Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hope I am just the right person to ask as I did the exact same thing! I'll summarise. St marys said don't try to conceive. I said to myself no way as when I thought about it I was going to be treated anyway and try steroids, aspirin and progesterone so didn't see the point in waiting. St marys dont treat with steroids but that's another story. Factor v is a genetic screen and so pregnancy will definitely not affect it as is mthfr. I had to call st marys and tell them I was pregnant and only had the blood taken a week earlier! They had my teg result and it was negative but I was on aspirin then anyway so perhaps the aspirin helped me! On the scan they had there they saw fluid in my uterus which the midwife then said a week later on the phone that this would be the pregnancy sac. I never told them I was on all this medication when went for the tests. :blush: as the girls on this thread will testify! In a nutshell, the way I see it at st marys is that the only line of treatment is aspirin on it's own or aspirin and heparin unless there's something structurally wrong with the uterus or you have pcos and need hormone treatment. So the only thing I would be concerned about if I was you would be the antiphospholipid syndrome test and the lupus anticoagulant. To be honest I am not sure whether these tests are affected when pregnant but I'd doubt it, don't take my word for that though. The reason why I would be worried about these is that you must have treatment, also your teg test, if that comes back positive you need aspirin. If these are all clear st marys will not treat you with anything and this is probably the right thing to do. Best thing is to ring the midwife there and tell her you're pregnant. They will rush the results and advise you. Do you have the number? It should be on the back of an appointment card they gave you or I can pm it to you. X x oh I should add that I had a basic knowledge of what I was clear for test wise before st marys as we paid a grand privately to rush the tests through after my second miscarriage as as you know they won't do anything till three. I was clear for the tests mentioned above so I was confident about not having heparin. I had the aps test done twice to be sure and st marys lik to do it twice but I'm sur you can get a good idea from one test. I would say you need to act fast to push for any preliminary results back from the clinic. Hope that's helpful

Ickle and mrs migg, I have counselling once a week because of all this and as you know I'm on sick leave (really really hoping I can go back to work soon if this pregnancy turns out I'll be back at work in feb) so what you're feeling is normal! It's all terribly stressful and it's important to recognise that. Youve both got lots of other things going on in your lives too and sometimes we dont get the chance to grieve properly. When people say it wasn't meant to be blah blah I boil with rage! For me counselling didn't help one bit. She didnt understand, still doesn't and I find it all a bit surreal really and fake. B and b helps me the most. Getting down, having meltdowns, and being seriously depressed is a normal reaction x x x

hi fili
congrats on your early pregnacy.i am ttc from last7 months again after multiple losses.my all genetic test found ok.so my genetic dr.advice me to start asprine75,folic acid 5mg from cd1 which i never tried before.i am ttc on letrozol,asprine75,folic acid.i hope it help us both in success this time.G.l

Thanks Fil. Sorry for my rambling reply, I was in bed and had a bit of a breakdown too about what might have been. The one thing I can't bear people saying is "everything happens for a reason". I mean do they actually think that helps???
How would you feel about counselling Ickle?

Hello Ladies,

Mohini and meandrod- welcome and sorry for your loss and that you find yourself hear with us. Good luck Mohin- Hopefully with the new meds you will get your sticky bean.

Mrsmig and Ickle. Sending big hugs to both of you. :hugs::hugs:I wouldn't rule out counselling. I had it for a while for something different and it may not just focus on the mc but how to help you work through the grief and you'll be able to speak totally openly without fear of hurt. I know what you mean ickle about wanting to speak to someone on a face to face basis. I only know one person locally who had a mc (had healthy baby girl afterwards) but didn't feel I could approach her to talk to and my mum has never really asked how I am in that respect for weeks. I am glad you are taking a month of temping, you'll be able to relax a bit more and recoup.

Fili - up early this morning? Fab picture of your hubby, wonderful make up!!. I initially I thought you had posted a pic of your digi and got all excited to see that.

emum - you will get there again. I was having a floopy about my age last week, lurked on the over 35 thread which didn't help so came back to the warmth here. I was really down and crying thinking I had missed my chance only to find out 3 days later of my bfp. So it WILL happen for you too.

There are lot of 'anniversaries' coming up and at this time of year emotions and feelings are heightened. Christmas really brings home to us what family is about and only reinforces our sense of loss. I would have been having my 20 week scan on Tuesday and despite being cautiously happy with my bean I still think everyday of my loss.

