Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Morning ladies - I just thought that I would pop back on here and say hello :wave: I have been stalking the thread for a while (I used to post regularly a month or so ago but it just moves to fast nowadays!!).

Anyway, I thought that I would let you know that after a mmc in August and a mc in October, I got a bfp yesterday at 10dpo. :happydance: I'm obviously slightly scared and cautiously happy but mostly numb. I'm hoping that this one sticks.

Louby - You're only 8DPO according to your chart so you might have another 6 days to go. That's good though, you don't want a short luteal phase.

CurlyGirly - So sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience as you - I miscarried very early and people said all the cliches "at least you know you can get pregnant" "at least you weren't further along" etc etc. And while yes it is good to know you can get pregnant but it's heartbreaking to then lose that very wanted baby and it most certainly doesn't cancel out the pain.

Being further along must be worse physically, but I think losing a baby is losing a baby, no matter how far along you are. My SIL lost a baby at 30 weeks, and while it must've been horrific having to give birth to a baby you know has died, she has pictures of her baby and a grave to visit which must help with the grieving process.

Don't let anyone hurry you or tell you that you should be better by now. It was about 4 months before I stopped crying my heart out at least once a week and I still have the odd cry now, especially as my due date is less than a month away.

AFM - I've been making more christmas plans today. I've booked a Tesco delivery for the 22nd because I don't want to have to face the shops and I'm just adding to it as I think of more things I'll need. I've worked out my order for the butcher and going to phone it in at lunchtime and I've started a spreadsheet with all my timings for the cooking (I love spreadsheets lol!)

Nothing much in the way of symptoms to report, my belly is a bit bloated but these trousers are a bit tight so it's probably making it seem worse.

Oh Struth. Can I give you a very cautious congratulatory hug? I REALLY hope this one sticks for you. And it's lovely to see you here again, thank you so much for sharing your news.

Congratulations struth. I realised you hadn't posted for a while but pleased it is good news

Struth! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :) Sending your little bean lots of sticky vibes :) Are you getting any additional monitoring or anything this time?

Emum - there's a woman on the monthly testing thread that MrsMM runs that drives me mad posting pics of her OPK's every day saying "have I ovulated yet?" and with every minute symptom and then after she gets ov confirmed, she's testing every 2 mins and posting up pics of them saying "is this a line?" "is this a symptom?". I know Fili's testing mad, but at least she trusts her own eyes to tell her that there's not a line there at 4DPO whereas this girl doesn't. I had a look at her post history and she's posting the same things on a few different thread. She's only been trying for a few months - god help her if she has to try for years!

Ooo that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it? Lol!

Morning Lolo, how long has it been since the MC? (sorry if you have said I'm only on my first cup of tea, not quite with it yet) and did you have a scan after?
The bleeding started on the 12th of november after a couple of days spotting. I actually got hubby to take me to a&e because I hadn't been prepared for the amount of pain I was feeling and thought that couldn't be normal. The doc that examined me (she was lovely) said I was through the worst of it and manually removed a tiny bit of tissue from my cervix. She advised me to call epau on the monday morning (this was saturday) just to let them know I had mc'd naturally and when I phoned them they said there was no reason to be scanned again, just to watch for signs of illness/infection.

Mrs Miggins, feel free to call me antelope if you want :xmas13:

Fili, fingers x'd for you xx Aren't you getting the urge to poas yet?!

Louby, really hope the :witch: turns up for you soon, I bet it'll only be a couple of days xx

Curly, sorry for your loss hun. As the others have said, it's unbelievably hard especially the first few days. No-one can tell you how to deal with it, you just have to figure out what's right for you. Just know that you will get there, sooner or later. It really helps me to think about getting pregnant again, but I think it's important to let yourself heal mentally first.

Hi Ickle, I know it says that but it only changed the other day so wasn't sure whether or not it's right? From the first set of cross hairs it gave me I would be 19dpo now - agh confusing :wacko: What do you ladies think by looking at my chart? I sooo hope I dont have another weeks wait! Impatient.com haha!

Struth - MASSIVE congratulations to you. I sure hope this little bean is your sticky one :happydance:

Oops ickle. I deleted my rant because I cross posted with struth's news and I didn't want her to think it was in any way directed at her, because I am genuinely THRILLED with her news!

To recap though it was a rant about people who start new threads on here to post a BFP but pretend they are asking advice to read the POAS to get round the rule that you can only post BFP announcements in that subforum, or on a thread you have already been participating in.

Bloody hell! 1 post later and missed a whole page!

Struth :hi: nice to meet you, I'm cautiously over the moon for you! Did you do anything different this month?

Thanks ladies - I kind of took an unintentional BnB break for a while. I was waiting for ovulation and didn't have much to say!!! But I'm back now!

Thanks for the cautious hug MrsMiggins - that sums up how I am feeling, I guess. Excited but cautious.

