Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hiya ladies.

I've been MIA because I decided to take a break from BnB over the hols and what would've been my due date (yesterday). It's really helped me to take my mind off TTC but I've missed all the gossiping and have had over 50 pages to catch up on! I've been reading for hours yesterday and today lol!

Fili - I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope your bean is just developing at a different rate to the average and will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Congratulations to Sarah-anne and Lozdi. I hope your little beans are the stickiest!

Pichi - I'm in Angus too. I'm not a local though, I moved down from North Aberdeenshire when I met my DH :)

AFM - I've had a lovely relaxing cycle so far. No temping, just POAS for my CBFM. No Peak yet, despite being passed my forecasted fertile time, but I'm not too worried. It was my due date yesterday which was very sad and upsetting but I feel like 2012 has now started properly for me and I can now move on.

I agree, I know I'm lucky to be promised an early scan after 1 MMC, but I think its because there was such a big gap between demise and discovery. You really should be given one automatically after 2 or more MMC's.

At Queen's the EPAU is on the gyne ward and non of it is a walk in place anyway, I was referred there by the maternity sono people, and it wasn't the same day as the scan. I went the day after for part one of the medical, then home and back 2 days later overnight. They had their own sultrasound machine. Lol, I'm just babbling random info about my local gyne ward now...getting tired, the exhaustion is setting in with the extreme thirst!

Hi Ickle! We were wondering earlier where you had got to-Yesterday must have been a whirlwind of emotions but I'm glad its been a relaxing cycle...maybe the magic of when you decide to simply relax will kick in and grant you a little bean shaped new years gift. :hugs:

Yeah I'm hoping that being so relaxed will help. Stress isn't good for your body. I'm trying to work out a plan for how to kick start my weight loss. I think I've put on heaps with the amount of junk I've eaten over the holidays lol!

I'm probably no help at all when it comes to weight loss. I'm so bad I don't even exercise much except for walking places. OH has taken charge of my eating and exercise lol as if he can make me exercise when I'm not in the mood! I'll happily take his food advice though he is an excellent cook. What exercise do you enjoy? I would kick start it with something you don't hate, you don't want to be torturing yourself.

Yeah I'm hoping that being so relaxed will help. Stress isn't good for your body. I'm trying to work out a plan for how to kick start my weight loss. I think I've put on heaps with the amount of junk I've eaten over the holidays lol!

I've took the plunge and joined weightwatchers tonight, i want to lose a bit of weight before i ttc again

I seem to have gained just over half a stone with each mmc, and everytime i am pregnant my boobs inflate and then forget to deflate when i have a mmc. I have gone from a d cup to an f cup! I thought the assistant was lieing when she measured me at an f

I have started running 3 times a week since the last miscarriage so my fitness is getting better

Hi Ickle. Good to see you, I have missed you but understand the need for a break. I hope yesterday was ok for you and you feel a little better for walking past that milestone.
Have you ever tried slimming world? I am going to go back there next week I think if AF shows up. I have tried weight watchers and stuff and slimming world works best for me. I have never needed to lose more than a couple of stone but the last time I went I lost 6.5lb in my first week then consistently lost a couple of pounds a week after that until I got pregnant and fainted unless I could sniff a sausage roll and a bottle of orange lucozade.
Emum, your point about EPAU and early scans - I have a client who is a sonographer. The people who clog up the system tend not to be us ladies like Hope and Loz but - and this is not me speaking - teenage mums who are just desperate for an early scan so they fib about bleeding. She says the amount of them she sees who have healthy pregnancies is astonishing. And so people like me, who started bleeding at ten weeks, and Fil, and probably all of us, have to wait for a scan.

I like walking but not at this time of year, so I'm thinking about RPM classes (which is basically spinning) and a power plates class. I know it'll be hard to start with but to see the results I need, I need to get tough on myself.

I've tried Slimming World but the leader of the class was crap - didn't get any support from her. All she did was weigh us, go round the class discussing our losses/gains and set mini- goals for the following week. I've got all the books still though so I think I'm going to try and stick to the plan by myself.

Hi girls,

How are you all??

So I only started to mc on saturday and have my app to see if d&c is needed tomorrow.

How long should you wait after mc to start trying again??

