Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Yes Emum this was what I meant, 3 months is pretty short especially when they often say after a later miscarriage that you should wait 3 months until your body is back to normal to try again. All I can say is that there is no way I am waiting, it took 10 months to get our BFP last time and can not wait that long again! I have my follow up on Monday, I am sure they will tell us when it is safe to try again, but we've not done anything to stop it happening since I stopped bleeding.....no one said anything to us about it. Maybe they thought it would be insensitive to tell me about conceiving after I have just delivered a baby that didnt survive. I just hope we get a BFP soon as its the only thing thats keeping me going, I just want to be mummy and am so much more desperate for it now.x

The CBFM is expensive isn't it! I only used it one month before I got my BFP and it didn't give me a peak that month, so I'm debating on whether I want to try it again and then WHEN I should try it again since I'm still going through mc bleeding at times.

Since I never had a normal cycle prior to my bfp, I have absolutely NO idea what to expect now after my mc. I'm hoping that my body will continue to function and that ovulation will occur at some point soonish after my hCG levels drop.

Thats a tricky one really, I guess if you roughly know you are going to OV then CBFM is probably a good idea, but seems a lot of money when you may not OV, but then I guess you would know -or not as the case may be for you! I guess it shows that you dont need a peak with it to get a BFP!

Why is it soooooo bloody hard to ttc. Sounds like you have had a nightmare & cant imagine what its like to have pcos & not know from one month to the next what your body is doing!:hugs:

Sorry about your loss too, its so recent and so near to Christmas. If the bleeding is on and off it probably means its coming to an end :happydance:

I haven't had time to read through the thread properly and welcome the new ladies, but I will when I get chance. Just want to give big congrats to Loz and tell you all that I have just found out my other close friend from post natal is pregnant. 2 in one day! And my oh can't understand why I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me. When I asked him if he understood why I felt like this he told me not to snap at him.

So sorry tia and bride x x x x can't imagine :cry:

Thanks, well I think I will be joining you ladies over here as my AF must be arriving in the next week or so (hopefully) and you have all been through losses so must have some good advice for trying again.

A bit about me......:hi:
Came off BCP Oct 2010, and got our BFP in August 2011 - totally shocked & utterly thrilled as I thought we should wait until after our wedding to try anymore after my July cycle (we get married in July 2012 - so just under 7 months now), but we were blessed - I think its because I chilled out about ttc, as before I was taking soy, using cbfm, preseed......etc etc. I stopped all of this and fell pregnant. So my baby boy was born on 28th Nov at just over 19 weeks:cry: and I want to be pregnant again.....and really want to be a pregnant bride as I just cant wait until after the wedding, as I want to try and catch the window when we are supposed to be more fertile. I'm not sure how long this window is - does anyone know?? So now I am waiting for AF and to try again, I am terrified of losing again as its just been such an awful heartbreaking experience..xx

Between all the ladies here on this thread most areas of TTC tricks and ways are covered. Fili is the POAS expert! As for your fertile window its 3-5 days in your cycle consisting of the few days leading up to ovulation and the actual day of ovulation. If you would rather not get all technical and complicated about it just yet then I would suggest simply doing the deed every other day throughout the month starting a couple of days after your AF. If that seems a bit physically intense, then OPK's are a good idea- they warn of impending Ovulation and are fairly cheap especially if you get them from home health uk. They arrive pretty fast too. I really enjoyed using OPK's and when you see a + on them it sends me into crazy BD overdrive!

Great! I ordered the cheap OPKs from ebay a few weeks ago in preparation for starting again. I've not used them before.....just the CBFM which is so bloody expensive for sticks, but I sold that on ebay after I got my BFP. It helped me pin point my fertile days really well. However I am not sure that I will OV on the same days/if my cycles will be similar to before I got my BFP last time. I will probably be picking peoples brains regarding the OPKs!
I dont think I could handle every other day from after AF...so think it will be every other day when the 3-5 day window approaches. I think thats how I caught it last time!

Just wondered how long everyone has been here for? Have you been TTC for very long? Do you get lots of BFPs? xx

Every other day during fertile is pretty much what I did. Its on my chart if you fancy a peek- seems the link had stopped working but I fixed it earlier. When you use OPK's I recommend testing twice a day, because if you have a short surge and only test once a day you could miss it. Don;t use FMU, test with second or third morning urine. This is because LH that causes the surge isn't in the urine until late morning. Then after at least 4 hours of not drinking much and not peeing, test again at around 4pm-8pm range incase you have a late starting surge. My surge this cycle was less than 24 hours and I do believed I O'd that very night.

I have been here since the beginning of November but I didn't speak up at first, I lurked and read the entire thread and joined in on page 377 if I remember right! (Now they can't shut me up) I had a MMC, 7 week shape found at 12 week scan. I'm now terrified of it happening again. This cycle was my first ever official attempt at TTC. I have had one really early loss I was unaware of until I lost it at age17, 2 healthy and somewhat crazy boys, my MMC, and a little faint line today.

I was told I was fine to TTC straight away but that was because I had a scan at 3 weeks after MMC that confirmed my uterus was back to shape with a proper lining.

I hope my temp goes back up tomorrow, else I shall worry. :wacko: I feel pretty hot and bothered at the moment, and extreme thirst is kicking in.

