Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Chromosome karyotying of you and OH won't be routine on the Nhs I dont think unless you've seen a genetic counsellor and there's just cause to carry it out as it's very expensive. We paid £600 to get ours done privately and quickly and they came back clear. This tests for genetic causes of miscarriages such as cystic fibrosis carriers or translocation carriers. It is rare to carry these.I really doubt this will be offered to you as routine.

The other test is a chromosome test on the fetus but you must have a d and c for this as the tissue has to be fresh. The Nhs may well carry this out after two miscarriages but they wouldnt do it for me I had to have three and so thats how I know I lost a genetically normal boy and it is likely my body expelling them. If the results of this test come back abnormal ie the baby had an extra chromosome then they put it down to bad luck and tell you to try again.

Hi all,

Mrsmig - your lovely hubby and his Christmas gift had me in tears never mind you!! What a wonderful gift and a wonderful man you have!!

Loz - lol 8dpo is a bit early too but you never know, I just don't want you to feel the disappointment if it is -ve just because it is so early. Any 3dpo bfp must have something wrong with their chart and they ov'd earlier, no way do I believe that is accurate.

Fili - glad things are going along so well, yay for no cramps!!

Tara - sorry hun I don't see a line yet, like fili said it is maybe still too early yet.

Sarah - from what I rember my FF was in the 70 last month when I got my bfp - fingers crossed.

Hi Aunty - are you staying with relatives atm? Nothing beat going home to your own bed! Well apart from a BFP!!

Afm - I phoned the EPU. The receptionist lady seemed to remember me which was nice I think. I got the mw who I saw when I had my cyst scan, scary looking lady but she was the one who said I could phone epu direct next time I was pg. She was just giving me the standard 'carry on with folic acid and phone epo next time you are pg' I was like wtf? I explained what the other mw (the nicer one I had from my first mc) had said about getting blood tests so she then relented and booked me in, but not until end Jan as she said I have to wait 4-6 week after mc! This was much later than I was expecting. I wonder if I could still get my day 21 (7dpo) progesterone done this month? I'll just get one of the Dr's at work to take it for me.

Emotionally feel a bit better and I think I will wait (but ask me that again over the weekend when I am due to ov!). I spoke to OH, through tears after speaking to epu, about what to do re trying again. He said he will support whatever I want to do. I mentioned self admin asprin and progesterone but I don't think he really understood it all.

I hope so. AF is due on Friday, but I have no cramping yet, which is odd for me. This will be my first AF after my miscarriage though, so I don't know when/what to expect.

What does aspirin do in regards to ttc?

Nope it was 5dpo I checked again had just got 3dpo into my head!

I think you should email support at FF about it not adding the MC to your chart. This 21 day thing you mention...so thats when they do progesterone? I was wondering because I not long ago today was talking with the bakery lady about her friend who has been TTC for 2 years with almost constant extreme abnormal bleeding...and the docs want to see her on day 21 but she is always bleeding by day 21 so they are in a loop of wanting to see her but not being able to.

Sarah aspirin does nothing else bit thin the blood, it doesnt help you conceive faster. You shouldn't really take it unless you've been diagnosed with a blood clotting problem but there are success stories out there of self diagnosed baby aspirin ie 75 mg. I'm taking it but I was part of my dr s treatment plan I'm on.

Aspirin is used in a low dose in pregnancy to help prevent miscarriage Sarah, so not for when ttc but to be used in pregnancy. It must be low dose or "baby aspirin" though. I can't remember exactly what dose or what it does though. Google queen Loz?

Without googling, I do believe it is the action of the asprin on the blood in a patient with a clotting disorder that allows the blood to become thin enough to maintain nourishment of the baby through the placenta. If blood is sluggish or too thick passing through, it can stop the baby getting enough oxygen, and that is how it causes a loss. Low doses are recommended because if you take too much, then say have a medical emergency where the is bleeding either internally or externally then you are at great danger of bleeding out if you have nobled your bloods clotting capabilities. In summary, low dose good, high dose bad! Usually use it with doctors advice but if you know what you are doing, and are informed about all the details then its fine to self prescribe. *takes a breath*

Googled it now apparently its also good for high blood pressure and helps prevent preeclampsia, although I personally wouldn't take it for that unless I was high risk. I LOVE GOOGLE!!!!!!! lovelovelovelove google. Tonight I am going to try to use google to solve my friend's friend's unexplained infertility.

I also read that is helps to improve the lining of your uterus also, but will have to check where I read that. When I had my eric they said they would do chromosome testing if there was enough tissue to test but I hven't heard anything abck about that and assuming there wasn't. I am almost positive the mw mentioned chromosome/karotyping although I was very upset at the time I was speaking to her before Christmas. Maybe they do do those tests when you are of a certain age? I suppose I'll know more at the end of Jan. I just want to go in with as muck knowledge as I can.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-after-loss/771466-aspirin-magical-cure-miscarriages.html

Here's a thread about aspirin which I set up a while ago

Can someone read my thread (Advice please) Im going out my mind lol!

