Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Dodger, firstly I have to say that I love the way you began that post!!

It does sound as if there may be a bean still in there, have you had a scan since the MC? If a scan reveals a sac and no baby don't let them talk you into a d&c or pill, but ask them for a follow up scan one week after to see if theres any change. Rising hcg can be caused by living baby, your body detecting hcg and upping it thinking it is still pregnant, or very rarely by a molar pregnancy. Retained materials don;t usually cause rising hcg, just slow dropping or plateau then no more decrease. Scan is imperative. I know they put alot of faith in these hcg draws, but nothing beats actually looking with your own eyes!

I only had a pill straight away because I was so sure of my dates there was no room for doubt, but without 100% certainty, I would have demanded a follow up scan to double check. No matter what they say never ever have a procedure unless scans confirm the doctors opinion.

I'm such a google addict thats why I type too much. :haha:

Thank you for the information! I wish they would do a scan.... unfortunately they just keep telling me that the numbers are too low to even see anything.

I'm hoping to hell that it's a viable pregnancy and yet at the same time I'm afraid to hope. As for the D&C, I promise that I won't do that until it's confirmed to me that I'm carrying an empty sac or dead baby. I can handle a few weeks/months of uncertainty a heck of a lot better then I could handle myself wondering for the rest of my life that lovely "what if?" question.

Lozdi, I have good insurance and with my last pregnancy had the BEST dr EVER! But I am in a different area now. I have an appt with the OB who took care of my sister 2 years ago and she LOVED him and she said he is very attentive and kind! So I'm hoping I won't have any problems.. My friend says I am still pregnant because of my bbs still hurting and twins running in my family. I keep telling her I'm not and I know I'm not. I think she is just trying to give me hope but it makes it worse :( I will keep you ladies updated. Thank you so much for your words and advice

Morning ladies,

Aww dodger I'm sorry you're going through this x x x

Mrs migg, how you feeling today?

Pink, how you feeling? Any sickness? None for me!

Louby, loz, aunty, faye how are you girls?

No bad dreams, no cramping so I'm happy!

Fili - yay for continuing lack of cramps and dreams.

I seem to be getting heart palpatations. I noticed it a couple of nights ago and worse last night (and bit this morning too). I googled it and it does seem common but this early? Still some aches and twinges but no cramps as such, not like last time anyway. I have my hubbys Christmas do tonight and mine tomorrow!! OH was asking why I wasn't going to have a drink - honestly!!

Mrsmig - hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Dodger glad you are seeing someone recommended and mybe get your answers soon.

Hi to Louby, tara, loz and aunty. Hope you are good to go today!!

What are men like? Yeah you're just going to go out and get sozzled in your condition aren't you. Can they be any more clueless lol. I wont even drink tea unless its decaf!

I know!! The only caffiene I'm getting is the little bit of chocolate. I changed all the coffee in the house to decaff without the OH noticing!!

Morning ladies,

I don't have much to say today. The witch is being kind so far thankfully. Got a busy weekend cleaning the house, visiting family to deliver presents and working out all my food timings for next weekend.

Hope everyone's doing ok :)

Ha ha good plan! Come to think of it I think I have had some palpatations! What causes them?

Morning ickle - good to keep busy and take your mind of AF. I am glad she is going easy on you today.

Yeah keeping busy is good ickle, sounds like quite a nice day, I like cleaning up and tidying I find it relaxing!! :blush:

Me too. I love sitting down relaxing afterwards, in a lovely tidy house. The tricky bit will be keeping it tidy all week lol! I'm determined to keep on top of all the jobs so that all I need to do on Christmas eve is a quick hoover round and get the food organised.