2012 Januaury will have a rash of BFP's from here. :dust:

Hiya pink, I can't stop eating but i can't stop eating, are you ready for it, scones with butter cream cheese and cherry jam on top with... A spot of vinegar. Yum yum! x x

Hiya pink, I can't stop eating but i can't stop eating, are you ready for it, scones with butter cream cheese and cherry jam on top with... A spot of vinegar. Yum yum! x x

Hmmmm sounded wonderful till you mentioned vinegar (and I like vinegar!).

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...rent-losses-come-join-us-92.html#post14563141

My photos are posted here pinkponk if you want to look x

That is completely bonkers.

Pink, I am also loving your use of the word "floopy"

Morning! And welcome thread newbies :hi:
Went out last night with work and ended up txting hubby to come pick me up at 10.30! all of a sudden I just thought I'd much rather be at home than listening to these people twittering on about stuff that doesn't even matter. Then I felt a bit guilty that I was being so bitter, but I realised I'm entitled to feel bitter or however else I want to feel, so I'm ok now!
Cycle-wise, I'm so confused :dohh: i had some spotting on Friday which I just put down to Thursday's :sex: cos it was a bit vigorous :blush: but then I had light bleeding yesterday too and more this morning:shrug:, but my cbfm is still giving me highs. Has this happened to anyone? Half of me thinks I should just assume yesterday was cd1 again, but then the other half thinks that the cbfm would be showing low now if I wasn't mid-cycle? And although I'm not temping, I'm still putting other info into ff and it hasn't started a new cycle for me. This has put me on such a downer, especially since my first antenatal app was booked for Thursday but instead I'll be at work :cry: any insight for me?

Hi Fili

Thanks very much for your reply. I am not at St Mary's, i am being seen at our local recurrent miscarriage clinic with NHS.

Quenby tested me for lupus anticoagulant and antiphospholipid syndrome and they came back negative, its the lieden factor v that they have tested me for, the screening test she did for activated resistance protein c was low.

I got a bit of a belly ache this morn so i am wondering if AF will turn up today, i must have talked it up, lol. I must have had a 35 day cycle this month.

Think i will go back to temping and poas so i don't have this problem next month and now i can get drunk and feel sorry for myself all over Christmas (my first little bean would have been 1 around new years eve)

Hi Auntylo - I don't know much about mid cycle bleeding but I think it can be normal for some woman especially after mc. The fact you are still getting highs on your CBFM is good. I think it's to do with the drop in oestrogen prior to ov but I am not sure. I am sure one of the other girls might know more.

hope - I know nothing about the tests and things you mentioned. Hugs if AF turns up. It is a difficult time especially knowing your lo would have been 1.

fili - wonderful pic to see!! Thanks, I'll never tire of seeing pics like that. I got a new batch of ic hpt (10mui) but they are only showing very faint second lines but my opks are getting darker though, is that still okay?

Hope fingers crossed it's your bfp this time around. Did they recommend taking anything for the protein c? X

Pink, aslong as your ic tests are getting darker and showing progression every two days, that's all that matters, are they doing that?

Helloe Ladies :flower:

I'm sorry for your loss Chele, there is a lot of support here, you have come to the right place. :hugs:

Hope I don't know why these doctors make people wait for appointments, don't they get how frustrating it is? I see in your sig 3 MMC's. Do they not see how rare that is? They should be rushing you in for tests to provide you with answers and treatments not making you wait gah this makes me mad. :growlmad:

Ickle I'm so sorry you feel so down :hugs: If only us Ladies lived closer then I'm sure we would be having regular meetings! I know how it feels to have no one to really confide in about losses in my immediate family- they are supportive but none of them have ever lost a baby, and OH can't quite understand. Counseling can also be for just talking and getting things off your chest without fear of being judged, criticised or not taken seriously, plus its in complete confidence. You can;t just go 'get counselling' though, if thats not what you want to do. Go with your instinct on the party situation. Instinct rules!

Mrs Miggins, :hugs: I'm sorry you feel down too, I wish I could wave a wand and fix all our problems. I'm running out of get up and go myself, and I have only had one AF since the loss. Actually wondering whether I should give up before I begin so I can avoid disapointment.

