Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Here's a link I found on the NHS website about pap smear tests. It's strange that there's such different views on it, in equally developed countries. Who's correct is anyone's guess!

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1646.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130

haha you checking that much loved doughnut again loz? :haha:

My last official one was 2010, june or july if I remember right. I was told I wouldn't need another til this year but had one a month after my MMC anyway because I noticed some redness myself. Doctor told me it was normal but did the pap anyway because I insisted lol

hahaha, noooooo way not now. Checked it visually before O but not after and well now I'm even less inclined to disturb it! I finished checking it by hand now too, seeing as I can no longer reach :haha:

hahaha, noooooo way not now. Checked it visually before O but not after and well now I'm even less inclined to disturb it! I finished checking it by hand now too, seeing as I can no longer reach :haha:

i remember mine practically disappeared before i found out i was PG with Pixie! :haha:

Thanks Ickle thats good info. And makes good sense too!

all this talk of smear test has made me go book mine for the end of Jan. Glad to get it over with I am very over due.

It's def worth getting done. It's not so bad these days now they use the brush instead of the wooden chip fork type thing they used to use lol!

It's def worth getting done. It's not so bad these days now they use the brush instead of the wooden chip fork type thing they used to use lol!

that sounds brutal!

they use just a little soft plastic ... thing

Called hospital, they put me through the the EPAU and I got no answer after 10 minutes so I gather they are busy, can't get in with a doctor until monday which is fine but they dont do appointments ahead of then I have to call at 8 am I hope I get the first call in! Good job I'm up super early lately. Still can't find that box though and I got to a near panic point. Had to pee on a stick just to calm myself and thats no joke either, it worked. Going to nip to town for more sticks!

Yeah it was. I had that my first couple of tests and I remember my mum getting a test with both when they were trialling it and saying how much nicer it was.

CONGRATS LOZ! Wishing you a H&H 9mos!

AFM... Nothing much happening, awaiting AF so I can get this month in full swing.:dust:

I'm back from town, managed to get some cheapy tests that are 20mui/ml but I'm waiting til tomorrow now as I've got some spotting. It is strange for me because I usually just start without the warning, but I guess we'll see. If the old hag hasn't turned up by the morning I'll test again. Cramps aren't really af cramps either, but who's to say whats normal now?:shrug:
To make matte worse, a girl I went to school with posted a pic of her bfp on fb today. Along with the comment "well it wasn't planned but these things happen don't they?" :growlmad:

I might have a root around for me cervix tonight when I'm in the shower as I've never managed to find it and just assumed it's been high when I've tried. It should be low if af is coming right?

Thankyou MrsMM :hugs:

Hi Lolo, I hope that is implantation spotting!

I remember that chip fork thingy...it bothered me something fierce. To be frank I didn't much like the brush either but its just one of things we Ladies need to handle for our Lady-Health. Good on you Pink for booking one! :thumbup:

I might have a root around for me cervix tonight when I'm in the shower as I've never managed to find it and just assumed it's been high when I've tried. It should be low if af is coming right?

In theory yes- but cervix be a tricky thing! 'Low' might not actually feel low until compared with high or vice versa its one that takes practice. You will know when you find it- if you can't reach it then don't worry just try another time apparently it shifts about quite a lot even within a day.

One of my long ago work buddies is very pregnant with her first, he'l be here in a few weeks, we got quite close because she was nervous and scared and wasn't getting much use from her midwife, and although flippant pregnancy comments from people who weren't even trying can be hurtful, my friend has consistantly been in appropriate awe at what she has inside her, and even when complaining about a backache one day she managed to sound like she was grateful for the backache. I'm so happy that she is having such a healthy first pregnancy, and I'm very glad she isn't taking it for granted like so many people! I told her about my loss simply because I had gone and told her I was pregnant, and she shut right up on statuses, but we continued to talk via message. Bless her she wa strying not to say anything that might upset me but I was just happy she was happy I had to tell her off about trying to avoid pregnancy talk just because of me.

At first I felt really happy for her, but it turns out she's not with the bloke and it just made me pissed off. She's only 6 weeks and has been posting things she's bought for it already, I feel scared for her that something may happen, aand then angry at myself because everyone should be able to get pregnant and not instantly worry about something going, and believe that it will never happen to them. It never entered my mind that I would actually have a miscarriage, or that it was even possible really. I always thought it was something that happened to other people:nope:

Sorry that sounds so downbeat, but I'm actually pretty angry thinking that I might not be pregnant again:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->