As for monitoring - I'm not sure. I think I will see the week out and then make an appointment early next week to see the dr that helped me through the second mc. I've never met her but she rang me a few times with hcg results and she seemed lovely. I'm pretty sure that I will get an early scan at about 7 weeks. That would be round about New Year so I don't know how that will work - perhaps that would give it me the first week in the New Year. I was thinking about askign for hcg testing as well but I'm just not sure whether I want it or not. :shrug:

I've decided on no CB conception indictors this time round (they nearly killed me through worry last time) and I'm going to test less. i've bought some FRERs online that should be here on Friday so I'm going to try and hold out until Saturday. I guess I'm just going to try and chill out and just see what happens. The hcg testing kind of goes against that philsophy so I might just see what the dr says.

I see that many of you are post ovulation? I hope there is some more news on her over the next few days!

Louby - FF isn't often wrong. You'd never normally get a LP that was 19 days long unless you were pregnant. I'd say go with being 8DPO to stay sane lol!

Struth - that sounds like a good plan. Stressing doesn't do anyone any good. Hope you get an early scan. I've decided that I'm going to pay for one if they won't give me one when I next get a BFP, because I'll just worry too much.

Bloody hell! 1 post later and missed a whole page!

Struth :hi: nice to meet you, I'm cautiously over the moon for you! Did you do anything different this month?

Thanks auntylolo - and so sorry to hear about your mc. You have found the right thread though. These ladies are lovely and will certainly keep you entertained! They are a good bunch!

I don't think we did anything different to be honest. I take B6 and B12 (as I have spotting from about 7dpo and have had LPD) and chromium (to help regulate as I might have PCOS but the investigations were cut short by a previous pregnancy). I also take pregnacare original and we use Conceive Plus too. I chart my temps and use opks and then make sure we BD around ovulation.

My problem doesn't seem to be getting pregnant though - we have been TTC for a year and within that year I have had just 7 cycles but 3 pregnancies. I just hope that this one decides to stick around.

:hugs:

Thanks Struth. Do keep us posted. It's interesting to read how you are feeling because should I get a bfp soon it will be my 3rd this year as well and I will not know how to react really. It's a shame we can't feel as excited about it as we should be able to.
Emum, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering where ickle's rant came from, and was secretly thinking "oh god, it's me."
Right then, Antelope it is! :happydance:

Lol no not at all Mrs Miggins! All you ladies are lovely. It's just this one girl on another thread that gets on my nerves for some reason lol!

Thanks Ickle - I will take your advice :thumbup: Just before reading your post I read a tip on FF that basically said just what you have told me too and I know for sure I'm nor prego, so 8dpo must be right.
Oh and the wait continues....:haha:

Emum - there's a woman on the monthly testing thread that MrsMM runs that drives me mad posting pics of her OPK's every day saying "have I ovulated yet?" and with every minute symptom and then after she gets ov confirmed, she's testing every 2 mins and posting up pics of them saying "is this a line?" "is this a symptom?". I know Fili's testing mad, but at least she trusts her own eyes to tell her that there's not a line there at 4DPO whereas this girl doesn't. I had a look at her post history and she's posting the same things on a few different thread. She's only been trying for a few months - god help her if she has to try for years!

Ooo that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it? Lol!

Ickle - I've got a confession to make. That woman is me only under a different name. It was the only way I could remain so laid back about testing on this thread. Please forgive me, I wont post on MrsMM's thread anymore!

Morning ladies - I just thought that I would pop back on here and say hello :wave: I have been stalking the thread for a while (I used to post regularly a month or so ago but it just moves to fast nowadays!!).

Anyway, I thought that I would let you know that after a mmc in August and a mc in October, I got a bfp yesterday at 10dpo. :happydance: I'm obviously slightly scared and cautiously happy but mostly numb. I'm hoping that this one sticks.

Many many congratulations Struth, i remember you!!!!!! So pleased for you. You know it's a new egg and a new sperm and about time! So there's room for lots of positivity. :happydance:

ONLY JOKING ICKLE :rofl: (bet you're not so sure though now are you? :haha:)
My test this morning was definitely a :bfn:

Ickle - since you had a little rant can I have one too?

Do you all of you ladies who are actively ttc have hpts ready to test?
Why oh why do so many people not have at least one pt ready? I've got about 20 in my "test" drawer. It bugs the life out of me seeing so many people who can't get one for a another couple of days and so want to diagnose a pregnancy simply by symptoms. It's fair enough if you're too early to test but I can't imagine having no hpts in the house!!!!
Am I alone? xx

LMFAO fili - it's definitely not you :p

Aunty Lolo - I buy IC's by the 50 and I recently found Clearblue digi's 10 for £20 on ebay so I'm always well stocked up. I find I'm less stressed if I can just test whenever I want and see a negative rather than wondering and over analysing ever symptom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->