Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi Angel, I think I was still in the lurking phase when you last posted (either that or I'm starting to get jumbled up) I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: its weird isn;t it how we go from such joy seeing a + test, to right at the end of the MC process where there is a kind of weary relief to see the negative test. Rollercoaster for sure! The baby dust is in the very air on this thread, expect a christmas BFP! You keep your baby in your heart after a loss, we will love them forever. :flower:

Hehe I lurk alot to. Cant help it, and lets hope so. There are so many women that deservesticky beans and hopefully we'll be next. I think that was the first bfn I wasn't depressed by. Just means maybe I'll get lucky this time. Still no af but some women get pregnant without them so I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of us! Lots & lots of love, support and tons of baby dust :dust: come on christmas! I want a great gift for us all!!!

Don't worry Pink, I bet your cervix is beautiful! I wonder, is there a actual risk of a smear causing a problem in first tri, or might it be more down to the 1st tri being when most MC's occur and the policy is there purely to avoid patients blaming a smear if a MC was to occur. I was a bit naughty and didn't go for one in my early 20's and I have only had one, come to think of it, that was about 2 years ago so maybe I should have had a letter by now. My mum had abnormal results, a colposcopy, and a procedure a few years ago. She can;t remember what the procedure was now but I gather it was tor remove abnormal cells. I should be more vigilant than I have been.

I caved and tested lol! Another BFN but at least I scratched the itch :)

Awe. It will be okay. I would have caved too. But maybe its still to early to test. Lots of :dust: to you. :)

Can anyone tell me how to make my ticker work? It refuses to pull it up in the forum :-\ thanks .

Pink - I probably shouldn't say this but I had my last smear in the 2ww just before my last bfp. The nurse knew there was a chance I could be pregnant and knew I had miscarried the last but said it carried little risk unless the pregnancy was at risk anyway (I'm sure being a nurse you know all this - do tell me to shut up if you want)
I also mentioned it to the midwife at booking in and she said it was fine and they used to do smears at booking appointments as routine. But you know after a miscarriage you think was it this, was it that? I also regret slipping over in one of the treatment rooms at work just before I found out I was pregnant, and having sex when we went for a weekend away.
Not actually sure what point I'm trying to make here.
Oh, and the cringe was about the cervix prodding! I'm not usually squeamish but I can't cope with the cervix rummaging at all.
Loz - A friend of my ex's who was apparently into some very strange sexual shenanigans bought his girlfriend a speculum for Christmas one year. Not something I would like to find under the tree I must admit.
Fil, it was a definite bfn, although it was probably my 3rd wee of the day after 3 cups of tea. The opk I did first thing had a faint smudge of a line.

Better to stratch the itch than have the itch scratching at you I say! I like to think I can get to when my AF is due before I test...but I doubt it lol

I am actually running out of tests so I am going to have to curb my testing desires. The late ovulation has thrown me a bit as normally AF would be due today or tomorrow but as its the first proper cycle post mc/Eric it may not be normal. Otherwise I would be getting excited tonight.

mrs migg i'm with you on the cervix stuff - eeek! Sorry you have a negative :hugs: I think there should be a very weak line tomorrow or it looks like next month. A smudge on the opk is not strong enough :hugs: Please don't blame yourself for the miscarriages...ever. Sex cannot cause a mc, neither can a smear or falling over unless you become unconscious or something. If a pregnancy is strong to begin with it will carry on no matter what... 6 different consultants have told me this now.

angelbaby - It's because you're using html code instead of the bbCode. I think lilypie should give you both because I've seen them on other people's tickers

Mrs Miggins - I've got a question for you. I know we're told there are certain essential oils to avoid in pregnancy when you're getting massages etc, but what about beauty therapists? How do you avoid them?

Mrs Miggins, I'm certain that is wasn't the smear or the fall, falls tend to be a problem further on. I read that in the first tri the location of the uterus is fairly well protected. Its just a few cells removed, probably less physically taxing than even a gentle BD. Still, I doubt I would have one in the first tri. Its horrible isn't it, that stage where all you can do it try to figure out why a loss happened. I didn't accept that it wasn't my fault til I read a particular long and detailed study of MMC's.

Speculum for christmas? Thats truly crazy. When I looked through them on ebay some of the listings had the word 'fetish' in them. *SHUDDER* I ordered mine from a non-fetish titled listing from a seller who sells alot of them. I intend to become an expert on the subject of my own cervix! I can't wait to see the look on OH's face when I tell him what I have ordered!:haha:

Just stopping in to check on you all. Hope you are all doing well.

EMUM, so happy you are fighting the testing early bug, good luck Hun! I need some more BFPs in my siggy :dust:

ICKLE, hang in there Hun, I think this is your month! :dust:

:hugs: to those that AF got and those that just need them.

