Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi ladies :wave:

I'm sorry that I've been quiet for SO long. 8-[ I was in charge of our HUGE move to the new space and it's been crazy busy :nope: not too mention I haven't had much good news in the TTC department. I had high hopes this last cycle but sadly the witch got to me yesterday.

I met with a FS late last month and he confirmed that I have PCOS and probably Endo. :wacko: Unfortunately he said that although he is seeing more people that have both these days it still isn't as common as having one or the other but it shouldn't keep us from conceiving it just means I need a little help. My last cycle was the longest ever (61 days) :dohh: but at least he confirmed that I ovulated. He said that clomid wasn't a good fit for me and that he would like to start fertility shots but first we are going to give my body a tune-up. :bodyb: Next week I'm having a SIS done to see if there is anything that needs to be done while I'm having laparoscopic surgery (any scar tissue, blockage, etc) and the surgery is scheduled for Jan 12th (grrr...the soonest I could get in :coffee:) to check for Endo and laser any of it away plus flush my tubes and fix anything else that was discovered on the SIS. After that is done I'll start fertility shots along with IUI. *sigh* It's crazy just how difficult it is to get pregnant when I've been trying NOT to for so long. :shrug: I was pretty upset on Friday after I got a BFN. :cry: My heart hurts so bad and my would-be due date is coming up so quickly. My hopes of being pregnant by then are slipping away. :sad2: I'm trying to stay positive just knowing that these procedures will really help out and hopefully 2012 will be our year. [-o<

The countless preggers people that I know just keeps growing and growing along with the baby shower invites. :brat: I have a couple of friends who are going through m/c and also having trouble getting their bodies back on track and I feel so bad for them because I know how difficult it is. :hugs:

Okay...enough with the depressing crap. Hope everyone had a nice weekend! :xmas8:

sorry to hear things haven't been so great basketgrrl :hugs: and that the witch got you this month. Looking forward to 2012 and getting everything sorted with your surgery can mean a fresh start and hopefully your sticky bean will be here very soon. Having the extra help form the fs and armed with extra knowledge will mean it WILL be your year.:flower:

Mrs Miggins - that makes sense. I can see why you'd change to base oils and serums. Glad no one's noticed :)

If you want to change your temp time. I'd say start on CD 1, just so you know that this cycle is the same and that any rises/falls are genuine. But it wouldn't be a big deal to start now. We change our temp times when the clocks change but our bodies quickly adjust and make a note in the notes for that day.

Bastet - I have PCOS and endo. Apparently its quite common for women with PCOS to have endo too, but they don't know why. Maybe it's just because women with PCOS are more likely to have fertility investigations and therefore find the endo in the first place.

I've had a couple of laparoscopies - one diagnostic and one for treatment so if you've got any questions feel free to ask. I also know of a PCOS support forum which helped me a lot in the early days that I can PM you if you want, although I know there are some PCOS support threads on here.

Thanks Ickle. How soon will FF pick up on the new temp time and stop giving me open circles?
God I feel bloody awful tonight. My sinuses have flared up again, which is really unusual for them to go on their own, usually it follows a cold and I am left with a streaming nose, but this is just total sheer agony up one half of my face. And stupid aunt Flo hasn't shown up yet so I can't gobble a load of sudafed. I am feeling very sorry for myself!

I'm not sure tbh. Have you got it set as a default or do you enter it every morning? I have 6.30 set as a default and I just adjust it if its at another time when I enter the temp. I think you have to be on the full site to set a default temp. Its on the data entry page, next to where you input the time.

Ok thanks I'll have a look at that when I get chance. Good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks :) When are you going to start testing again? I've forgotten what you said lol

I'm fully expecting AF tomorrow tbh so I may just hold off the testing. I'm running out of tests and no cash to buy any at the moment. I'm at work tomorrow so at least I'll be occupied.

Have you checked to see whether temping at different times affects your temps mrs Miggins? If it doesn't, no need to adjust and if you did you'd be making your chart less accurate even if circles closed.

