Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Morning girls, I survived my day in hospital. It's all on the front page of my journal for anyone who is interested. Hope everyone is ok! I will read back through soon x x x

Morning girls, I survived my day in hospital. It's all on the front page of my journal for anyone who is interested. Hope everyone is ok! I will read back through soon x x x

Hi fili - I am glad you are home, What a horrible day for you on so many levels :hugs: I were in my thoughts all day. You will be relieved it is all over and your can grieve your loss and look forward to trying again.

One of my boss type colleagues came back to work after being off 5 months for shoulder op. She told me she had 7 mc before getting her daughter, I hope it doesn't come to that for either of us but there is always hope. xx

Thanks pink, I like stories like that, they give me hope. But 7?? Well I'm not too far off 7 lol!! I'm on a serious fitness plan now. I've put on a stone since being on those steroids I cant believe it! If I feel up to it later I'm going for a run! How are you doing?

Glad you survived Fili... Hope you're feeling ok today. :hugs:

Lots of love Fil. Take it easy please..that weight will soon come off. I know you will probably be fine and I probably sound like a patronising mother hen but I don't like the idea of you going for a run after what you have just been through. Nosy Aunty Miggins suggests laying on the sofa eating toblerone for a couple of days, then get your trainers on!

I was thinking the same MrsM. Maybe a walk would be better than pushing yourself with a run fili.

Haha thanks mrs migg.:hugs: Did you put on weight after your mc's? I think the steroids really did it this time. I weighed myself last year and I was just under 10 stone which is fine. I've never dieted before and I think it helped that I was always an active person. But now I am actually 11.5 stone. I don't want it to continue to creep up so...

I joined slimming world more or less straight after my first mc as weight had crept on before it, and lost a couple of stone before getting pregnant again. Since the mc in October a lot of it has crept back on sadly. I'm far too lazy to exercise but I need to get back on my diet again. I used to like body combat though, but all the girls I used to go with are pregnant now.

I'm watching my weight too at the moment. My ideal weight is around 10 stone but I am about a stone above that at the moment, right at the top of the ok BMI range. I've been watching what I eat carefully, trying to stick to an average of 1200 calories per day with maximum 40% of those from carbs, and also trying to exercise 5 times a week. The exercise bit worked well for the first week but not so good this week, as my babysitter is sick. I've done some walking with DS2 in pushchair and yesterday spent an hour sweeping up leaves in the garden, but it's not really on the same level as a decent workout. I am a big fan of the Jillian Michaels DVDs (eg 30 day shred) but they are quite hardcore and unrelenting and you can't really do it whilst tripping over a toddler :)

Glad you are back and the worst day is over fili. Do you plan to go back to dr Lesley for more advice at this point?

Oh that sounds good emum! Never cal counted before but I am now! I think my metabolism has been seriously affected with all these pregnancies too!
Yes I will have a 'post loss' consultation with l regan in a month probably, they're just trying to work out my appointment. My bmi is 'ok' but I need to watch out as if it gets to 12 stone I'll be overweight :shock: .I'm 5,7 height. At least I'm aware of it and doing something about it. My depression Doesn't help at all as I often feel listless and I used to be so active. How many lbs can you lose a week on 1200 cals?

Oh that sounds good emum! Never cal counted before but I am now! I think my metabolism has been seriously affected with all these pregnancies too!
Yes I will have a 'post loss' consultation with l regan in a month probably, they're just trying to work out my appointment. My bmi is 'ok' but I need to watch out as if it gets to 12 stone I'll be overweight :shock: .I'm 5,7 height. At least I'm aware of it and doing something about it. My depression Doesn't help at all as I often feel listless and I used to be so active. How many lbs can you lose a week on 1200 cals?

I'm 5 6 and moderately active, so the idea is that I should lose 2 lbs a week on this. Though inevitably you lose more in the first week, and I actually lost 7lbs in the first week, but only 1 so far this week (my weigh in day is Monday though). I was quite scientific about it and worked out my basal metabolic rate, then the number of calories I would need to lose 2 lbs a week though. If I do a lot of exercise I eat more on that day to keep the weight loss at the same level. As you are younger than me, your BMR is probably higher so you could probably eat more and still lose at the same rate. There are loads of online calculators if you google.

Good morning Ladies :flower:

Fili I'm glad the physical worst is over :hugs: I agree with Mrs Miggins, no running just yet! A walk with DH sounds good though.

I don't calorie count (can't be doing with maths) bit I did put weight on after the MMC and I try to always eat healthy now, and cut chocolate down alot. Stopped having 2 sugars in tea too, half is enough! Sticking to wholemeal bread too.

I lost weight 2 years ago and have kept it of, which hs been the biggest achievement for me. I have put about 9lb back on with the mc and I know thats not a lot but after losing a lot Ijust want to get back down to target but I am finding it difficult. I just don't want it to creep back on like it used to do.

I've got a lot of weight to lose, at least 3st just to get to the point I can get clomid/IVF. I really need to get my head down and get on with it but I find it such a struggle. I really envy those of you who've lost big amounts of weight.

I've got a lot of weight to lose, at least 3st just to get to the point I can get clomid/IVF. I really need to get my head down and get on with it but I find it such a struggle. I really envy those of you who've lost big amounts of weight.

The thing is, human beings are actually meant to be a bit heavier over the cold months, to stay warm, and we need to eat more too. It will be easier as it warms up again and we require less fuel and also start going out and about more.

The most I ever lost in one go was 3 stone ickle, and it did take quite a time. I think I started in January and had lost it all by August, but that was taking me from being in the "overweight" BMI category down to a weight which was at the low end of the normal category but in hindsight a bit too low for my frame. My experience has always been (and I think this is the norm) that the more weight you have to lose, the faster it comes off for you. So if you have a last stone to lose, it might only come off at half or a pound a week, whereas if you had 4 stone to lose, it would come off at 3-4lbs a week for quite a long time. Dont know if this makes it any better or not? My OH has about 4 stone he could do with having off, but he won't start because he is daunted by how long it would take him to get to target, or he starts, does well for a few months, then gives up because he hasn't got all the way there in that time, and puts it all back on again and more.

That's exactly what I do - I put off starting because it seems like such a huge amount to lose and then when I do start something, I go for a while then lose interest. I need a someone to help me train and kick my arse when I'm tempted to quit or take a day off, but my DH isn't interested :(

Very strange that you all have extra weight after the mc, I was 8'3" before I got pregnant and weighed myself on christmas day just out of curiousity, and was 8'12"! Couldn't believe it actually as I was only 9weeks and didn't think you gained weight that quickly:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->