I also read that is helps to improve the lining of your uterus also, but will have to check where I read that. When I had my eric they said they would do chromosome testing if there was enough tissue to test but I hven't heard anything abck about that and assuming there wasn't. I am almost positive the mw mentioned chromosome/karotyping although I was very upset at the time I was speaking to her before Christmas. Maybe they do do those tests when you are of a certain age? I suppose I'll know more at the end of Jan. I just want to go in with as muck knowledge as I can.

Both are called karyotypes Hun, so the result back might say 46xy for a male and 46 xx for a girl. These are normal karyotypes for either a test on a fetus or a test on an adult. Neither are age related. One is genetic, so you're born like that. There's a girl on b and b who carries a translocation and she is twenty so she always has a high chance of miscarriage. There are many many girls who've had bad luck abnormal chromosome results on their babies and their ages range from 20 - 44. This is the result of a bad egg or sperm and random chance bad luck which can happen a few times just down to bad luck.

I actually did super extensive googling on the karotype stuff, it fascinated me immensely. You can carry a balance translocation that has no effect on your life at all until you TTC...but this is NOT a common thing, and its highly unlikely. A balanced translocation does increase MC chance, but it doesn't mean every pregnancy will end that way. It really all does depend on how the chromosomes are arranged during that early early stage, whether or not its mosaic (not in every cell) and the fetus of a couple where one of them has a balanced translocation might have the exact same translocation ie: balanced and compatible with life. There may be a ton of variables in karotypes, but overall, it is not common to find a problem with one's karotype. Still, if you can wangle it on the NHS, go for it- it will put your mind at rest to see it, and IF and thats a big if, IF anything comes back wrong and gives you a higher chance of a MC you could try for PGD where they only select a healthy embyro and ivf it into you, or that other one is it iui? I'm not sure of those terms yet. I guess what I'm trying to say is even if someone has an abnormal karotype there are still ways to have a healthy baby.

Thanks loz - thats what I was researching too. The incorrect and translocation of chromosome on fertilization, I read about pgd too.

I was just having a stress to OH about my son stealthing into our room of a morning and royally messing stuff up...and I could tell he was getting annoyed at me, so I flashed him my boobs to avert an argument. 'They are getting bigger' he says.

:happydance::dance::headspin::wohoo::holly:

Bigger boobs with no soreness before AF is due is a pg symptom I have had with all three. Last time, while I was wondering why they werent sore, OH was noticing they were getting fuller. Been having random shooting pains but no soreness...either I caught that egg or I am the victim of a practical joke played by my very own body! (small boobs, so even a slight enlargement is extremely noticeable). OOOOOH! Curse this 2ww!

All good signs Loz! Well not only did I forget to temp this morning, due to the fact that I was hung over and dehydrated today I haven't been for a wee from getting up till now so I haven't poas until now. I'm sure I will ov soon, getting the twanging pains frequently. We dtd last night so if I do ov today I am covered!

Sweet! I have a good feeling about this month, someone has to get a BFP! I have a feeling in my gut that this month won't be for me despite the signs- I believe I will have a third november baby! 3 November birthdays to handle plus christmas right after just feels like something that will happen to me lol

I haven't forgotten a temp yet, but I did leave my temp folder downstairs one day and the mad dash didn't help, I discarded it. I wonder how much alcohol affects the BBT, I haven't noticed a correspondance between the 2 in my chart, but I only ever have one bottle of beer in a night...I'm allergic to hangovers! When you wake with a vague memory of opening a fire door with your face because you tripped on an invisible step then see you have a black eye and a graze on your forehead when you stumble to the loo in the morning is a very sobering experience! (that happened to me some years ago now, iv'e been wary of drinking since) Can't resist the odd beer though :happydance: I'm just a super lightweight.

im starting to get really impatient now, if i did actually ov after my 1st pos opk id b 5dpo today, 1st it was the metal taste in my mouth then sore boobs, i normally get sore boobs a week b4 af is due anyways, but its a different soreness like my last pg but worse especially round my nips lol which ive never felt before, been having some strange crampy feelings but im guessing that could be anything, i really really hate this waiting

last time before i even knew i was preg i came home from work 1day opened the back door to let the dog out and 2 white/grey pigeons flew off the bin onto the back fence and just sat watching me until the dog jumped at the fence so they flew onto the roof and continued watching me for another 10mins, i asked my friend whos into spooky things and what things can represent and dreams etc if those two pigeons meant anything, she looked it up in 1 of her books and the last sentence on it had about it meaning a couple ttc, got my bfp the next day, unfortunatly it was the pg that ended in my m/c, but still think its weird lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->