So sorry for the losses of the newcomers that have had to join us here :hugs: I hope you all see a BFP sooner than later.

AFM... Not much to report, checking in on a few threads/BnB friends and of course still hanging in here for my testing threads as promised!!! I have Dec, Jan, and Feb going now! (PM me for links) Let's get these BFPs rolling ladies:dust: I had a super busy weekend so forgive my absence. DD had a karate belt test, she got her belt! :happydance: We finished Christmas shopping and decorating the house. Just super busy, which is good so it keeps me from thinking about skipping this month and possibly January.... Hope you all had an awesome weekend!!!

mrs migg i'm with you on the cervix stuff - eeek! Sorry you have a negative :hugs: I think there should be a very weak line tomorrow or it looks like next month. A smudge on the opk is not strong enough :hugs: Please don't blame yourself for the miscarriages...ever. Sex cannot cause a mc, neither can a smear or falling over unless you become unconscious or something. If a pregnancy is strong to begin with it will carry on no matter what... 6 different consultants have told me this now.

This is so true. It's the mother that will suffer before the baby will.

Pink - I probably shouldn't say this but I had my last smear in the 2ww just before my last bfp. The nurse knew there was a chance I could be pregnant and knew I had miscarried the last but said it carried little risk unless the pregnancy was at risk anyway (I'm sure being a nurse you know all this - do tell me to shut up if you want)
I also mentioned it to the midwife at booking in and she said it was fine and they used to do smears at booking appointments as routine. But you know after a miscarriage you think was it this, was it that? I also regret slipping over in one of the treatment rooms at work just before I found out I was pregnant, and having sex when we went for a weekend away.
Not actually sure what point I'm trying to make here.

I know exactly what you are saying. I had bikini wax before a hot holiday with sex, had wine and pate before I found out I was pg, lifting heavy things in the garden etc etc. I REALLY do know none of these causes mc but I am not willing to add something else to my list of 'things I did that didn't cause my mc'. My smear can wait a few months more.

An aromatherapist could avoid them by way of wearing gloves during massage and oil blending, however, they are very easily inhaled and I doubt even a surgical mask would prevent them. I guess during a pregnancy, an aromatherapist would simply have to limit the range she can use. Theres always an alternative oil if a first choice has contra indications, many essential oils overlap greatly in their properties. (oils is an old obsession of mine, can you tell?) Have you ever smelled pure rose oil? Its divine!

Oh I'm such a ditz today! I've just read back through and realised I replied to ickle thinking it was pink?!?! I am totally :wacko: today sorry ladies I am a bad poster tonight so going to head for an early one.
Ickle hang in there lovely a BFP will be heading your way in a couple of days - I have everything crossed for you xx

DD had a karate belt test, she got her belt! :happydance:

Yay for DD. DS1 is grading on Thursday. He is on second blue and is hoping to get a yellow. (he does kyokushin karate and I think the order of the belts is different?) I am just trying to work out the mummy taxi arrangements as DH is away and my babysitter is busy, and it is a bit late to have the younger two in the back seat to pick him up afterwards.

Hope you have a good December and are able to get back on the donor trail for January. x

ickle - scratch itched for today, i am sure tomorrows fmu will have a better result. fx'd

Hi MrsMM - hope you are well. yay for DD getting her karate belt you will be very proud!

Hi Angelb -glad see you back.

Thanks girls. I know it too, but you can't help putting yourself through it. I even wondered if it was because I took Edie on the teacups at Hull Fair. As my friend pointed out, that is slower than a ride in a car. It's the sex that I tear myself up about the most, I had avoided it all the way through the pregnancy then on a weekend away thought I'd better and as I was 8 weeks or so thought it would be ok. My OH is quite big and I really felt he was squashing me. The following night I felt really ill with horrible stomach pains and a week later I miscarried. I know you can't think like this but it's hard not to. Anyway enough of this talk, we are a happy positive gang with bfp's and I don't want to bring us down.
Ickle, the essential oil thing is a tricky one. Beauty therapists are one of the highest risks for miscarriages, but I basically avoid them completely. I mainly do massage and I do all my massages with clean base oil whether I am in the 2ww or not now. When I do facials I try to use serums rather than essential oil for the massage part of that treatment too, or if I do use oil I use a tiny amount. None of my clients have noticed. I do a very firm deep tissue massage and that's why people come to me rather than for relaxation with oils.
I have a question for Temping Goddess Ickle. Next cycle I want to change the time that I temp as if I don't do it at 5 or 5.30 am I get an open circle. I think
I would like to do it a bit later. Does it depend on the time you temp on cd1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->