I woke at 3.45 today and temped and again at 6.10 and both times it was 36.60 so for me I don't think different wake up times has much impact and even though my chart has lots of open circles I think my crosshairs are in the right place.

Amanda - Thanks for the reply. Hmmm that very well could be why they find the endo. My FS was very helpful and gave me so much info. He doesn't believe that the endo is very bad at all since I didn't really have any signs of it only when he was doing my u/s and started pushing on an area and asked if it was sensitive or not. But he said it'll be good to have the lapa to clean everything up at once so I'm in tip top shape. My mom had endo and my best friend had it very bad. She ended up having a partial hysterectomy last year after she had her baby.

I'm a little nervous about starting fertility shots (I hate needles and can't imagine doing it every day for three weeks). Since I have long, irregular cycles he wants to do "low and slow" with weekly u/s to watch the follicles closely.

How do you handle having PCOS? Are you cycles crazy long too?

Thank you all Ladies for the warm welcomes and congrats to the ladies who have gotten their BFP's this month i'm hoping to get mine next mth (if i ovulate fx'd)...

Emum - she doesn't want to adjust her temps, she just wants to change her wake up time so she doesn't get as many open circles.

Your temp at 6.10 wasn't after at least 3 hours of sleep so it might just be a coincdence that they were the same. It's so hard to know for sure.

Bastet - I'm pretty lucky really that my cycles have never been crazy long and I seem to ovulate most cycles. Although not always very strongly. I'm not currently on any treatment. I was on metformin but it didn't do amazing things for me like it does some women. I was also on xenical to help me lose weight. They both have side effects that affect your bowels and the two together was too much for me. I took spironolactone which was great for hirsuitism but it's really dangerous to take while TTC so I stopped taking that years ago. The FS wants to give me clomid once I get my weight down but I'm just not getting anywhere with that.

AFM - another BFN. Temps starting to drop, little by little so I'm guessing I'm out :(

Hi Bastet, hi Jewell. Good to see you both.
Emum, yes it's the time i want to change because if I don't temp between 5 and 5.30 I get an open circle. I'll see what happens next cycle. Difficult to tell what my temp did last night, a slight drop but i had a dreadful nights sleep and my thermometer went funny so it wasn't accurate. But AF feels VERY imminent so I guess I'm out too. I've saved some fmu just in case she doesn't appear later in the day and then maybe I'll test. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think I'm going to stop testing now. Had a bit of a breakdown this morning and ended up being 20 minutes late for work. Thankfully I've got an easy going boss. Hope I'm able to concentrate today, but I'm just feeling heartbroken at the moment.

Huge hugs ickle. It's a really hard time. When are you expecting AF to turn up? 11dpo is quite early for a BFP even if your normal luteal phase is quite short. Just because there have been a few early positives recently on this thread doesn't mean that this is the norm, or even very common. Although its really hard to hold off testing, I think it does often bring more upset than its worth.

Glad you have a lovely boss. They are worth their weight in gold!

Oh Ickle, I'm so sorry your feeling down today :hugs: Its so disheartening to see bfn's when we want this so much. I'm keeping everything crossed for you as the old saying goes your not totally out until the witch rears her ugly head! Same goes for you too Mrs Mig!
AF still not started properly yet but I'm cramping a bit this morning so I'm guessing she will kick in later on today. If she does do I then count today as CD1 as I was only spotting yesterday? :shrug:

Thanks Emum. I'm due on Thursday or Friday. It's not so much the testing tbh, it's more that my temps are dropping and that my other symptoms like sore boobs seem to have gone too, which makes me think that my progesterone levels are dropping so that's why I'm thinking I'm out.

Thanks Emum. I'm due on Thursday or Friday. It's not so much the testing tbh, it's more that my temps are dropping and that my other symptoms like sore boobs seem to have gone too, which makes me think that my progesterone levels are dropping so that's why I'm thinking I'm out.

Ive just looked at your chart, and I can't see any sign that your temps are dropping? If you discount that spike at 8dpo, which is completely normal and not indicative of either pregnancy or not pregnancy (I know this because mine shot up today and I have been googling :) ) your temps are completely stable and quite a long way over the cover line still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->