We are devastated after our loss after 2 years of trying but want to get started back on the ttc train again.

xxxx

Emum, your point about EPAU and early scans - I have a client who is a sonographer. The people who clog up the system tend not to be us ladies like Hope and Loz but - and this is not me speaking - teenage mums who are just desperate for an early scan so they fib about bleeding. She says the amount of them she sees who have healthy pregnancies is astonishing. And so people like me, who started bleeding at ten weeks, and Fil, and probably all of us, have to wait for a scan.

I didn't mean to be insensitive about what I said. My first miscarriage was a MMC so I know the urge for reassurance. So much so that I did have private reassurance scans for each subsequent one.

I do think they should be offered to women who have had more than one MMC on the NHS, and I would definitely ask for one if I was in that situation, and even plead my case for one. But if it was refused, I'd pay privately for one, rather than make something up. The thing is that a reassurance scan only gives you reassurance on the day you have it, things can, and sadly do, sometimes still go wrong afterwards. A woman who is bleeding but has a baby with a heartbeat can sometimes have their pregnancy saved with a stitch or other treatment, so I couldn't personally feel I might be responsible for delaying her scan even by a day. But this is a personal opinion.

My last miscarriage, I had a private scan again after I started bleeding, and had to wait 2 days because I started to miscarry at the weekend (local NHS epaus were closed too) and it was the longest 2 days of my life. Waiting a week or so would have floored me.

Hi girls,

How are you all??

So I only started to mc on saturday and have my app to see if d&c is needed tomorrow.

We are devastated after our loss after 2 years of trying but want to get started back on the ttc train again.

xxxx
Hello Sbl, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: How long you will need to wait will depend largely on whether or not they think you need a D&C. If you don;t need one, then you can try again when your bleeding stops and when you feel ok to. If you do need a D&C then make the decision on when to try again based on how much lining they had to remove with the D&C. How far along were you?

Hi girls,

How are you all??

xxxx
Hello Sbl, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: How long you will need to wait will depend largely on whether or not they think you need a D&C. If you don;t need one, then you can try again when your bleeding stops and when you feel ok to. If you do need a D&C then make the decision on when to try again based on how much lining they had to remove with the D&C. How far along were you?

Thank you hun,

I was almost 6 weeks, not long I know but we're heartbroken.

Hoping I wont need a D&C, I just dont want one and I dont think I will need one to be honest.

I've bled allot so I'd say not.

xx

Oh no, Emum I am agreeing with your point entirely. I just think there should be more provision made for people with previous losses. Unfortunately there is no way of proving whether or not someone is swinging the lead. It is just a crying shame that some people can be cruel enough to pretend to be in that terrible position just to get the early scan. My client calls them "wavers" because they always wave at their babies and scream and it does her head in.

m/c started 15/12. HPT was neg on 22/12. doctor said could start ttc again anytime, but opks still neg... tho so mayb have to wait till next cycle

Sbi, sorry you are joining us here. I would say if you don't need a d&c or erpc you are ok to try again straight away.

Question for you ladies - I've been having this kind of odd pain on my right side slightly above and over from my hip bone. It's not painful, nor is it cramps. It's just kind of a weird achiness. Is this normal?

It may not be long in weeks, but no matter how far along you are its devastating to MC. When we see that + test we start to think and plan and bond straight away. I think you are right and that you probably won't be needing a D&C. I had a MMC, 7 week shape at 12 week scan- I didn't need a D&C even though there was a little material left behind it came away on its own a few days after being in hospital. Our bodies largely do know what to do with these situations, but it all depends on what your doctor says. Tell them that you really don't want one and you would rather just let your body handle it and they have to agree, as long as you have no big risk factors of course. I had a doctor trying to push me to have one and I'm glad I stood my ground! (In that case it was a very young male trainee doctor on a gyne ward, no way was I taking his word for it!) I was later told he was wrong to be so urgent about it.

Remember unless you are in danger of bleeding out, then you don't have to make a decision about a D&C tomorrow if there happens to be materials remaining. See what the doc has to say, and go with what works best for you.

Sarah I had that with pixie. Feels kinda like growing pains? I remember feeling like id done a round at the gym and my abs were sore :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->