Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Right now I don't really care about the pics, I guess someone will email them to me, the school secretary is on it, and she is epic.

I just want to know how Pink is getting on.

I'm trying to find NHS guidelines to see what the accepted approach to early bleeding in pregnancy is. I'm of the opinion that they are wrong to refuse Pink a scan, but I don't know the recommended guidelines or reasons for not offering a scan etc. I feel kinda useless because I want to give her a hug and wave a wand and take the bleeding and worry away but I can't and it sucks. Why are people made to suffer? This is why I believe in nature instead of God...no God could let bad things happen to good people. Nature however, is naturally chaotic.

All the girls who I know of who have bled this week have all been fine in the end so im really hoping pink catches some of that running luck too!

Yes! Lets hope so. I am wishing here, that its a cause totally unrelated to the pregnancy. I had a cyst burst once and it was cramping and bright red blood, so painful. It sounds odd I guess but I hope Pink has that, and that its just ruptured and that the bean is safe. Never thought I would find myself wishing someone to have a painful cyst! Must continue the googling....so far all I have found it that 50% of women who have early bleeding go on to have healthy babies. And a list of when to seek urgent medical attention. Here it is:

Go to a hospital's Emergency Department if the following conditions develop:

* If you have severe bleeding or cramps and contractions (call 911)
* If vaginal bleeding in pregnancy lasts for more than 24 hours and you are unable to get in touch with your health care professional or you don't have one
* If you faint (pass out) or feel very dizzy
* If you are bleeding and develop a fever over 100.5 F (38.05 C)
* If you have pain worse than a normal period, or severe localized pain in your abdomen, pelvis, or back
* If you have undergone an abortion and develop a fever, abdominal or pelvic pain, or increased bleeding
* If you have been given medical treatment for ectopic pregnancy with methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall), and you develop increased abdominal or pelvic pain within the first week after the injection

Aha, I had bookmarked this during my most extensive of googlings and just re-found it. Posting link instead of copy, as the entire thing is super long. Gives one an insight into the workings of the epau though. Good stuff to know.

https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/guidelines.asp

Hello Ladies,

Thank you so much for your lovely heartfelt replies, I am moved to tears. I am home with OH. I haven't had much more bleeding except for some brownish discharge. Although I really want to think positive and wish for the best, the lightening hpt's (almost negative this morning) and the fact my temp dropped considerably today below baseline (I didn't put into FF as I thought it may have been aberrant temp) doesn't fill me with hope.:nope:

I can understand to some degree not scanning me, all they could see this early would be a sac. I would like to have my bloods checked though and that wasn't offered and I didn't think to ask at the time. Do you think my GP would do my blood hcg?

I cannot express how much you guys mean to me and all your words of love and support.

See where is says there should be a small GS starting by 4w 2 days. There seems to be quite a difference between those guidelines, and what we are told by the doctors etc. I guess they just cover themselves, seeing as every pregnancy varies.

Pink!! We have been going out of our minds here! I don't see why your gp wouldn't check ur hcg levels, from what I gather that is very standard procedure. I expect the results would take longer from the gp that from the epu who get your results same day if the draw is done early.

Your right those signs don't look good, but we shall wait and see, and there is always some hope with these things. Can you call the epu back and ask them about the hcg draws?

Loz - epu closed now. I might phone the GP in the morning and see what they say. It just doesn't seem like something they offer routinely here in the UK. Its seem much more normal in the usa, but maybe I am reading that wrong.

First I suggest a gentle and loving group hug :hugs:

I think it is routine here to some extent if you know what I mean. Maybe its only routine past a certain amount of weeks? Mine was monitored til it hit 16 then I expressed a developing fear of needles due to all the draws and was offered a scan. Maybe its the norm after a medical. Did you see the link I posted? Its NHS epau guidlines for cardiff and vale. I don;t remember doing so but apparently I bookmarked it during my most extensive phase of googling. It good information to be in posession of.

Aww pink so sorry you're going through all this scare. You know that is a good idea to check your hcg levels over 48 hours. If they double then you're good! I think should make an urgent appointment with your gp and get your blood drawn, they will do that and that would be far more useful than a scan x x x x x x x x x

I remember expecting to have to fight to have my hcg levels checked when I went on the epau for the MMC, but didn;t have to fight at all they just did it. From there perspective, if they don't do that, and say a patient develops molar changes after a loss and a hospital didn't do such a simple procedure then they would be soooo liable. Everything has to be covered, I wonder maybe there was a mix up and you should have had bloods but somehow it was overlooked, definately call your gp or epu tomorrow. Peace of mind is priceless.

As loz said and ... The only thing is I *think* is that you have to be referred by a gp to go to the epu which always frustrated me but I'm sure you could have your blood taken there and then at the doctors. Good luck pink we will all be thinking of you x x x x x x

After 1st mc they said I could phone them direct and that is how i got my scan booked for jan. I'll see what the gp says tomorrow.

Ok pink sounds good. You just take it easy and don't start thinking the worse, I promise you I have read nothing but turnaround stories all week! Get lots of food, drink and sleep and rest easy x x x x x

From my experiences I would say that there is no clear cut definition for when you need a gp referral or for calling them direct- it seems to heavily depend on the individual situation. ie: my loss was discovered at the maternity unit anyway so would have been utterly stupid to send me home to obtain a gp referral my gp wasn't at all involved in my MMC process, it was ALL epau. I was told that next pg I can be reffered to epau by midwife for reasurance scan, but if widwife didn;t refer, to call them direct then and explain. Theres no black and white in these areas as no two people or cases are quite the same, from what I could tell the epau at my local hosp was a nerve center for anything lady-related and it was the only such ward, and really busy and chaotic. They had a scan room and their own machine and sonographer they had scan slots available for ep scans or gyne scans. The staff on the most part were wonderful too bless them, and I was not a meek patient. I was super involved in my own treatment.

Fili is right there are tons of success stories from ladies who have had early bleeding.

My doctor suggested to me the other day that I should go into womens health. It was just after she was trying to explain to me in laymens terms about what causes an irritated cervix...I came out with the word friable, which is the medical term for it. No need for laymens terms for me!

How are you feeling now Pink?

Sorry to butt in - you guys know i stalk this thread :blush:

HUGE :hugs::hugs: Pink
When i was pg with my ds at about 5 weeks i had a huge bleed for about a week just like a period with cramping and everything. It turned out to be an extrachorionic haemorrhage and ds was fine. Hoping it is something similar for you. I'll be thinking about you xxx

:hugs: to PINK! FXD!

AFM... TTC area: Not much to report, checking in on a few threads/BnB friends and of course still hanging in here for my testing threads as promised!!! I have Dec, Jan, and Feb going now! (PM me for links) Let's get these BFPs rolling ladies:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->