Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

It is what they usually perform these days rather than the old fashioned d&c. Incredibly depressingly, it stands for "evacuation of retained products of conception".
It must have been named by a bloke. On here we often refer to it as an Eric. (a couple of us do anyway :-D)
Anyways, it's basically a d&c. They never actually told me when I had mine what they were doing. Thank god for google. But if you do have one, don't worry. The pain and discomfort is, in my opinion, less than bleeding it out naturally. I have done both. But if you have bled the majority of it out they will probably leave you be. Sorry to be so frank, but I think at times like these straight answers help.

Question for you ladies - I've been having this kind of odd pain on my right side slightly above and over from my hip bone. It's not painful, nor is it cramps. It's just kind of a weird achiness. Is this normal?

Yes thats normal hun, I have the same! Have before aswell with my boys. But if its worrying you alot, it won't hurt to check in with a midwife about it.

I had some insane aches and pains this 2ww, all over my lower torso!

It is what they usually perform these days rather than the old fashioned d&c. Incredibly depressingly, it stands for "evacuation of retained products of conception".
It must have been named by a bloke. On here we often refer to it as an Eric. (a couple of us do anyway :-D)
Anyways, it's basically a d&c. They never actually told me when I had mine what they were doing. Thank god for google. But if you do have one, don't worry. The pain and discomfort is, in my opinion, less than bleeding it out naturally. I have done both. But if you have bled the majority of it out they will probably leave you be. Sorry to be so frank, but I think at times like these straight answers help.

Eric= predictive text speak for erpc! I was told it would hurt less than the medical, but I'm one of those odd bods who didn't really find the medical painful.

m/c started 15/12. HPT was neg on 22/12. doctor said could start ttc again anytime, but opks still neg... tho so mayb have to wait till next cycle

After my MMC, I got + OPK's (almost+, nearly but not quite as dark as the control) roughly 3 weeks after the loss, but I got AF quite soon after, which said to me that I didn't O that time. Maybe you will O late this cycle, but if not try not to let it get you too down- treat the time as an observation of your body's signals, then when you start your next cycle you can do so prepared to catch that eggy! A HPT can be negative but your blood HCG may still be high enough to be classed as + and prevent ovulation. The standard HPT has a sensitivity of 25 miu/ml and some even have a sensitivity of 10 miu/ml...but to have truly negative HCG values, the HCG needs to be less than 5 miu/ml.

You will more than likely ov later on in your cycle. I'm guessing im going to ov later than CD19 so keeping an eye out on cm,temps & opks

Not sure if any of you remember me mentioning Moonstone a while back, I was heading back here after my computer had a fight with BnB and spotted a Moonstone thread in the TTC forum and there is a long list of BFP's from ladies using Moonstone! Never did I think I would see the day where it wasn't just me who believes in Moonstone's feminine energies like that! Just so you all know, I have all sorts of crystals, and my Moonstones do live downstairs in my living room not so far from where I sit at the computer. Maybe there is something in it....:winkwink:

Sarah I had that too with Edie - albeit a little later. I actually spent a night in hospital at 10 weeks ( turned out to be 11 when they scanned me) as they were concerned. All was well and now my house looks like an explosion in a Peppa Pig factory.
(that may make no sense to you, not sure if Peppa has travelled to Canada yet...)

Sarah I had that with pixie. Feels kinda like growing pains? I remember feeling like id done a round at the gym and my abs were sore :/

Thanks ladies! It was kind of worrying me! It just felt kind of funny, but it's stopped now. It just felt like a weird achiness, but it wasn't cramps or anything I'd even really felt before.

Oh blimey its gone 1 am! I have to force myself to go to bed, no more staying up super late to hide from dreams. Plus at less than a week til back to school, its time to regain control of my sleep/waking dysfunctions.

G'nite Ladies...and thankyou, I would have imploded today if I didn't have you guys to talk to :flower: :friends:

Sarah I had that too with Edie - albeit a little later. I actually spent a night in hospital at 10 weeks ( turned out to be 11 when they scanned me) as they were concerned. All was well and now my house looks like an explosion in a Peppa Pig factory.
(that may make no sense to you, not sure if Peppa has travelled to Canada yet...)

