Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Meachy I spent ages on FF going thru post miscarriage charts where people have got their bfps that cycle and most of them ovulated like days 14-16, there were a few much later but I'd say that was the average.

meh just did my first ovulation test and theres not even a hint of a line??

meh just did my first ovulation test and theres not even a hint of a line??

I'm on CD16 and been doing them since CD10 and still only getting very faint lines, I'd be ov'ing today if it was a normal cycle :( looks like it will be delayed for a few days at least. The wait sucks doesn't it? x

Thanks everyone for making me feel better. You have probably just saved my poor dh from a really grumpy wife after work :)

Elhaym - my ovulation was only delayed by a day, but I counted the first heavy day of bleeding as Day 1. If I counted the spotting day then it would have been delayed 2-3 days. Hope that helps.

Debzie - the work one is tough. As mine was a really early miscarriage I didnt take any time off. My spotting started at work and I just sat at my desk for 45 minutes staring into space and googling spotting in pregnancy. Lucky for me I have my own office so could shed tears iwthout being seen, but I do find it wierd now that I didnt up and leave early.

I think if I was a little further along I would have taken time out to regroup, I am thinkinhg I will have a sick day if my BFP doesnt arrive this month and let myself have a day moping :) But def getting back to normal helps not get too down.

Mrsmax - you're definitely not out. I got pregnant with just BDing 2 days before O. Try and persuade him tonight (without pressure as hard as that can be) because the intercourse timer on FF includes that day too. In fact BDing 12 hours after O is a method some ladies use to try and get pregnant with a girl. I don't know if it works or not but it's worth it just to cover all the bases.

It's hard not to pressure our DH's - I gave DH a telling off this morning for "taking care of himself" while I was in the shower. He has a high sex drive, and there's no way I could get him to wait 2 days inbetween times, but we'd agreed that if he needed to then we would BD so at least any swimmers would be going to the right place lol!

Debzie - congrats on the crosshairs. I love getting mine, although they've moved the past 2 cycles lol! Only 11 days left of the 2ww :)

Ickle - just realised we will be in the TWW together. Here's to getting our BFPs :happydance:

That's if I did/do actually O today mrsmax lol! Fingers crossed though and we can count down the days together :)

Thaks ladies think I will take another week off spoke to our ward manager who was really lovely and basically told me not to come back yet. Think its hit me hard having 2 mmcs in the last 7 months did not have much time off at all.with the first.

My ovulation is way late think that's because I bled so heavily and for so long.

As for the question on ovulation and bleeding. I have just stopped spotting, got my girst bfn yesterday and ovulated Saturday. Busy few days really.

Yes girls who hoo no further spotting fingers crossed I did ovulate and start builing up some lining asap.

Oh FFS, my body is annoying me, I have cm that's quite EWCM-like but still stained brown (sorry for TMI) will BD tonight just in case, will be interested to see what tonights OPK looks like.

Thanks mrsmax I hope mines not delayed by too long too :)

GL debzie! xx

hey peeps, not been on recently, so glad to see BFPs popping up, such amazing news.
Still waiting for AF getting fed up now, bfn the other day :( Oh well life goes on!
I am debating ov tests to see if my body is actually doing anything, but would not be sure on what ones to get any advice?

Elhaym I too had that mind ewcm and spotting just go for it and good luck.

Tinkerbelle2 I just buy the cheapy opks from ebay or amazon all work ok nit thrte was one brand that had quite a high sensitivity 40 miu cant remember what brand they were but yhey had a nlue handle not the usual green. Never got a positive on those ones. This month i used first response ones got a bargan on eBay. X

I'm not sure if there is a difference between delayed ovulation after a natural/medical/D&C miscarriage. I know I ovulated cd10 BFP cycle and cd21 this time so delayed by 11 days!!! My normal ov would be 13-15 so maybe on average delayed by a week.

I hope to be able to chart stalk you ALL soon in the TWW and for a flood of BFP's :thumbup::hugs:

Urghh. I don't know why but I clicked the pregnancy tracker on FF. Forgot I'd filled it in and didn't delete it after the m/c. I would've been 16+1 today. Feeling a bit sad now after reading all about how big the baby would've been etc.

