Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Morning Pink, morning ladies. No I haven't tried that, I will though. I was a bit disappointed with today's slight dip but I slept naked last night and usually I wear a shirt, and the window was open so hopefully that is why. I am also cross as we didn't dtd last night, I intended to but was so shattered after so many late nights I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. We did it this morning so have given it a really good shot.
Tara, still couldn't see a lot in your pics but really really hoping for you.
Sarah, you have some serious will power! I waited my first pregnancy till AF was late and got a gorgeous dark line straight away. It saved a lot of the agonising early testing can bring if you are strong enough to do it. I'm really hopeful for you! Spending loads of money on opks and tests is a good sign. I usually get a bfp after I have stocked up on tests or tampax.
Mohini, thank you. Hope you are well!
Louby, cycle buddy, anything to report? I shall go and stalk your chart in a second.
Loz, I had forgotten you had only recently ovulated sorry hun. Good news on the freeby days on FF, I love a freebie!
Ickle, Emum, hope you are both having a good month and are feeling relaxed and enjoying the break from temping. I hope the break brings good results.
Antelope, how are you today? Testing yet?
Fil, how are you? When is your next treatment?
Chelle, hi hope you are doing ok today.
Mrs MM, hi across the pond! Hope you and your family had a good Christmas.
Pink are you any closer to making a decision about ttc?
I am planning on staying in bed most of the morning.

Mrsmig - going by last months ov date I'll prob ov Sun/Mon so I am still undecided. The urge to poas is getting stronger but if I do that then that is more ttc and ntpt and if I see +opk then what do I do? But I MAY still dtd Sunday then just leave it. We are still planning (nothing booked yet) on going skiing 14th Jan (my birthday I could do without having) and that would be when AF due. So it is possible I may be pg when skiing so I am also thinking I'll not dtd at all. Tbh I can't make the decision and I wish OH had to go away so there was no temptation to try, how bad is that?

I am still in bed too!! Got to get up soon and get started on the living room redecoration.

Morning Ladies!
Well I have treated myself to an upgrade on FF this morning :) I am also going to try putting in a temp for tomorrow to see what it does as per pink to MrsMig :)
I hope everyone is looking forward to the new year celebrations tomorrow!
OMG Sarah - you have the most willpower of all us women on here I think! Hats off to you lovely! Fxd your patience will pay and you will see a lovely dark line on Sunday morning.
Morning tara - I'm sorry but I couldn't see anything in your pic either but here is hoping a lovely line will appear for you soon :thumbup:
Fili, I can imagine how you do not want to get your hopes up but from everything you have said this bean sure sounds like your sticky one to me. I have a wonderful feeling that everything will be great for you this time :hugs:

I have had to pop into work this morning to get things all sorted for the new year....although I have found myself on here instead :haha:
MrsMig, my temps aren't really up that much at all I don't think - what do you ladies think? I have had a - opk this morning and yesterday afternoon so I'm not sure what it all means for me really :shrug: I'm not sure that I have covered myself enough. I don't know why but for some reason I already don't think this is my month *sigh*

louby - I think you definitely have it covered bd wise. I would expect your cross hairs tomorrow too although it might be a bit confused due to missing temps. I hope it will say you ov'd cd17 rather than cd16. as ov can occur 12-24 hr after +ve opk.

Did you put tin fake temps, what did it show?

I am getting all excited for all you 2ww laides!!

Don't know how sarah is doing it but can totally understand

Hi Pink. I don't know what I would do if I were you re the skiing trip and stuff. Do you want to go?
I have put in a fake temp- no crosshairs as I think I have too many missing temps too. But it puts me down as Oving on cd15 for some reason! That's actually not good as I didn't start bding until after that. Yesterday or the day before would have been better. Damn Christmas getting in the way of me poas and temping properly!! And having sex, come to that!! The pregnancy monitor gives me a score of "good" but I'm not convinced. I wanted to see "you may as well test now cos you look certain to have caught that egg".

I really hope we have dtd enough pink, I feel really annoyed at myself for letting the whole temping and poas slip this month :growlmad:
I did put in some fake temps for tomorrow and the day after but no cross hairs appeared?? I'm guessing that's because I haven't temped everyday this month....oh I could bloody kick myself for it now though!! I think CD17 was when I ov but would I have got a +opk? I must sound so stupid :dohh:
To be honest I hope I can be as strong as Sarah but not sure I would be able to be!

MrsMig we both sound like we could be talking about each other with our annoyance of Christmas getting in the way of keeping track of everything!

I know! Daft isn't it. I'm annoyed with myself though. I have even tried putting in fake temps for the days I have missed to see if that puts me on a later ovulation date - like that really changes anything, I have either caught the egg or I haven't. One good thing though, even if I haven't caught the egg - this would be my shorter cycle and if I have ov'd on cd 15 rather than 18 like last month at least my ovulation is consistent with my cycle length and I don't have the concern of a short luteal phase. I wanted to chart both cycles so I knew when I ovulated in each of them.

Mrsmig - why is your wed temp so high? I think that is what is throwing if off. I would disregard that temp although I suspect with your other temps it might only change it to cd16. You can change how it interprets your chart, I would change it to opks rather than the 'all round' interpretation as if you are confident on your opk I would rely on them this month rather than your temps.

Gotta go oh making me rip up carpet!!

Arse. I've shagged it up completely now, managed to log out and can't remember my password to get back in! I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to do it. Oh how annoying.

