Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi Lindzlee, sorry you have found yourself here and you lost your twins. I hope we can help support you. I tried after my procedure, but didn't conceive on my first cycle anyway.
Loz, I know so many people who feel the same about this year. My OH has been out of work all year as well which has added the pressure.
Can't stop thinking about Fili and how bloody angry and gutted I am for her.

oh no!!!! whats going on just come back to dodger and filis posts, im not bothered bout what i was going to put now im soooo gutted for you both, cant believe it so so sorry i know it doesnt help saying that, but were all here for you both if you need us :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: x

Dodger and Fili, what awful news from both of you to come back to. I really am truely sorry for the both of you:hugs:
Dodger, you must be destroyed after all the not knowing but hoping. Are you having blood tests to keep an eye on your numbers? Take care of yourself hun, you've got some healing to do x
Fili, are the hospital running tests or something to confirm the donut mass and it's implications? Hope you can get home soon x
There's nothing much else to say, but you know that already:hugs:

Thank you. *hugs* They are doing blood tests 2 times a week until my numbers are below 5 hCG (well I think they are doing it that long. I know they are going to do that for a good while at least).

Dodger, did they scan you to be sure just how much was left? Get on their case if they didn't you want them to monitor you closely and get it sorted asap you don;t want it dragged out month by month if your numbers keep trying to 'correct' them selves.

I had an u/s on Dec 21st that showed nothing at all. Nothing in my uterus and nothing in the tubes. I believe I remember my OB talking about doing another u/s in a couple of weeks to make sure that nothing decides to show up. Also if my numbers don't actually start decreasing then they'll be monitoring even more carefully. Between the bloods and the u/s I think they are already watching me pretty closely and while I wish I didn't have to go through any of this, I can't fault their attentiveness.

I am new to this forum...been reading lots of story and they have me feeling hopeful and scared. My husband and I conceived on first try after our wedding in October...very excited at our first us on 11-21 we found out we were expecting twins at 7 w 3 days everything looked very health and we heard both heart beats. Sad to hear on our 11 w 6 d ultrasound there was no growth and no fhr on both twins they had stopped growing at 7w 5d. very devestated we waited for a mc on my own...nothing happened which was a missed miscarriage so i had a d&C 12-29 as of yesterday. I know the way people say waiting one cycle but as a labor nurse i honestly feel its for dates...you constantly shed your lining and i have seen proof you are very fertile after a miscarriage or d&C. I strongly hope that it is the same for us since it was so easy the first time and we so badly want to be parents. THe healing for this is very tough and I feel another pregnancy can help us but would be frightening at the same time. Anybody with similar experiences?

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I don't know what to tell you on the d and c front, but I do hope that your next bfp is a very sticky bean (or beans!).

Good riddance to a bad year I say.

Yeah I am more then ready to see the backside of this year and welcome in 2012. I'm hoping for a banner year for all of us ladies!

Thanks for all your lovely messages everyone x x x x dodger I'm so so sorry you pregnancy ended in miscarriage too :hugs: :hugs: having that tiny bit of hope dashed is so so awful x x x x
I was discharged from the hospital and I'm back home now, so glad to be home. The consultant came to see me and he said with my hcg level being so high (37000) it's unlikely an ectopic and the donut mass thing is just the corpus luteum. It could be a blighted ovum but he won't diagnose a miscarriage until my sac has grown to 25mm, i is now 20mg. It does look like a blighted ovum but it's so strange my levels are that high with no baby to show for it. The consultant said he doesnt want to give me false hope but I just have to wait for a rescan in a week.

Fili my dear we have been worrying about you all day. Do you have a slightly tilted uterus? I was just wondering really, trying to make sense of high HCG with nothing visible. I saw your pal posts, and I'm most disapointed with the sono and the doc discussing things as if you weren't there, and using alarming words. I hope the consultant has a word with them about mindfullness and patients feelings. :hugs:

You know what, disapointed is an understatement. The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. They shouldn't be scaring people they should be empathising and going out of their way NOT to scare people!

:hugs::hugs:fili was just stopping by and read your posts. I am so truely sorry and do empathize with your pain. Why do the medical profession torture us by this wait and see attitude. Just wish they would keep a closer eye on us. However one of the ladies that I am buddies with she had a similar situation where they found a pseudo sac and diagnosed a possible ectopic and it turned out because of the "noise" in her uterus caused by a cyst they could not see anything. She is now 24+weeks pregnant.

Thanks girls x x x x yeah I have a tilted uterus but they've seen early pregnancies before with me so not sure f that made a difference. I'm slowly coming to terms with it, just in shock at the moment!

I had a natural MC 9 days ago and stopped bleeding 2 days ago. Got my negative urine preg test today.

We BD last night for first time in AGES :blush:

So - after much research etc i really cant see any reason why waiting for one AF is beneficial? I didnt have a D&C so my lining is still ok, i feel physicaly and mentally ready.... so other than for dating purposes i think im gonna go for it?

We marry in 4 weeks so i think were going to NTNP - im not going to check OV dates, or chart anything... and then im not going to do a preg test or anything (as after wedding we are on honeymoon).. and as i dont know when AF is due i wont know anyway!

