day. This cycle i've been used pads so I can check whats going on, and there's just one spot there from this morning so far. After yesterday when it was practically gushing, I'm quite shocked. Do you think this was actually my af, or not? :shrug:
btw, loving these christmas smilies :xmas7:

Speak of the devil, and I'm at yout elbow!

Love how Twinkle Temping is catching on!

Water dreams are associated with pregnancy Mrs Miggins, maybe weather and fish are too, heres hoping! Afterall, both weather and fish do require a water involvement.

Pink that dream sounds so upsetting, but you have a point about the rl wetness possibly prompting it. Mind and body is VERY connected during sleep, so much so I shall tell you a story of when I was about 6. Your going to love this!

I was 6, asleep, and dreaming. In my dream I saw the house of the three bears, I was goldylocks. I went in, saw that the bears where out, and there was porridge on the table. I wasn't interested in the porridge but went up the stairs and found the bathroom, intent on using the throne. My dream self sat on the throne and was about to wee......then I woke up about to wet the bed. At age 6, the ONLY way my mind would allow me to wet the bed was to attempt to trick me into thinking I was on the throne! I made it to the RL toilet, luckily! But I have never forgotten that dream lol

auntylolo - That's completely normal. Some women have heavier AF's by mine was much lighter for a good few months. I think it can take a while for the lining to build back up to what it was pre-mc.

Morning Lolo, how long has it been since the MC? (sorry if you have said I'm only on my first cup of tea, not quite with it yet) and did you have a scan after?

Mine has been same volume as before the MMC, but the blood is redder. How long it will last remains to be seen its not halting yet. Everey after MC AF is different, good job we have somewhere to compare them!

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, sorry to everyone for your losses. I have read your posts and think you are such a strong and inspiring group of ladies. Big cuddles to you all!

This is my first post and I am hoping I can join you? I could really do with a little support from people who understand what I'm feeling right now and from reading your posts you all seem like a very supportive bunch!

I discovered I was pregnant Sunday 26th Nov and myself and my BF were both surprised and delighted as I had only come off depo in June having been on it for 10 years and had been warned by the Dr that it would take approx 18 months - 2 years to conceive. I'd only had one period and it was when the 2nd one didn't arrive that I thought to take a HPT. We were over the moon as were my very close family who we shared the news with.

I would have been 6 weeks along today but unfortunately I started bleeding heavily on Saturday and it just appears to be stopping now. It wasn't entirely unexpected as I had a feeling in my heart that something wasn't right but when it actually did happen it was still a massive shock and I am absolutely devastated.

I discovered the bleeding just as I was about to leave the house for work so ended up taking a few days off work as I was in such a state. I can't seem to stop crying and I feel so empty, like my body has let me down.

It has actually surprised me how heartbroken I am and I feel a bit foolish for letting myself get carried away with my hopes and dreams so early on.

I read with tears in my eyes all the stories about how much worse others have had it with missed miscarriages and stillbirths and I know that compared to them I have not had such a rough time so I feel a bit daft really even posting this. It just seems that everyone around me although very loving and supportive just haven't been through this and don't understand why I am not focusing on the positives (I conceived so soon after depo, it was early on, etc) but I know that I will only feel better when I get pregnant again.

I was very relaxed about TTC previously but now it's all I can think about! I am just waiting for my negative HPT so we can start trying again. I am worried I may become a little obsessed but I'm sure my BF wont mind!

Phew! Sorry for such a long post, I just needed to get it off my chest!

Lots of love to all of you. xx

Hi Curly Girly, firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss, and you must never feel that you are being silly just because others have lost further along and such- every woman has an immediate attachment and love when she finds out she is to have a child, and to lose that is devastating, and that goes for any stage of a pregnancy. You will find a ton of support here, as I did, and many others! Plus there is no such thing as 'too much info'

Its still very early days after your loss, no one should yet be expecting you to be much uplifted by the 'positives' you must first deal with the negative feelings you undoubtedly have. As far as I'm concerned people who havent gone through the same thing should only ever say 'I'm sorry for your loss' and not tell you how you should feel. Their love and support is what you need, not advice at this point! For that you come here, we have Fertility Friend experts, and a POAS expert, and every single lady here knows exactly how you feel. :hugs::flow:

Hi Curly!!

