Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Can you go from known ovulation and add 14 days? I *think* that would work as a rough guide. Anyone??

Yes. That's how some of the online EDD calculators work anyway.

When I was first pregnant, 16 years ago (gulp), they only offered a 20 week anomaly scan as standard. I got to 17 weeks, and went along for a routine antenatal appointment, and the doctor was trying out her new electronic doppler for the first time (see, it was aaaages ago, when these were very new gizmos) and couldnt find the heartbeat, but thought maybe she just didnt know how to work it. EPU wouldn't see me because I was over 12 weeks, so my GP fought really hard to get me seen on the labour ward of the local hospital for a scan, and I'd had a mmc many many weeks beforehand. Just horrible to find out on the labour ward of all places, with midwives too busy to deal with us because women were giving birth in the next room :(

Thats awful! You shouldn't have to fight just to be looked after, then have to put up with the added emotional pain of a labour ward.

add 2 weeks from the 15th then count from then to what date it is now :)

EDIT: sarah, you are due around 7th Sept 2012 :)

Thanks Pichi! A due date calculator gives me Sept 6th based on ovulation and Sept 5th based on when I started my AF (using Nov. 30th).

Just woke up....nap was good!

18 weeks?!?! Thats insane, are they mad? That doctor must have been thinking with their butt instead of brains. Over here the dating scan is 12 weeks but even if you have that early, you get another between 11 and 13 weeks if you want a nuchal translucency scan. 18 weeks! Goodness I'm almost shaking my fist at that, which makes it very hard to type! And what is a 'quick' anatomy scan????? That should take 30 mins at the very least for them to see and check everything. GOODNESS ME! 4 vials of blood....gulp. I'm not ok with having bloods took since my MMC. Midwife said to me on the phone not to forget to take her a pee sample when I go, I said no worries I have gotten very good at peeing into cups!

Mrs Miggins, the pied piper of pregnancy, you could work that as an advantage if you put it on your business card! On a more serious note, are you ok? It can't have been easy having someone walk in and say that.

Fili I'm glad st Mary's are being on the ball with your tests and willing to move fast for you- they obviously understand much better than the EPU.

Ickle, I'm glad you feel ok to watch One Born, yes its emotional, but its so fascinating and beautiful too...minus the chav man from last night.

Chele....resistance is futile...that is all!

Lolo...she aint here til she is here!

Pink how you bearing up in first day back?

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm a bit mentally blasted- the vivid dreams have begun and started with one I couldn't decide whether it was just a vigorous and weird adventure dream, or a full on nightmare. I did triumph over the weird people in it that seemed to be trying to experiment on me though, so I think that was a good sign. Trying hard to pluck up the courage to call the EPAU now, and not looking forward to it!

No kidding! She said the "anatomy" scan was to check the sex and that's why they wait until 18 weeks.

I did do a digi Fili....was freaking out about the faintness of my line, will do another digi in a few days.

Goodness me Sarah- they really weren't clued up at all- anatomy scan may reveal gender yes but its certainly not what its for and they only tell us here if its obvious! I hope that doctor feels suitably ashamed of their lack of knowledge on those matters!

I get 9th of sept as a due date from FF/midwife, other sites say 12th. Either will do as long as I get that far!

No kidding! She said the "anatomy" scan was to check the sex and that's why they wait until 18 weeks.

Have you checked then that she is right that you need a PAP test next week? In the UK they don't do them at all when you are pregnant, even if you are due one, they get you to wait until after the baby is born. Here we are quite conservative about internal exams, speculums, etc during pregnancy, and tend not to have any unless they are vitally important, although I know in the states some OBGYNs will do an internal on every antenatal appointment, so practices vary a lot.

I did do a digi Fili....was freaking out about the faintness of my line, will do another digi in a few days.

Goodness me Sarah- they really weren't clued up at all- anatomy scan may reveal gender yes but its certainly not what its for and they only tell us here if its obvious! I hope that doctor feels suitably ashamed of their lack of knowledge on those matters!

I get 9th of sept as a due date from FF/midwife, other sites say 12th. Either will do as long as I get that far!

The doctor I saw was just a resident and her specialty definitely was not pregnancy! I'm seeing my real doctor next week and I'm sure he'll clear things up!

i think its our equivalent to a smear test fili

Have you checked then that she is right that you need a PAP test next week? In the UK they don't do them at all when you are pregnant, even if you are due one, they get you to wait until after the baby is born. Here we are quite conservative about internal exams, speculums, etc during pregnancy, and tend not to have any unless they are vitally important, although I know in the states some OBGYNs will do an internal on every antenatal appointment, so practices vary a lot.

I'll check with my actual doctor before I let anything happen, but it seems to be the consensus here that I need a pap at my first prenatal appointment. I found this article that says it's routine now. https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/is-it-safe/qa/is-a-pap-smear-safe-when-pregnant.aspx

The resident said that it's standard to check for things like cervical cancer, HPV, etc.

Can't find the EPAU number. Bad thing is, its in my vital paperwork box and the whole box seems to have vanished. Heads will roll if OH has thrown the box out without checking it!

Sarah when did you last have one? My doctor told me very recently is the reason there is a lot of time between paps is because the changes that lead to cervical cancer largely happen on a scale of years as opposed to months. I think maybe rarely there are cases that seem to come from no where, but the vast majority are slow changes that can be spotted in time even with the year or 2 between paps. If you really don't want one and you had one within the accepted time frame then there should be no reason for them not to wait until after you hava had your baby.

I HATE smear tests they make me cringe, I need a general anaesthetic for one of those! :haha: . Should have one but not going to. :smug:

I hate them too but once I got a speculum, it wasn't so bad. The speculum was the scary part for me.

:haha: I know, but it did help lol, its put away now daren't look now! I can't even feel my cervix anymore its gone right up and hid!

Sarah when did you last have one? My doctor told me very recently is the reason there is a lot of time between paps is because the changes that lead to cervical cancer largely happen on a scale of years as opposed to months. I think maybe rarely there are cases that seem to come from no where, but the vast majority are slow changes that can be spotted in time even with the year or 2 between paps. If you really don't want one and you had one within the accepted time frame then there should be no reason for them not to wait until after you hava had your baby.

I last had one in September 2010. We have them every year here and I haven't had one for over a year. It was my own fault. I was due in September and completely forgot. I'll double check with my doctor, but I'm pretty sure it's mandatory here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->