Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

That's really good Joey! I need to lose about 7stone overall but about 3 stone to keep our place on the waiting list.

I don't even know where to start - I've seen dieticians (some of them were bigger than me!), tried Xenical, Slimming World, hypnosis, tried to start exercising by myself but I always give up. The only thing that actually helped and that I stuck to was Reductil but they took it off the market while I was on it. I'm really put off trying anything else because I don't think I'll stick to it and it'll just be another waste of money.

I know the feeling.

I started WW 7 and a half years ago when I was 23. I was about a size 18 and very down with myself, back then I joined purely for vanity reasons, I just hated how I looked.

It wasnt easy, not by a long shot, I was being introduced to healthy foods that I never even knew existed. It took me 3 and a half years to get to goal but I really wasnt as strict with myself as I should have been, so it could have been quicker. I got to goal in October 2007 and have managed, for the most part, to stick at goal.

Since starting TTC I have been very distracted and I know my head and heart hasnt been totally into maintaining my weight, but I am still conscious of what I eat and I still go to class every week, so I am doing ok.

When you start out the journey seems like it will never end and the final destination seems unreachable. At this point hun, all I would advise is to break it down into small steps. Can you lose 3 stone in a month, no, of course not, but you can lose close to a stone in a month with a lot of dedication.

If your heart isnt into following a specific plan, I agree that it is a total waste of money, but I would say that you should find a specific plan to follow and really stick to it. If it doesnt work one week, then the chances are that it is you, and not the plan (had to tell myself this one many times) and if you do it right, it will work.

Whilst I did start to lose weight for vanity purposes, I am so glad, now that I am older, that my health has improved as a result. I dread to think where I would be now if I had continued the way I was back then.

All the best hun and as I say, gimme a shout any time.

(btw, I have a weight loss blog, it hasnt been updated in a while, but there are some tips etc on there if you fancy a look, it is https://joeybrooks.webs.com)

Can I join you ladies? I haven't read from the beginning of the thread as it is huge, but just the last few pages.

I had a mc at the weekend at 6 weeks. The bleeding started on Saturday and finished on Tuesday. A scan on Monday showed almost everything had gone, and my HPT went back to negative on Wednesday.

I am 42, and know I have problems trying to conceive due to male and female issues, but we have been lucky enough to have 3 children (one assisted conception and two naturally) over a 15 year period of not using contraception. The last pregnancy was a surprise but even though the loss was early, we had already made a space in our lives for that baby, and I feel our family will not be complete without one more.

I've read that you are most fertile in the 3 months following a loss, so want to start trying immediately without waiting for a cycle to return. I have continued taking my prenatal vitamins and added in some zinc, omegas, B12 and C to help the recovery process, and have started ov testing from yesterday. We haven't actually bd'd since the loss though as I still feel quite sore, but if I get a +ve on an ov test, we will overcome that. Does anyone have any other advice as to what we should be doing to maximize our chances of conception and minimise the risks of another loss? I'd be really grateful for any advice going. Good luck to everyone else trying for the same thing.

Hi Emmum i'm so sorry for your loss. You'll definetly find support here from everyone.

I'm actualy a bit confused for my cycle. See i started having really heavy bleeding on the 20th of aug then had a scan early on the 21st that showed the fetus had died at 7 weeks (i was just starting my 11th week that day) and was currently passing. Huge pains sunday night that lasted for 2 hours and then everything came out. My doctor confirmed everything looked good, passed naturaly and we could start trying again immediatly without problems.

I started having this weird tingle inside on the 30th and was terrified i had some type of infection. Went to the doctor and my blood test showed i only had 20 hcg's left in my system which meant everything looked great. Started opk tests on the friday sept 2nd which had a faint line then kept getting darker non stop and stayed dark on the tuesday. I did a pregnancy test on saturday to check and see if it would come out negative but had a faint line.

Now here is the weird part, took a pregnancy test on tuesday and it turned a bit darker?!?? I was like WTH??? Now since DTD last night with my DH my uterus had been cramping on and off...am i going crazy? I think my body had started going coocoo for coco puffs on me 'SOB' :( :(

Jessy, I'd go back to your doctor in case you have some retained tissue. Have you had any scans or anything?

Ickle pand Why i went to the doctor almost a week and a half ago she did a full on gyno exam inside with different tissue samples and let me know that everything was good. No sign what so ever of abnormal tissue or anything...seriously some days having a vagina sucks LOLOLOL

EMUM :wave: Welcome, I am sorry for your loss :hugs: we all know how you are feeling and we wish you the best! This group of ladies has been a blessing and I am sure that you will find that as well, including some information that will help you out along this journey back to TTC! FXD! you get that bfp soon.

JOEY, good work with the weight loss!

ICKLE, I am sorry that you have so much to deal with along with TTC. However, I agree with JOEY, as a personal trainer, I can say her information is very good and as she said, what better motivation to lose the weight. In many cases, it is a change in lifestyle that will help the weight loss the most. When you find something you like, not that someone else thinks works for you, you stick with it. Have you tried group exercise? I have contemplated in the last month, starting my online personal training again as I come across sooo many women in here that I would love to try to help. FXD for you Hun!

