Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Just got back from having blood work done. I had a resident doctor and she was not at all educated on anything to do with pregnancy. It was almost comical.

They only had to take 4 viles of blood instead of 6, so that made me happy. I got a positive on the urine test, but it still wasn't as dark as the ones I got at home. My doctor has the CRAPPIEST tests ever. Their urine tests never even detected my last pregnancy.

I had to pull teeth to get an early scan. The resident told me that in Canada they only offer ONE ultrasound at 18 WEEKS! What???? How did my sister have 3 or 4 then? They ended up giving me a scan in two weeks for dating as my last cycle ended in a miscarriage. I also have to go for my first prenatal visit next week and get a pap. I hate paps. Blah!

Sarah-anne - so glad you got your scan booked. 18 week is ridiculous!! I had heard that before about Canada, damn stupid!

What blood test are they doing?

Ickle, I'll have the appointment with Mrsmig following yours!! Then we have to work out how to get mrsmig an appointment with herself!!

I had a little chuckle at your comment about Pied piper then thought thats really sad. Hope you are ok. :hugs: It will be your turn very soon, like in 5 dys time!

18 weeks!! My god!! Pleased the blood work wasn't too bad and you got an early scan.

Sarah-anne - so glad you got your scan booked. 18 week is ridiculous!! I had heard that before about Canada, damn stupid!

What blood test are they doing?

Ickle, I'll have the appointment with Mrsmig following yours!! Then we have to work out how to get mrsmig an appointment with herself!!

I had a little chuckle at your comment about Pied piper then thought thats really sad. Hope you are ok. :hugs: It will be your turn very soon, like in 5 dys time!

I know! I couldn't believe it! I'm sure the look on my face was "You have got to be kidding me!!" I know lots of people here who have had several scans, so I'm wondering if this doctor was not well informed.

They are doing blood tests to check my HCG levels and the standard infectious disease checks. They're also doing a blood type one to double check that I am O negative. Odd that I can tell them that, but they won't take my word for it!

18 weeeeeeeks!! Omg I would have only managed 2 pregnancies this year if I'd waited that long!! Crazy! Glad you got it sorted :hugs:

18 weeks!! My god!! Pleased the blood work wasn't too bad and you got an early scan.

No kidding!! 18 weeks is INSANE!!! She said that it's usually just a quick "anatomy" check. WTF!

I have a dating scan at exactly 7 weeks. Will I be able to see a heartbeat then?

Sarah - so pleased you managed to get them to book you a dating scan! 18 weeks is just crazy, and there I was thinking waiting until 12 weeks here was insane.

Mrsmig - gosh, they do seem to be following you around. Hopefully you can give yourself some of that baby dust! Sprinkle some on this thread too will ya? :winkwink:

Nothing new to report from me... Still resisting testing. I woke up with some cramping today, so not sure if that's positive or negative really. I normally don't get cramps with AF, but could all be changed with the mc I suppose. Time will tell!

Sarah, if you're sure of your dates, you should definitely be able to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

Cramps are good chele, it means things are happening. I had no cramps, twinges, feeling anything from start to finish in this pregnancy and nothing was happening!! When my mc's have had babies there Ive experienced cramps like af cramps and twinges. I shall be looking out for those next time! X

Sarah - so pleased you managed to get them to book you a dating scan! 18 weeks is just crazy, and there I was thinking waiting until 12 weeks here was insane.

Mrsmig - gosh, they do seem to be following you around. Hopefully you can give yourself some of that baby dust! Sprinkle some on this thread too will ya? :winkwink:

Nothing new to report from me... Still resisting testing. I woke up with some cramping today, so not sure if that's positive or negative really. I normally don't get cramps with AF, but could all be changed with the mc I suppose. Time will tell!

I thought that waiting until 12 weeks was insane too. I was hoping they'd be able to give me one around 7 or 8 weeks, so 7 weeks is fine.

