Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Every other day during fertile is pretty much what I did. Its on my chart if you fancy a peek- seems the link had stopped working but I fixed it earlier.

So had a little peak, now for the questions.....

When you are pg does the temp drop down again? I see yours has dropped massively today. I also looked at sarah_annes and I cant make sense of it as her temp didnt drop like yours?

I did register ages ago but was shit at temping, as I kept jumping out of bed before taking it!! I am now trying to remember my username and password as I might give it a try once AF arrives!

I am not sure whats going on with my temps- I put in this mornings and was flat convined I would see AF in the next couple of days. It worries me a little, but it may just be that I only implanted last night and thats the actual implantation dip. I won't be stopping the temping just yet awhile anyway so I shall see how it goes. Hoping to see a big fat rise tomorrow!

Sarah's chart is a beautiful classic example of what a chart should look like when one has conceived- but there are some crazy variations within FF's galleries, I'm fascinated by it all.

Tia, bride2be, I'm so, so heartbroken to read your stories. I can understand the mixed feelings of wanting to ttc again. Just had a proper chance to read back now dd is in bed.
I had more stuff to say but that much has gone on I can't remember everything I have read.
Sarah, it's natural to be scared. But please try not to let the fear outweigh the joy.
Pink have you decided yet? I wish I could help you.

Every other day during fertile is pretty much what I did. Its on my chart if you fancy a peek- seems the link had stopped working but I fixed it earlier.

So had a little peak, now for the questions.....

When you are pg does the temp drop down again? I see yours has dropped massively today. I also looked at sarah_annes and I cant make sense of it as her temp didnt drop like yours?

I did register ages ago but was shit at temping, as I kept jumping out of bed before taking it!! I am now trying to remember my username and password as I might give it a try once AF arrives!

My temp has been high since I ovulated, but it did drop the last time I was pregnant. It also probably doesn't help that I'm now using a new thermometer, but it has been consistently high with that thermometer since before I got my BFP. I thought that I had been told that your temperature *should* remain higher throughout pregnancy, but that's the "classic" symptom - everyone is different!

Loz your temps will prolly go back up again tomorrow :)

Finally! A bit of good news! My numbers have started dropping and dropping significantly. They were 402 and now they are 217, so maybe I'll only need today's blood test before I start testing it out with hpt's! Sad that I'm happy about that, but I just want to be able to have another shot at this and soon.

Aw dodger thats really good news:hugs: will you try again straight away? Do you/did you already chart your temps dodger? I hope you catch some of the :dust: that seems to be flying around this thread atm :happydance:

My computer just had an argument with BnB that kept me off the thread for some time....I started having withdrawals!

I told OH, his reaction was pretty much what I expected. 'I knew it, your boobs are bigger again' Classy! Then again I wasn't classy with the way I told him. 'There is something in my belly that did not get in through my mouth.' :haha:

Dodger when we go through a MC its just so heartbreaking that those dropping numbers at the end bring relief that it will soon be physically over, and then its TTC and mental healing time. I have no idea what my numbers were at all before the MMC.

Been thinking about that actually, and I have decided I don't think I want BHCG bloods drawn with this one. I never used to be afraid of needles but after the MMC they wanted blood every week and they couldn't get the vein in my arm to cooperate and so used a butterfly one in the back of my hand which I found to be horrific. I used to be proud of how well I handled a jab but now I'm plain squeamish!

My computer just had an argument with BnB that kept me off the thread for some time....I started having withdrawals!

I told OH, his reaction was pretty much what I expected. 'I knew it, your boobs are bigger again' Classy! Then again I wasn't classy with the way I told him. 'There is something in my belly that did not get in through my mouth.' :haha:

:haha:

Dodger - is funny how we look forward to getting a -ve hpt. Won't be long now.

Oooh thats good thinking, bring up the dating purposes these doctors are so concerned about, and also tell him how concerned you are, how much the MC frightened you, and that its best for you and your baby if your mind is put to rest as too much stress is never a good plan. That combo should definately get you an early scan. I plan to simply demand one but as mine was a MMC I can stand to be a bit more forceful with them. I'll demand politely, but it will be a demand none the less and I shan't take no for an answer!

Congratulations Loz!! So pleased to see another BFP on this thread, my turn next, ha ha

I had had 2 mmc so when i got pregnant for the 3rd time, i asked the midwife for an early scan. The only way she could get it was to tell them i had had some spotting. Total piss take considering i had been through it twice. I then had to sit in the gynae department and tell some right fibs to the sister in charge or whoever it was i seen

I was so pleased to see that heartbeat at 6 weeks then it must have stopped beating that day as bean got no bigger, I had to tell some more fibs to get a 9 week scan where my fears were confirmed?