Morning all! Oh I dream of living in a clean and tidy house. I never seem to get time to do anything, OH keeps on top of the dusting and hoovering but our house is such a jumble, I don't like to get rid of any of dd's toys in case we have another but I really am going to have to, they are taking over. OH likes to think that he is tidy but he hordes stuff- and anything I dare to leave lying around gets slung in a cupboard. It actually drives me insane. I hate our house.
Rant over.
I am feeling slightly better today, I am in mild to moderate pain compared to the agony of the last two days. I am just about to get a shower, change the beds, and this afternoon persuade OH to put the Christmas lights outside the house.
And tonight have some mulled wine and watch Elf.
AF is on her way out, a bumper supply of opk's has been ordered, and I am looking forward to lots of Yuletide temping, stick peeing, and deed doing.
Happy Fridays ladies!

Pink and Fil, I seem to remember palpitations and getting very breathless going up and down stairs in early pregnancy with dd, it's all the extra blood flow kicking in I think!

Pink and Fil, I seem to remember palpitations and getting very breathless going up and down stairs in early pregnancy with dd, it's all the extra blood flow kicking in I think!

Thank Mrsmig - its quite a panicky feeling. I just didn't think it would happen this early.

Sounds like it might be panic attacks to me pink. I used to get these in my last pregnancy after a really traumatic birth with my second child. With your history of loss, it wouldn't really be surprising if you were getting them too, even if you aren't conscious of being very stressed.

They are caused by having too much oxygen in the bloodstream. If they are very acute, you can get a quick remedy by breathing in and out of a paper bag for a few seconds, but actually the best way to manage them is when you are conscious of them starting is to breathe slowly but shallowly (about a third to a half as deeply as you feel you need to).

One way to know if this is what is happening, is to ask someone who knows you well whether you have been yawning, sighing or coughing a lot before the sensations come on. These are all sneaky ways that the body over oxygenates without you realising it, triggering an attack. Lots of people who suffer them think they are having an asthma attack, or even a heart attack or angina because the symptoms can be so acute. For me, I always felt a little out of body when it happened.

Hth, and ignore completely if it doesnt

Good Morning ladies :)

Oh my that bottle of wine was not a good idea last night - I have a thumping headache :(
I managed to get all of the sweetie bags ready in time for my sons Christmas fate phew! I also managed to eat a mountain load along the way haha!

Dodger I'm so sorry you are having to go through this uncertainty :hugs:

Pink and Fil I suffered with terrible palpitation during my first pregnancy with DS everything was absolutely fine :)

I hope the witch is being kind to those that are having to endure her! Today has all of a sudden become very light for me so I'm definitely at the tail end of her now :) will start poas soon enough :happydance:

Loz love the story about Tara watching over your baby :hugs:

Hi everyone else :wave: I hope you are all ok today!

PS: ITS SNOWING HERE!!!!!!!!!:xmas8::xmas7::xmas8:

Thanks emum. I did my BP this morning that is fine and pulse is regular and normal. I have been yawning lot but not that more than normal, no coughing either.

It doesn't feel like a fast heartbeat more like thumping in my chest. It could well be stress even though I didn't think I was and I was quite pleased with myself about how 'cool' I am being with the whole thing!! It's funny though how thing have a habit of internalising themselves with out you realising.

louby - oooh hangovers are hard!! Where abouts are you? I don't want snow until christmas day, I had to shovel the snow so many times from the drive last year I've had enough!!

Oh interesting emum, I definitely do suffer from panic attacks since the mcs, never before though. I was hoping I would get back to normal if I can just get to those twelve elusive weeks! I was sighing a lot this morning lol. The shallow breathing helps me but it's hard to get going with it if you know what I mean. Think I would have rather been in a japenese pow camp for a year than have miscarriages. Don't think that would have given me panics, really I don't!

Loz. Chicken. You were talking about chicken yesterday and aside from making hubby's sandwiches I have just eaten the rest of a whole roast chicken, it was divine!

Louby, hope your hangover goes!? Here's hair of the dog for you :wine:

More info on panic attacks and their symptoms and self help remedies here

https://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/panic_attacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g