Cramps are good chele, it means things are happening. I had no cramps, twinges, feeling anything from start to finish in this pregnancy and nothing was happening!! When my mc's have had babies there Ive experienced cramps like af cramps and twinges. I shall be looking out for those next time! X

Well that's the positive! :winkwink: I don't think I got any cramps that I recall in November when I did get pregnant, though obviously that ended in mc, so I'm not going to wish a repeat of having low level or no symptoms. In any case still going to try to hold out until the weekend to test, unless AF arrives.

Sarah, if you're sure of your dates, you should definitely be able to see a heartbeat at 7 weeks.

The problem is that my last cycle ended in a miscarriage, so it's hard to tell. I started spotting on November 29th and then had a full flow and clots on November 30th. Should I be going from the 29th or 30th? I've been going from the 30th, so that puts me at 5 weeks, 1 day.

Thanks pink and mrs migg, there's nothing either of you could say to upset me ever :hugs: :friends:
Aww mrs migg, every time you mention pregnant woman exposure I feel like I want to magically appear over there and remove said offending person!!! It's so emotionally tough, i actually panic when I see pregnant women now, but I'm always over the moon happy for my pal b and b friends! Maybe you're attracting them cos you're going to be one soon!

Can you go from known ovulation and add 14 days? I *think* that would work as a rough guide. Anyone??

loz congrats with the digi :) i've not been back through the thread to catch up (just back from work) i hope everyone is well. :hugs:

add 2 weeks from the 15th then count from then to what date it is now :)

EDIT: sarah, you are due around 7th Sept 2012 :)

Can you go from known ovulation and add 14 days? I *think* that would work as a rough guide. Anyone??

Yes. That's how some of the online EDD calculators work anyway.

When I was first pregnant, 16 years ago (gulp), they only offered a 20 week anomaly scan as standard. I got to 17 weeks, and went along for a routine antenatal appointment, and the doctor was trying out her new electronic doppler for the first time (see, it was aaaages ago, when these were very new gizmos) and couldnt find the heartbeat, but thought maybe she just didnt know how to work it. EPU wouldn't see me because I was over 12 weeks, so my GP fought really hard to get me seen on the labour ward of the local hospital for a scan, and I'd had a mmc many many weeks beforehand. Just horrible to find out on the labour ward of all places, with midwives too busy to deal with us because women were giving birth in the next room :(

Just woke up....nap was good!

18 weeks?!?! Thats insane, are they mad? That doctor must have been thinking with their butt instead of brains. Over here the dating scan is 12 weeks but even if you have that early, you get another between 11 and 13 weeks if you want a nuchal translucency scan. 18 weeks! Goodness I'm almost shaking my fist at that, which makes it very hard to type! And what is a 'quick' anatomy scan????? That should take 30 mins at the very least for them to see and check everything. GOODNESS ME! 4 vials of blood....gulp. I'm not ok with having bloods took since my MMC. Midwife said to me on the phone not to forget to take her a pee sample when I go, I said no worries I have gotten very good at peeing into cups!

Mrs Miggins, the pied piper of pregnancy, you could work that as an advantage if you put it on your business card! On a more serious note, are you ok? It can't have been easy having someone walk in and say that.

Fili I'm glad st Mary's are being on the ball with your tests and willing to move fast for you- they obviously understand much better than the EPU.

Ickle, I'm glad you feel ok to watch One Born, yes its emotional, but its so fascinating and beautiful too...minus the chav man from last night.

Chele....resistance is futile...that is all!

Lolo...she aint here til she is here!

Pink how you bearing up in first day back?

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm a bit mentally blasted- the vivid dreams have begun and started with one I couldn't decide whether it was just a vigorous and weird adventure dream, or a full on nightmare. I did triumph over the weird people in it that seemed to be trying to experiment on me though, so I think that was a good sign. Trying hard to pluck up the courage to call the EPAU now, and not looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->