The CBFM is expensive isn't it! I only used it one month before I got my BFP and it didn't give me a peak that month, so I'm debating on whether I want to try it again and then WHEN I should try it again since I'm still going through mc bleeding at times. I might just stick to temping which seems to work well in pin-pointing my ovulation until I see if I'm either pregnant or start a new definite cycle.

Dodger - I don't know if amazon in the States do the same, but I've been getting my test sticks for the CBFM as a subscribe & save deal, which from amazon.co.uk is like £12-15 for 20 sticks. Also just to note, it's pretty rare to get a peak in your first month of using the CBFM, as it needs to learn your cycle and relative hormone levels. I'm doing a combo of temping, CBFM and CB opks... Lol overkill?

Congrats Loz... That's super news. Hopefully you'll get temp rise and darker lines with tomorrow's FMU!

Bride and Tia, so sorry you have both found yourselves here, but like everyone else has said, this thread holds alot of support and knowledge too for TTC'ing again and coping with the emotions of it all.

Not sure I can wait til tomorrow to test again. I have calmed down a bit now though thank goodness I think my bp was going through the roof! I must go do some housework I have done nothing at all yet and OH will be back soon. I'll do my cleaning in bursts between googling and posting!

congrats Loz!

Tia i'm sorry for your loss :( hopefully you catch that eggy again soon x :hugs:

afm: took a test and bfn so i guess that draws a line for that MC... that sounds so harsh but i don't mean it that way

congrats Loz!

Tia i'm sorry for your loss :( hopefully you catch that eggy again soon x :hugs:

afm: took a test and bfn so i guess that draws a line for that MC... that sounds so harsh but i don't mean it that way

Don't worry we know how you mean it. By the time you get a - after a MC its the weirdest sort of relief mixed in with sadness.

I'm feeling so down today ladies. Maybe it's just reading all of the terrifying stories of loss, but I'm SO worried that I'm going to miscarry again. I know that it's ridiculously unlikely that I'll miscarry again, but I can't help worrying. I have another blood work appointment on Thursday and I'm going to try my best to convince my doctor to get me an earlier scan. I don't think I can wait 7-9 more weeks to get a scan. Even if they can get me in at 8 weeks or something. That's way more manageable than 10 or 12.

yeah exactly. i just feel a sense of relief and the fact i know it's 'done' i am guessing by the earlyness of it; it must have been a chemical.

sarah it's just natural to feel like that. i feel like it now and i've not even conceived again! having had a loss will your gp/mw take extra care with you? as in will you have an early scan etc... this will put your mind at ease i would think.

yeah exactly. i just feel a sense of relief and the fact i know it's 'done' i am guessing by the earlyness of it; it must have been a chemical.

sarah it's just natural to feel like that. i feel like it now and i've not even conceived again! having had a loss will your gp/mw take extra care with you? as in will you have an early scan etc... this will put your mind at ease i would think.

I hope so. I think that a scan will definitely put my mind at ease. When I see him again on Thursday, I'm really going to push for one. I know there's no sense in going before there's a heartbeat, but I want to go as soon as possible after that.

I'm feeling so down today ladies. Maybe it's just reading all of the terrifying stories of loss, but I'm SO worried that I'm going to miscarry again. I know that it's ridiculously unlikely that I'll miscarry again, but I can't help worrying. I have another blood work appointment on Thursday and I'm going to try my best to convince my doctor to get me an earlier scan. I don't think I can wait 7-9 more weeks to get a scan. Even if they can get me in at 8 weeks or something. That's way more manageable than 10 or 12.

I feel the same fear. Over here, I noticed in the notes with my last scan appointment that if I'd had a scan anywhere after 8 weeks to consider that a dating scan. Knowing that policy I'm going to request a dating scan at 8 weeks...maybe you can do the same?

Just did another test with fairly diluted urine and not much of it either...still see a faint line!

I feel the same fear. Over here, I noticed in the notes with my last scan appointment that if I'd had a scan anywhere after 8 weeks to consider that a dating scan. Knowing that policy I'm going to request a dating scan at 8 weeks...maybe you can do the same?

Just did another test with fairly diluted urine and not much of it either...still see a faint line!

I'm wondering if I may be able to request an 8 week dating scan given that my last cycle was a pregnancy and miscarriage. That's why my doctor said he usually advises couples to wait one cycle - only for dating purposes.

Aaaaahhhhh! Loz! Major congrats! Sorry I haven't been posting, but I've been in a lurking mood since I just wish it was time to get a definitive answer when testing. Still getting -ves which is what I'm expecting, so I think I'm justngoing to keep testing until the :witch: comes, and until then I'm pupo:winkwink:

I'm wondering if I may be able to request an 8 week dating scan given that my last cycle was a pregnancy and miscarriage. That's why my doctor said he usually advises couples to wait one cycle - only for dating purposes.

They may actually want you to have an early scan since you can't rely on your lmp, fxd:thumbup:

Oooh thats good thinking, bring up the dating purposes these doctors are so concerned about, and also tell him how concerned you are, how much the MC frightened you, and that its best for you and your baby if your mind is put to rest as too much stress is never a good plan. That combo should definately get you an early scan. I plan to simply demand one but as mine was a MMC I can stand to be a bit more forceful with them. I'll demand politely, but it will be a demand none the less and I shan't take no for an answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->