That 'everything happens for a reason' thing does my head in, although its sometimes true- it is NOT for anyone to say except when we say it ourselves. There is one right thing to say to a lady who has had a MC and that is 'I'm sorry for your loss' people feel they have to say more, or give a reason, but its really just their way of dealing with information they are uncomfortable with.

I LOVE vinegar, pregnant or not I love it!

Hi Lolo, can't help with the bleeding I'm afraid, I never spotted in my life til I started prodding my vercix! (and after the MMC) our BD is sometimes extremely vigorous and I never spot afterwards...struck me as odd I would spot just from checking cp! It could be hormonal-related bleeding?

Pink and Fili! *Waves at your bellies* :flower:

As for me, I'm fed up! I have convinced myself that I am going to have either anovulatory cycle or a long cycle, as I'm on CD15 and not even a darkening OPK yet. I have gone off BD, and cm is almost nonexistant. Maybe the ring test was right and I have had my 4 pregnancies and thats that. I feel so sorry for myself today I am going to go eat 4 rashers of bacon with cheesy beans on toast.

Loz- do you know if you have had anovulatory cycles before? It can happen after mc. However, some people don't get the fade in pattern with opks, you may be the same then bam one day its +ve. You are withholding fluid etc to get concentrated urine? Ooh your lunch sound great. I just had lentil soup which was okay, OH feeling a bit tender today after last night so could only manage soup.

Helloe Ladies :flower:

I'm sorry for your loss Chele, there is a lot of support here, you have come to the right place. :hugs:

Hope I don't know why these doctors make people wait for appointments, don't they get how frustrating it is? I see in your sig 3 MMC's. Do they not see how rare that is? They should be rushing you in for tests to provide you with answers and treatments not making you wait gah this makes me mad. :growlmad:

Ickle I'm so sorry you feel so down :hugs: If only us Ladies lived closer then I'm sure we would be having regular meetings! I know how it feels to have no one to really confide in about losses in my immediate family- they are supportive but none of them have ever lost a baby, and OH can't quite understand. Counseling can also be for just talking and getting things off your chest without fear of being judged, criticised or not taken seriously, plus its in complete confidence. You can;t just go 'get counselling' though, if thats not what you want to do. Go with your instinct on the party situation. Instinct rules!

Mrs Miggins, :hugs: I'm sorry you feel down too, I wish I could wave a wand and fix all our problems. I'm running out of get up and go myself, and I have only had one AF since the loss. Actually wondering whether I should give up before I begin so I can avoid disapointment.

That 'everything happens for a reason' thing does my head in, although its sometimes true- it is NOT for anyone to say except when we say it ourselves. There is one right thing to say to a lady who has had a MC and that is 'I'm sorry for your loss' people feel they have to say more, or give a reason, but its really just their way of dealing with information they are uncomfortable with.

I LOVE vinegar, pregnant or not I love it!

Hi Lolo, can't help with the bleeding I'm afraid, I never spotted in my life til I started prodding my vercix! (and after the MMC) our BD is sometimes extremely vigorous and I never spot afterwards...struck me as odd I would spot just from checking cp! It could be hormonal-related bleeding?

Pink and Fili! *Waves at your bellies* :flower:

As for me, I'm fed up! I have convinced myself that I am going to have either anovulatory cycle or a long cycle, as I'm on CD15 and not even a darkening OPK yet. I have gone off BD, and cm is almost nonexistant. Maybe the ring test was right and I have had my 4 pregnancies and thats that. I feel so sorry for myself today I am going to go eat 4 rashers of bacon with cheesy beans on toast.
thanks pink
thanks for warm welcome.

-----------------------
6 baby lost,ttc with asprine75,folic acid5mg,bromocriptine5mg.
always miss my all lost angel babies.

Oops I missed you out Mohini! (I'm not at all with it today) in fact I'm pretty useless. I see in your sig, 6 babies lost- I'm so so sorry, fingers crossed that with all those treatments, the next one will stick. :hugs: Fili is our recurrent MC success story and expert- it will happen for you aswell!

You ladies give me so much hope! You're all so positive and I love it!

I wish people would be more understanding! Telling me I lost my baby for a reason is the worst thing anyone ever said to me! I was really upset still at that time and I honestly said to them "Oh really? What reason is that?" You should have seen the look on their face! I apologized later, but I was so mad.

I wish everyone lived closer to me. I think I'm the only one in Canada, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->