Today, CD10, I saw a hint of a pink line on the OPK this morning (hard squinting). We are going to call and move the donations up 1-2 days. Predicted OV is on the 16th and we want to cover a few days just to cover the bases a little more this month. Prior to MC I was OV on CD14 or 15 and the 16th will be CD18, I OV’d CD 20-21 last cycle…. I started using OvuView app on my phone last cycle, and interestingly, it said the best time to use OPKs is between 2-8pm. That I haven’t heard before. I guess I have it covered, as the clinic said first thing in the morning and I have been doing the morning and evening. I have been checking my cervix as well and I think it’s going to take a minute to get use to. I still check CM. Thanks to a dear BNB friend (NY), I began the baby aspirin last night, tussin, Primrose, and B-6, I am probably going to be ridiculously FERTILE! :haha: Next week can’t get here fast enough!!!! FXD! :dust: :dust:

Jessy that sounds weird. Would your doctor recheck your HCG levels do you think, as if they are increasing that might tell you more? POAS are such a blunt tool. The only other things which spring to mind is that a different batch of tests or different brand may be slightly different in sensitivity, or your wee might have been more diluted on the first day than the second?

I agree at the minute, being a girlie sucks big time! My OH is hurting from the loss too but in such a different way.

Emum i definetly agree it is weird. My doctor said that i dropped from almost 7000 levels to 20 in a week and a half which meant everything was good.

It could be the test batch for sure. I figured the best thing to do would be to re-test maybe this weekend which will give the original test a week in between and see what it says. If it comes out negative than great everything is on track. If it comes out faintly positive i still think it's on track but if it comes out darker then i'll have to call my doctor cuz something is up...

It sucks cuz you hope to have a clean slate right after u know? Like ok this has happend but my body is back to normal so we're starting off fresh.

Struth- thanx hun, that's exactly how i feel!!!Start fresh!!! I ll check babymad and see if they can post here!!!:flower:

Madrid- ever since my last ov in july my temps stayed high even after the mc. It doesnt help that i have to get up a lot during the night, my son is a very fussy sleeper, so they are all over the place!!!:shrug:

Debzie- Yayyyyyy there is still hope for ovulation soon!!! I ve heard that about fertility treatments so hopefully it's not gonna take forever!!Thanks!:thumbup:

C814- Its totally normal hun, it took me 3.5 months to get down to a 31 day cycle.Are you taking any supplements to bring ov any closer?:hugs:

Ickle Pand, i know how you're feeling. I dont even want to call my dr to see how the labs came back after the mc. I am so sorry your appointment brought back all the ugly memories. On a different note, i dont want to give you false hopes but couldnt the drop in your temps be implantation dip? How long have they been down?Lots of hugs hun, i m still keeping my fxd for you!:hug:

Emum- i am so sorry for your loss. You seem to be taking all the right vitamins so you are probably on the right track. I was told extra folic acid can reduce the risk of mc but i still have to ask my dr! He also said he d put me on baby aspirin but that is because i ve had 2 mc and he thinks there might be a problem with blood supply to the placenta. Did they give you a reason for your mc?:hugs:

Jessy, i know this might seem stupid but why dont you get your bloods done again and if it's more than 20 then could there be a chance you ov soon after the mc and are pregnant again?:flower:

MrsMM24, I ll keep my fxed for you hun, GL!:flower:

Chistiana can that actualy happen?? I always thought u would only ovulate starting at about 14 days after a natural mc give or take a few days...

C814- Its totally normal hun, it took me 3.5 months to get down to a 31 day cycle.Are you taking any supplements to bring ov any closer?:hugs:

Thanks, just feels like it 4 months now and still no sign of a normal cycle! Nope no supplements but I do have some agnus cactus coming tomorrow which Im going to give a go so fingers crossed that helps and I ov soon....then fingers crossed for a sticky bfp

Chistiana can that actualy happen?? I always thought u would only ovulate starting at about 14 days after a natural mc give or take a few days...

I know you can get pregnant very soon after a mc but I think it could be a bit to quick?? I dont know though.

My pg tests were positive for a good 3 - 4 weeks after my erpc, I never expected it to take that long.

Jessy,i am sorry, maybe i misunderstood, when was your mc completed? i think you could have already ov but maybe it's still too early for a +test, i agree. I mean, i mc on the 23rd had a d&c on the 26th and hope to ovulate very soon. My numbers arent down yet though. When would you date your ov?

C814, agnus castus did the trick for me last time! The 2nd cycle after my mc i ov day 30 and then i started the agnus castus and next cycle ov date moved up to cd 17! And that the cycle i got the bfp!! Good luck hun, i m pretty sure it's gonna help you too!

Chistiana started heavy bleeding august 20th and everything came out naturaly late on the 21st. Finished the standard bleeding on the 25th. Had my levels checked on tuesday the 30th and was down to 20. The doctor said it was a great drop and everything was almost back to normal.

Chistiana started heavy bleeding august 20th and everything came out naturaly late on the 21st. Finished the standard bleeding on the 25th. Had my levels checked on tuesday the 30th and was down to 20. The doctor said it was a great drop and everything was almost back to normal.

I found my levels dropped fairly quickly to start with but at the low numbers like you are getting took a bit longer. Id give it another week :hugs:

so you could have ov roughly around the 3rd, you could be pg but it might be too early to show on a test so not so sure about what's going on! Impressive drop, i wish my numbers could do the same!

C814, agnus castus did the trick for me last time! The 2nd cycle after my mc i ov day 30 and then i started the agnus castus and next cycle ov date moved up to cd 17! And that the cycle i got the bfp!! Good luck hun, i m pretty sure it's gonna help you too!

Thanks mc cycle I oved cd 43, the last cycle was cd39 and im now cd14 and showing no signs, the agnus cactus might take a while to help but fingers crossed it helps a little this cycle and then maybe a normal cycle next time??

JESSY, I dropped quickly, but it also depends on how far along you are during MC. I was 10 wks but Baby D stopped at 8 wks. I dropped quickly and bldng onlylasted 5 days. My levels were checked 3 days after the start and they were 200, then 2 wks after that, it was zero. GL! It can happen, there are sooo many ladies in other threads that not only OV, but were/preg 4/5 wks after the start of their MC. FXD! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->