Welcome and sorry for ur loss! this is the best place to be, i have only recently joined these lovely ladies and they are such a great help and support! and GREAT at giving advice! I hope u find some comfort here! :hugs: i know that feeling as im sure we all do here but it will start to fade a bit and coming here was def the right thing to do!

auntylolo - my AF is still here from sat and it was extremely heavy, i couldnt have stood up or walked to the kitchen without a gush, horrible, it is starting to calm down a bit now tho and i did notice that it went from real gushing to just a lil drippin and mostly wen i wipe! also it was bright red too! (sorry tmi)

Is twinkle temping best??? i got my amazon fixed and therm is dispatched for next day delivery! happy girl here!
:hugs:

Good Monring Ladies :)

Curly Girly, I'm so sorry you have found yourself here :hugs: but the ladies on this thread offer heaps of support, knowledge and advice whenever you need it.
Please don't ever feel stupid or think that your loss is any less important than any other womans. Just as Lodzi said as soon as we saw our BFP we feel on overwhelming amount of immediate love for that child/children - more than we probably thought at the time.

Feel free to rant on your down days here and get everything off your chest - I have done that many a time as everyone here totally understands all the different feelings and emotion that come our way. What I learnt from this thread is that it is very important to grieve for our losses.

Before you know it you will be a charting addict and with Fili's help a POASaholic :haha:

Hope everyone is well today?

AFM: STILL waiting for AF (i know I sound like a broken record so apologies :haha:) Its 5 weeks today since MC though so hoping she is just round the corner. However my temp is still slightly up - should I see a dip just ahead of AF?

In my opinion, yes twinkle is best, it certainly is for me. My oral temps are all over the place, twinkle ones are much more consistent. I'm making a paper graph over this cycle of both T and O temps, and will post it at end to demonstrate the fluctuations. Science experiment!

Hi Louby...I always feel slightly too hot the couple days before AF, mayhap yours is very imminent! Fingers crossed, and toes, and eyes!

Aunty lo (I keep wanting to put antelope by the way), as the other ladies said, all completely normal and almost certainly your AF. My AF after my first miscarriage (natural) was very heavy, painful and clotty. The one after my second (where I had the Eric, or erpc as it is actually known in medical terms :-D) was a lot lighter, however it returned again for a day or two a week or so later). You do right to use pads though.
Tara, twinkle temping is better as it is more consistent and more accurate. Your oral temps can vary if you breathe through your mouth when you sleep. I snore like a drunk warthog so mine are probably way off!
Curly, welcome to the fold! Sorry to hear of your loss. As Loz said, don't belittle how you feel after this loss. Yes, others have gone through different experiences but it doesn't lessen what you have just been through. As I always say, the pain lessens eventually but you never forget. You never said, did you go for a scan, and did you have an erpc or medical management or did you do it naturally?
I admire you for being positive though, as you say to conceive so soon after coming off depo after being on it so long is really good and bodes well for future cycles.

I do hope so Lodzi fxd. With all this talk of twinkle temping is best I think I may also give it a whirl on my next cycle. The more accurate the better :happydance:

Morning everyone, I decided I am only going to the gp if I test positive in the next few days. Hope everyone is ok x x

Hi Louby! Thought it was you on WitchWatch. I'd say after 5 weeks it will be any day. I think it was 5 weeks for me first time before she showed up.

Wow! Thank you all so much for your replies, it really is very comforting to know I'm not the only one to feel this way. I do feel less silly now, thank you. :flower:

I just think it's very hard to understand this feeling unless you've been there - I certainly didn't just a week ago!

I hadn't been able to get an appointment with the doctor until yesterday and I still went along albeit just to confirm my miscarriage and not to discuss my pregnancy as was the plan when I booked it. He was very positive and does not think I need scans or further appointment as my M/C was progressing naturally.

He encouraged us to get trying again as soon as the bleeding stopped and I got a negative HPT.

It's weird, I desperately want to fall pregnant again asap but the thought of it terrifies me now aswell - I know I'll be scared of it happening again. x

I felt like that after my second mc curly but I was soon back on the case. It is unlikely that it will happen again, and if, god forbid, it should, you would probably find you dealt with it differently second time around anyway.
You are going to go through a whole spectrum of emotions these next few months, and it's totally normal. Including feeling rage whenever you see a pregnant woman or feeling hideously jealous if any of your friends announce a pregnancy. Go with it, then come here and rant. We all do.

Morning Fili :thumbup:

Curly, I'm a bit scared of my next pregnancy too, but I won;t let that stop me! Its normal to get worried, we just get more worried than the norm after a loss. You are stronger than you know! And you have this thread now too never underestimate the power of support and empathy, it rocks! I love the ladies here, this place is better than facebook- much friendlier, and no status updates from pregnant friends moaning about pregnancy and taking it for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->