Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

That's exactly what I do - I put off starting because it seems like such a huge amount to lose and then when I do start something, I go for a while then lose interest. I need a someone to help me train and kick my arse when I'm tempted to quit or take a day off, but my DH isn't interested :(

I'll be your training buddy for the next few months if you like? We could do daily updates each evening about what we have eaten that day, and what our training plans are for the next day, and whether we actually did what we had planned to do the previous day. We don't have to swop starting weights or anything :wacko: but we could also keep track of progress on a weekly basis too. If you don't want to do it on an open thread, could do PM or facebook?

Very strange that you all have extra weight after the mc, I was 8'3" before I got pregnant and weighed myself on christmas day just out of curiousity, and was 8'12"! Couldn't believe it actually as I was only 9weeks and didn't think you gained weight that quickly:shrug:

Aunty- I put on about 6lb in the 10 weeks and I wasn't eating much extra really as I was off food for a few weeks. The rest is comfort and Christmas.

I have also gained weight after each miscarraige and my thyroid was underactive so another reason why i have piled nearly 3 stone on in 18 months, that's a stone for each miscarriage.

I started weightwatchers last week and am sticking to it really well. I have been running on the treadmill every morning this week and i have also started the 30 day shred. That work out does wonders! If you want to check out the success of a bnb member, go to dieting and fitness threads and look for "Before and after 40lbs lost". The girl has lost 40lb in 6 weeks by doing the 30 day shred and dieting really well. Total transformation really. I got my boyfriend to take my measurements before i started doing the 30 day shred and i have lost an inch round my waist in a week, another bnb member lost 3" in 3 weeks. Its only a 20 minute workout and costs £5 off amazon. Worth every penny!

Fili i would just have a gentle walk, there is no way you should be running around yet, i use to sit in the house for about a week after the miscarriage as i couldn't face going out.

Afternoon to everyone, hope you are all having a nice day

xx

I should have taken before and after photo's really, might do that later

Aww thanks hope! :hugs: I'm going to check that out now! Quite excited about losing weight now... Let me know how you get on. Im going to weigh myself every Friday morning from now on,

Ickle I don't know what it's like to lose weight but everyone says it's hard and along with ttc too it's not easy x x x

I love 30 day shred too. My OH hates it though, but it does him good when he joins me!

You can download it from iTunes too if you don't want to wait for an amazon delivery :)

ETA I just went and looked at that thread you mentioned. Flipping heck! She looks absolutely amazing and has lost tons of weight and really toned up in a very short space of time. I am so tempted to start it again now!

I love 30 day shred too. My OH hates it though, but it does him good when he joins me!

You can download it from iTunes too if you don't want to wait for an amazon delivery :)

Emum do you feel as though you have lost weight with it/toned up?

I don't seem to have lost much weight this week but i am thinking maybe my fat is turning to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat!

I'll be gutted when i go weightwatchers tues and not lost a pound as i have tried so hard this week, ive had no bread or potatoes, ive had lots of smoothies and lots of veg

I think i am going to follow a gluten free diet becuase i have read it reduces your thyroid antibodies and i have far to many of them in my body (417 of the little anti monkeys and it should be around 57)

Thanks for that info ladies about the 30 day shred. It might be the boost I need to get me started.

Wow hope I am ordering the 30 day bread with.. I mean shred right now!!! That is an amazing transformation in 6 weeks!!

I haven't done it for a while Hope. I started doing it at the beginning of August and got half way through, following it to the letter, so was on phase 2 by that point, and was noticing huge body shape changes, and then got my BFP and stopped because I was too tired, and also worried it was a bit too strenuous for early pregnancy. I was a target weight then and just wanted to tone up, so wasn't monitoring my weight really, but was eating what I liked pretty much, and my tummy was flat and hard. When I lost the baby my heart wasn't really in starting again, and although I've done the odd phase 1 workout now and again, haven't managed to restart the programme properly YET. The 40lb thread might just have inspired me though!

We can encourage each other to get motivated and keep motivated, maybe start another thread where we can monitor each others weight loss

If you're feeling brave, you can always add some semi naked photo's, lol!

I think the 40lb thread has inspired me too, although I'm not sure if I could do that well. I'm going to see if I can get the 30 day shred over the weekend. Although I'm not going to start until I feel better, I might start working on my diet. A friend who's been stalking me on here (hiya Gill!) has recommended the Harcombe diet so I'm going to look into that.

I'm going to buy a notebook and write in all my calories for the day as Ill never remember. I think you have to be really motivated to lose that much weight in a short space of time! Im 70% motivated but if I want a cheesecake one day I'm gonna have it!

If you've got a smartphone - download the MyFitnessPal app. It counts it all for you. You can just scan the barcode for things :) I'm pand15 on there if anyone wants to add me as a pal.

I lost 52 pounds between Aug and Dec 2011, but then after the miscarriage with the holidays and eating for comfort, I've not lost any and have been fighting with 5 pounds that keep coming and then going. I WILL start losing again though....

But then I had a lot more weight then most of you that I needed to lose. I still want to lose another 35 pounds roughly. For me, I'm not calorie counting, but I've cut out most processed sugar, processed carbs, stuff like that. I'm staying away from white bread, white rice, white potatoes, and sticking with veggies, fruit, whole grain stuff. And of course, in addition to that I've cut down on my portions. This year I'm adding in exercise... since I'm um... horrible in that regard.

Hi ickle. I use that app to so have just sent you a request. I have tried the Harcombe diet in the past. It is very faddy, and quite hard to stick to. Some bits are good, like not eating processed foods, but you can't mix fats with carbs over the course of a whole day, and have to cut huge food groups out for months at a time which isn't great for a balanced diet. In the end I couldn't keep it up and started doing Nerys and India's Idiot Proof Diet instead which is basically a low carb diet. That sent my hormones into a complete tail spin and I ended up having a period which lasted for about 18 weeks! Obviously not ideal for TTC but not uncommon either if you google low carb diets and menstrual irregularities. In the end I decided a balanced approach with nothing forbidden was the healthiest way to do things.

Oh that's not good. I quite liked the Slimming World diet because it seemed sensible and easy but obviously you don't get the massive results.

Thanks for the request. I was just away to ask who Nicki was lol!

Isn't it daft that we started another thread to leave all the OT stuff on this one but we're still here? Lol!

Oh that's not good. I quite liked the Slimming World diet because it seemed sensible and easy but obviously you don't get the massive results.

Isn't it daft that we started another thread to leave all the OT stuff on this one but we're still here? Lol!

That's cos fili hasn't been over to see us in the new place yet and Saving Private Ryan style, we ain't leaving without her :haha:

That's cos fili hasn't been over to see us in the new place yet and Saving Private Ryan style, we ain't leaving without her :haha:

Awww! :friends: But :blush: what new place? Oh dear I would have been shot at already! I'm not with it at all today! Can someone post me a link?

Emum - my thanks there was in the form of a 'Like' in case you thought I had gone a little :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->