Glowstar never thought of counting, ov was delayed for me by 7-8 days usually ov cd 17-18.:dohh:

So sorry amanda, I keep getting things like that that remind me. I have two friends that are 15 weeks what I would have been now, and they have bumps, actually pleased my dd has broke up from preschool so at least I will not see one of them as often now. I had a few pregnancy apps on my phone and I got a few updates through before I managed to delete them. Sending:hugs:

aw hugs I did the same thing panda :( its horrible.
Hmm I have the blue handle OPKs from eBay... how many times per day does everyone test? I'm thinking about doing 2x a day but I've read you should really do 3x??

Hi all

Well i think we can safely say from our own and other experiences here that nothing is "normal" after a mc!! Our bodies have been through so much and its no wonder that it takes a while to settle down, we just have to wait and see what happens! :saywhat:

Tinkerbelle, ive used FRER OPKs and clearblue and internet cheapys and the FRER ones are brilliant if you can afford them but they are like £40 for 20 unless you can get them on offer .... dont bother with the clearblue as they are expensive and rubbish as you cant line spot!! The internet cheapys have worked for me and I got mine from the website below:

https://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk

As for testing apparently its better to test in the afternoon between about 4-6pm .... LH isnt usually produced at nighttime when you are asleep so it produces it in the day and then can be detected in the afternoon! It worked for me, stark white OPKs till 2 days before Ov and then two days of darker lines then back to nothing!!

Aw Amanda, i deleted mine when i remembered, im not sure how many weeks id be but i know id have a bump and its sad when i think about it. Dont dwell on it though chick, your time will come :hugs:

Yes come on you :bfp: xxx

I got my opk from Fertilityplan on eBay really cheap and they work. I did get fed up with testing 3x a day so ended up getting a CBFM so I could just use FMU and found it very easy to use. Think I paid £45 including P&P and got 20 sticks for around £13. I could make them last 2 cycles.
They are good as you can re-sell them again and recoup the cost :winkwink:

Thanks ladies. I was a bit down last night but I'm back to normal again today :)

Glowstar - How are you getting on with the CBFM? I've been looking at them on ebay and am thinking about buying one second hand. I noticed that you can also get the sticks quite a bit cheaper on there too.

AFM - my temp went up nicely today. Not quite as high as I would've liked but I tend to be a slow riser so hopefully that's what it is.

I've never had a +OPK though. I've been using the FRER OPK's and I've only been testing once a day (around 6ish when I get home from work), because I didn't have a full pack so I wonder if I could've missed my surge.

amanda - awww sorry chick x Even tho im now pregnant again i cant help but keep working out how far along i would have been the first time. Its silly really. Just gets me down. Chin up chick - glad your feeling better today :)

tinkerbelle2 - how long is it now that youve been waiting for AF to show??

Cloey - Hope your ok hun!

AFM - i got my 3+ on the CB digi today. Every wednesday the CB has moved up a level so i think im on track. That must be good right??? That was my last test now that ive seen the 3+ though.
I keep dipping bewteen being really excited and UTTERLY SCARED. I know stressing does no one any good but its soooo easy to do haha. My OH is barely mentioning the pregnancy - i think he is as scared as i am. Im so sorry that having a MC robbed us both of all the joy of pregnancy :(

I use the cheapy One Step OPKs from amazon, they work well for me, I usually do 1 a day when I get home from work :)

Yesterdays still had barely a line but I had a big dose of more EWCM today, hoping it is close! I checked my BFP chart and I got EWCM 3 days before ov so hope its similar this time!

I thought about the CBFM but don't know if I can justify the expense as cheap OPKs work well for me but if OPKs don't work well I think they're ideal!

That's great about the digi firsttimer sounds like bean is well snuggled in there, yay! :)

First Timer - I think it'll get easier for your and your DH as your pregnancy progresses. Once you pass how far along you were when you m/c the first time, and pass the 12week marker, you'll probably both feel happier and will relax and enjoy it.

I think I'll be exactly the same when I get my next BFP (in 2 weeks time I hope lol). Last time I just let myself get excited and start planning, because I was determined to enjoy it rather than worry that the worst might happen. Now that I've been through it, I think I'd be a bit more cautious.

I'm definitely going to stop my mum getting as carried away - she'd bought fabric to make bumper cushions for the crib (my dad made a crib when they were expecting my brother, and almost all of the family babies have slept in it) and I was only 4 weeks along!! I'm thinking of asking her to do something else with the fabric - maybe make something for a workmate, because it'll just remind me of the m/c.

Elhaym - I'm watching a few CBFM's on ebay but I'm just not sure if I can justify spending that much money when temping seems to be working for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->