My lovely OH says it up to me.

so is anyone else doing the same? not waiting for one AF? would be nice not to be alone in my decision lol :hugs:

I had a miscarriage last year in june and was pregnant again by july! I gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl in April this year :) Unfortunately I am currently in limbo as may possibly have had a missed mc. Should have been 10 weeks but scan showed more like 7-8 with no heartbeat :( Going back jan 11th so fx but if we have lost the baby I want to try again as both of my friends are pregnant and I really don't think I could cope.

Hi Debzie...I know what you mean about the wait and see business, but in Fili's case I think thats better than acting from just todays u/s. Rescan one week later is just standard procedure for those findings when the dates are considered accurate but its early pregnancy.

so sorry you have to experience that fili...best of luck at your next us. i really hope for all that 2012 will be a fresh new start for everyone, with lots of healthy pregnancies. bluecathy that is what i had was a missed miscarriage...there was no heartbeat and no growth for what my dates were but i had no signs of a pending miscarriage and waited a week with nothing and chose to do the d & c due to knowing the trauma the pill can cause some women since i have experienced it with my profession. i wish you the best of look and all heads up for 2012 girls.

Hi Cathy :hugs: I'm sorry you are in limbo, I can't imagine it. I had a MMC myself, but the findings were so obvious that I skipped the limbo part. You will find a lot of support here during your limbo, this thread was a huge part of my healing.

Sorry I'm not so good with words at this point, I was kept up almost all night by all hell breaking loose between my sons. :dohh:

Fili i am so so sorry to hear what has happened today. I really thought this was it for you and you would have a h&h 9 months

Like everyone has said, the u/s next week may show something different so please don't stress to much

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you

xx

so sorry you have to experience that fili...best of luck at your next us. i really hope for all that 2012 will be a fresh new start for everyone, with lots of healthy pregnancies. bluecathy that is what i had was a missed miscarriage...there was no heartbeat and no growth for what my dates were but i had no signs of a pending miscarriage and waited a week with nothing and chose to do the d & c due to knowing the trauma the pill can cause some women since i have experienced it with my profession. i wish you the best of look and all heads up for 2012 girls.

There seems to be alot of D&C experiences knocking about and not so many of the medical. I had the medical. Obviously being a google freak I was well aware of the three options if a scan has bad news. I knew within 5 minutes of my u/s that I did not want surgery, I wanted the medical. I wanted to go through it...and I was scared of surgery. I'm glad I chose the way I did, because although it was horrible, I did it myself (with the help of the meds of course) I won;t lie it was gory and upsetting, but to me, being put to sleep and having a surgical was more frightening than the medical. Expectant was simply not an option, my baby hadn't come away after 5 weeks, I didn;t think it would at all without help. I did see it, I said goodbye, and I let it go. That night remains the worst of my life, but I'm glad I did it that way.

I have had 2 normal vaginal births in the past, I guess my experience in that area made it easier to go through medical management. Having a very high abdominal pain threshold helped. I had this little moment of being proud of not needing pain killers. Its weird the things that go through your mind when you are in the middle of something so devastating.

Sorry for the wall of text...been a really emotional few days and I guess I just wanted to say that the best option is the option that enables you to handle it best. Medical management is not for the squeamish. Honestly, if I had the bad luck to have another MMC I'd go medical again.

I did have a very young and somewhat inexperienced doctor urging me to have a D&C because of the length of time between the fetal demise and the diagnosis- he tried to tell me I would most certainly get an infection if I tried medical, or that I would bleed out. Needless to say he got in trouble with the consultant when I mentioned this. No infection, no abnormal bleeding.

I need to shut up and get offline, else I'll get all leaky tap on you all and the walls of text will grow.

Interesting to hear of your experience Lozdi, as I felt the opposite! My first miscarriage was natural, I was losing clots at the scan so it was well and truly coming away. However it was horrible, painful and upsetting. When I had the second one I had lost bits of blood and they offered me the option of natural or medical. They said there wasn't a surgeon available to do an Eric. But I begged them to let me have one, I couldn't bear the thought of going through the pain and cramps and bleeding and I also couldn't bear to bleed out a 10 week pregnancy. And I was so glad I did as physically I felt so much better after it and that helped me deal with the emotional side of it. So you are so right, different options suit different people.
Fili, I'm pleased you are home, so so relieved that it's not ectopic. I hope more than anything that it was a scare and actually everything is ok, but either way I hope the week passes as quickly as possible for you.

Fili - I am glad you are home and there was no ectopic. I really hope this week passes quickly for you but knowing from experience it probably wont. I really want to think things will have changed by next week, so still hoping for you. Sorry is not really coming out the way I want things to. I am just so sad for you. Lots of love and hugs xxx

I was offered all three option but I knew I couldn't wait any longer to mc naturally, which I didn't want to do anyway, so they actually booked my eric (for a week later) after my first scan before the 'confirmation scan' so like loz there was no real limbo for me, just the horrible tiny 1% niggle of hope.

LindzLee - sorry that you are here with us but I hope we can help you through this. The ladies here have been wonderful and I'd be lost without them. :hugs:

Bluecathy - That was my situation in October 10 week mmc. I hope your outcome will be different but we are here for you should you need to rant or chat. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->