Morning all...

All this talk of 2ww and testing already is testing my resolve to not even think about all that! :nope: Not that I am really expecting to have been successful this month, with the hubby being gone O-2 to O day inclusive... But still, there's always the hope, isn't there... Lol. Need to not go crazy with fanning that flame of hope though.

At least my temp today is back up a bit from my slight dip yesterday. I guess it's as normal to have fluctuations on the other side of ovulation, as it is before.

Well I should get back to my decorating/painting my guest room... My mom and stepdad confirmed last night they are coming in late January, so must have room finished. Hoping that if their visit won't disrupt :sex: too much as, assuming this month is out, they arrive just before ovulation is predicted for January.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hi girls:flower:
MrsMig, not testing yet properly, I have decided the earliest I will let myself do a hpt is Sunday even though I didn't get a bfp til 12dpo last time. I did do an opk last night just cos I wanted to poas and it was -ve. I'm pretty confused this month because I'm so sure that we didn't catch the egg, but the symptoms I'm noticing are making me second guess myself:wacko:
I love that there are a few of us getting close to testing, the excitement of others manages to distract me sometimes:blush:
Pink, as hard as it is, if I was in your position I think I'd be giving it a month off too. Go and enjoy your holiday without worrying what if:hugs: Where are going skiing?

hi girls
how are you all?
mrs mig-i am ok and on cd19 today.hope we both caught our eggs this time.
pick-sorry to hear about you are still on bed and your Oh is not there.hope every thing will be ok soon.
fili-hope you are ok.
and all my freind wish you all are fine.
G.L to all .

Hi ladies. Right, I've sorted out my FF password, got back on, taken all the fake temps out and I'm back to normal again. It did actually give me crosshairs in the end so let's see what happens tomorrow. Now time for a short sleep I think.

I'm sorry I disappeared on you ladies. I was telling Mrs Mig on my ttc thread that I disappeared from pretty much all threads that I was on for a while because the limbo that I was in was making me feel like I didn't *really* belong anywhere. I wasn't ttc, didn't think I'd had a miscarriage anymore, wasn't ready for pregnancy threads again, etc.

Unfortunately the ending is that I DID have a miscarriage. I had a chemical pregnancy and my little bean left pretty much as soon as it was conceived it just took my body some time to realize it. When I had my bleeding a while back, my body didn't get rid of everything and so that's why my numbers started climbing again. So 2 lovely weeks of hopes, prayers and dreaming all for nothing. I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty bitter and sad right now. It just all feels so pointless. And let me tell you, hearing that you did have a miscarriage after 2 weeks of hoping is NOT easier, in fact it hit me harder the 2nd time then it did the first time.

Anyway, I'm in limbo again. My numbers are still rising, though they are very obviously slowing down, so it's a waiting game again until they start falling and eventually get to zero. I have the option of the shot, and I might go ahead and do that if the numbers don't start heading down in the next couple of blood tests. I'm hoping though that with the bleeding and spotting that I've been having over the last week, that maybe my body is getting rid of the last bits and the numbers will start plummeting.

Best of luck to all the ladies in the tww! I hope you all caught those eggies and have very sticky beans this time!

Hi Dodger. I know I've said it before, but I'm so sorry to hear your news. After being given hope it must have been an appalling experience and a really difficult time for you.
I really hope you soon get back to a position where you can ttc again. Are you having treatment for the pcos? It's not something I know an enormous amount about, all I have heard is once you have a pregnancy it makes it easier to get pregnant again, is that true?

Hi Dodger. I know I've said it before, but I'm so sorry to hear your news. After being given hope it must have been an appalling experience and a really difficult time for you.
I really hope you soon get back to a position where you can ttc again. Are you having treatment for the pcos? It's not something I know an enormous amount about, all I have heard is once you have a pregnancy it makes it easier to get pregnant again, is that true?

I think that's probably true across the board... but also if I'm looking at things logically I can see that I got pregnant pretty much at the first chance that my body gave me. So that's pretty positive for me. My issue over the 17 months prior to my bfp, was that I wasn't ovulating. I had to jump start my period each month. I had a small ovulation the cycle prior to my bfp but it wasn't even enough to bring on AF, so truly I think we caught the first egg we could.

I am on metformin for my pcos, and with the weight that I've lost, the metformin, and my change of diet, I've come pretty close to negating the effects of pcos on my cycles. Hopefully I haven't completely ruined that with my eating the last few days.

My mom and I have done a lot of talking since I first got my bfp and I'm pretty sure that she probably had pcos as well. She's also always had irregular cycles and though she's never really been overweight, I think the pcos might have had something to do with the miscarriage that she had before she had me. I'm taking heart from the fact that she DID conceive me about 2 weeks after her miscarriage, so maybe I'll follow her footsteps in that. Well... whenever my numbers decrease enough to allow it that is.

Thank you for asking that the way you did. :hugs: That's actually made me think positively for the first time in the last several days. :hugs:

Hi girls had my scan and I'm doomed again. There is a sac with nothing in it. To make matters worse they can't rule out ectopic as there's something called a donut mass which means there could be a pregnancy in my other tube. I had this scare with my last pregnancy though and it just turned out to be a miscarriage. Back to square one! Can't believe that's four miscarriages in a year. :cry:

Oh Fil. I can't believe what I have just read. I'm in tears for you. Darling girl, I'm so, so sorry. I wish there was something else I could say other than we are all here for you.
Big, big hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->