Thanks Mrs Miggins! I think it was just one of many odd little pangs I'll be getting over the next 35 weeks.

I've seen Peppa Pig briefly on one of the kid TV channels, but not much. Haha. All I know is that there is no way in hell my kids are watching "The Wiggles" - They disturb me!

I miscarried In August and it took me 4 cycles to get pregnant again. I ended up using ovulation sticks because my cycle was irregular after my mc. I got pregnant on the first cycle using ovulation sticks and am now 5 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed this time everything is ok. Hope it goes well for you.

I miscarried In August and it took me 4 cycles to get pregnant again. I ended up using ovulation sticks because my cycle was irregular after my mc. I got pregnant on the first cycle using ovulation sticks and am now 5 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed this time everything is ok. Hope it goes well for you.

I'm sorry to see you under this forum LAenne, but I'm glad to meet you! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I just found out that I'm almost 5 weeks too (5 weeks tomorrow, but I'm sure my dating scan will change that). I miscarried last cycle and got pregnant right away - I'm still in shock and can't believe it, lol. Praying that you got a sticky bean in there! :flower:

I'm TTC after a miscarriage... I'm not 100% sure but I think AF may have came right after the MC. Has anyone else had this happen and have a success story to share? I believe my O will be on or around the 9th. Gonna use the OPKS to see... This may be a silly question, but I've never used the OPKS before... How exactly do they work? Like will it show a double line a couple days before you O or just the day you O?

Good Morning Ladies :flower:

Hello new Ladies Laenne ans Sweetpea- I'm sorry for your losses :hugs: theres a lot of support here don't know what I would have done without these Ladies!

Fingers crossed for you Laenne, I'm sure your bean will stick this time!

Sweetpea- I don't think AF-like bleeding straight after a MC is classed as actual menstruation by the doctors, I read somewhere that ideally there needs to be at least 21 days of no bleeding or very little bleeding after a MC and before what can be considered AF- but as we all know everybody is different and in that logic any variation is possible! Opk's work by detecting LH- lutenizing hormone. This is present all month long in small quantities which will show up on an opk as a faint second line. OPK's are not considered positive until the LH surge is detected, LH skyrockets just before Ovulation. The surge can last anything from a few hours to a couple of days and sometimes longer, and it is 12-36 hours after the surge that the egg is released. When you are surging, the OPK will have a super dark second line instead of faint, and that is what is considered a positive OPK.

I did the deed the same day as my surge this month, and I got a faint second line on a HPT yesterday, but it is still just as faint today- so not sure yet whether or not I'm to be a success story!

AFM- Temp has gone back up somewhat...will be keeping an eye on it. Line still faint will be keeping an eye on that too!

Also, when using opks don't use fmu- you are best testing in the afternoon (say around 11?) unless stated on the opks themselves :)
You might get a +opk the day before ovulation. That's hat happens with me :)

...and once you think you are getting close to your surge do 2 or 3 a day so you can best detect it. Buy them cheap off the Internet or you will spend a fortune.
Welcome Leanne and sweet pea. Sorry you have both found yourselves here.

Us girls should have our own site on opks, pee sticks, temping and much loved cervix checking :rofl:
think anyone would visit? Lol

Loz- hope those tests get darker for you x

That's so true! I don't use OPK's but I've learned so much from the other ladies here :)

Hi sweetpea - I have chatted to you on your thread. Hope you are okay. Loz said everything perfectly about opks. Most of us do them about 3 times per day and you have to not drink for 4 hrs prior to testing and to hold your pee in concentrate it up! Don't use fmu as LH doesn't wake up and get going till mid morning!!. I have perfect example of tests from yesterday I can post if you want to see.

Yay loz - any pics yet? Chart looking good, glad your temp had gone back up.

Hope everyone else is okay.

Well, OH was useless yesterday about deciding what to do regards ov. I think he just said what he thinks I want to hear and couldn't justify his choice (to go for it) as that would mean having feelings, emotions and thoughts about it. Sorry for the rant but sometimes he can be a total politician and can't get off the fence he sits on. So as usual it was me that had to say no, I'll wait for the tests.

Oops yes I forgot about the not OPK'ing with FMU. I did, but only after I had seen the surge start just so I could pinpoint the length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->