Loz are you at Queens Med? I couldn't decide whether to move to that hospital, i nearly did until i seen Prof Quenby and she told me to stay at Derby as she knew one of the consultants there

Fili - hope you are bearing up, been thinking of you lots this week, i really thought with all your meds and St Marys help that this was your sticky bean, well i am hoping it still is

xx

Hi Hope yes I was at queen's. Couldn't fault them except for one young doctor but I recognize it was just his inexperience that made him a plank...it is ateaching hospital after all! The doctor on EPAU said I don't need any other reason than my last pregnancy ended in a MMC to get a reassurance scan with them. I presume that is provided that I call them instead of expecting the midwife to listen. I just know I am going to get that oh but it won;t happen again you can wait til 12 weeks. I'm not accepting that though, no way not at all I would like to see them try!

I know its good to have an excellent consultant, mine was too but I only saw the guy once for 5 minutes, and it was the EPAU and gyne staff that looked after me for the most part and they were amazing. I have also given birth there twice, and it was there I had my first MC yonks ago (was visiting a BF there when it happened) Its my hospital, I'll be going there again...hopefully for a birth this time.

Fili did you get that scan sorted yet? You have not left my thoughts all day even though I have gone completely scatterbrained and even forgot which side the fridge door opens on.

For the ladies in the UK a private reassurance scan at around 7/8 weeks is not exorbitant. It depends where you live but it will usually be between £60 and £100.

My personal opinion is that irrespective of any previous losses, it isn't fair to lie about spotting to get a free scan on the NHS. If one is offered or available at the EPAU based on your history all well and good. If it isn't though, and you lie to get one, then some lady just like us who genuinely is bleeding at that point and panicking about what is happening to her will have to wait longer for hers. That doesn't feel right or fair to me.

Hi. i'm new to the forums. I had m/c Dec 2011 at 6 weeks. Been doing opks for last week .... all neg. Does anyone know how long before cycle returns to normal???

Karacal - sorry for your loss. It depends on how far pg you where before the mc as the hcg levels need to drop back to near 0 to restart your cycle. when in Dec did you mc? Your cycles may also be altered after a mc. Have you taken an hpt to check your levels have gone back down?

Hi Karacal :hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss. Your cycle should start to go back to normal when your bleeding is over and when you HCG drops below 5. It varies alot to be honest. You may ovulate just a few days after the HCG going down, or you may not ovulate til the cycle after. I don't think I ovulated in the cycle starting with my MMC, but I certainly did the following cycle. You will find amazing support on this thread, I can't fault the Ladies on here!

Private reassurance scan near me is just under 100...but seeing as I was told I could have one at the EPAU due to the MMC I will be doing that. I won't be lying- and I can understand your point Emum, but I can also understand why Hope39 would be willing to lie to get an early scan. I can't even come close to imagining how rare 3 MMC in a row is, and if I were in that position I would lie through my teeth if I had to, just for a 5 minute peek and a glimpse at a heartbeat.

For the ladies in the UK a private reassurance scan at around 7/8 weeks is not exorbitant. It depends where you live but it will usually be between £60 and £100.

My personal opinion is that irrespective of any previous losses, it isn't fair to lie about spotting to get a free scan on the NHS. If one is offered or available at the EPAU based on your history all well and good. If it isn't though, and you lie to get one, then some lady just like us who genuinely is bleeding at that point and panicking about what is happening to her will have to wait longer for hers. That doesn't feel right or fair to me.

Emum i should have maybe been a bit clearer. The midwife walked back into the room after i had requested an early scan and said i have told them you have had a bit of spotting, i certainly did not ask her to say that as i wouldn't normally want to tempt fate. I don't think its fair that the nhs should make me wait till 12 weeks when i had already had 2 missed miscarriages at 12 week scans. I had to wait a week for the 6 week scan (i worked out i was at 7) and i had to wait 6 days for the scan at 9 weeks so it wasn't as if they rushed me in. If you was genuinely bleeding then i am sure they would not make you wait 7 days

I think anyone that has had 2 missed miscarriages can understand where i am coming from, we should not have to wait to 12 weeks for them to say oh sorry it died at 6 weeks.

I was panicking at 9 weeks as all my symptoms had disappeared and i was right to panick, little bean had died! I don't regret ringing them at 8 weeks and asking for another scan as i didnlt have another scan planned till 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->